Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: bizarrely wrong shows getting added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, after my upgrade to kodi v18 I'm getting a strange error.  The movies files from an ssh/sftp source are getting added correctly, but for some reason kodi is adding a couple of shows that I don't have from my shows source.  It's (seemingly) randomly adding in episodes from other shows (separate folders) into these two rogue shows.  Here's the folder structure for my shows source:

Black.Mirror
Good.Eats.Reloaded
Saturday.Night.Live
Seinfeld
The.Deuce
The.Gifted
The.Handmaids.Tale
The.Marvelous.Mrs.Maisel
The.Toys.That.Made.Us
Travelers

As you can see, there's no Alex Agnew Shows or The Armando Iannucci Shows present in this structure.  

debug file (partially cut down to get it < 512Kb )

Help appreciated
The scanner is scraping this link as the Alex Agnew Shows
xml:
12:20:16.829 T:13269 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshowsConfusedftp|ssh://USERNAMETongue[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/

This is the folder structure, which I do not understand, so your tv shows are being mis-identified ...
xml:
12:20:17.320 T:13269 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/Black.Mirror/Black.Mirror.Bandersnatch.2018.REPACK.1080p.WEB.X264-DEFLATE.mkv (s20e18)

I suggest fixing up your Sources. See... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
(2019-02-05, 22:21)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]The scanner is scraping this link as the Alex Agnew Shows
xml:
12:20:16.829 T:13269 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshowsConfusedftp|ssh://USERNAMETongue[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/

This is the folder structure, which I do not understand, so your tv shows are being mis-identified ...
xml:
12:20:17.320 T:13269 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/Black.Mirror/Black.Mirror.Bandersnatch.2018.REPACK.1080p.WEB.X264-DEFLATE.mkv (s20e18)

I suggest fixing up your Sources. See... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
Thanks for helping with this. I'm sure you're correct about this.  The source folder "//home/ben/kodi/shows/" appears to be identified as a show itself.  I'm not sure exactly how to prevent this, but I'll check out your links.
If you go to the folder in the files view (from the main menu go to the videos entry and the files sub-item) and then open the context menu for the folder, you should see either "set content" or "change content" as one of the options (depending on if the media type for that folder is set or not).

Select that, and confirm the media type (at the top where it says "This folder contains") is set to TV shows. Below that you should see a couple of scanning options. The key one is "Selected folder contains a single TV show". That should only be set for the folder level which does contain one show as defined in the scraper database (Black Mirror or Good Eats Reloaded for examples). That folder should contain all the episodes for the given show (in normal SxxExx naming format as detailed in the link above), optionally in sub-folders for individual series if you wish.

Kodi by default will set that option to true for each folder below the root of your source. But it is possible to edit it via the context menu per folder if it gets it wrong.
(2019-02-05, 23:04)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]If you go to the folder in the files view (from the main menu go to the videos entry and the files sub-item) and then open the context menu for the folder, you should see either "set content" or "change content" as one of the options (depending on if the media type for that folder is set or not).

Select that, and confirm the media type (at the top where it says "This folder contains") is set to TV shows. Below that you should see a couple of scanning options. The key one is "Selected folder contains a single TV show". That should only be set for the folder level which does contain one show as defined in the scraper database (Black Mirror or Good Eats Reloaded for examples). That folder should contain all the episodes for the given show (in normal SxxExx naming format as detailed in the link above), optionally in sub-folders for individual series if you wish.

Kodi by default will set that option to true for each folder below the root of your source. But it is possible to edit it via the context menu per folder if it gets it wrong.
Thanks, I can confirm that for my TV Shows source the contains a Single TV show was/is unchecked.  I did try adding a trailing slash on my sftp source, hoping it would see /home/ben/kodi/shows/ as a source folder with shows in subfolders, but the problems remains.
Hmm. I see in the log:

Code:
12:20:17.344 T:13269   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/Seinfeld/Seinfeld.S01E01.The.Seinfeld.Chronicles.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DD2.0.x264-NTb.mkv (s1e1) [s([0-9]+)[ ._x-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
(Line 922)

Code:
12:20:17.439 T:13269   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/Travelers/Travelers.2016.S01E01.Travelers.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-BTN[rarbg]/Travelers.2016.S01E01.Travelers.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-TRV.mkv (s1e1) [s([0-9]+)[ ._x-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
(Line 989)

Code:
12:20:19.488 T:13269   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshows:sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/The.Toys.That.Made.Us/The.Toys.That.Made.Us.S01E01.720p.WEB.x264-STRiFE[ettv]/the.toys.that.made.us.s01e01.720p.web.x264-strife[ettv].mkv
(Line 1438)

for examples, which seems to indicate that it's finding stuff and matching it? That said quite why there's all the regex stuff in the first two I don't know.

There also seems to be a mix of themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com being used, which possibly won't help. Are you using two different scrapers for a reason?
(2019-02-05, 23:36)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. I see in the log:
Code:
12:20:17.344 T:13269 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/Seinfeld/Seinfeld.S01E01.The.Seinfeld.Chronicles.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DD2.0.x264-NTb.mkv (s1e1) [s([0-9]+)[ ._x-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
(Line 922)
Code:
12:20:17.439 T:13269 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/Travelers/Travelers.2016.S01E01.Travelers.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-BTN[rarbg]/Travelers.2016.S01E01.Travelers.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-TRV.mkv (s1e1) [s([0-9]+)[ ._x-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
(Line 989)
Code:
12:20:19.488 T:13269 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshows:sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/The.Toys.That.Made.Us/The.Toys.That.Made.Us.S01E01.720p.WEB.x264-STRiFE[ettv]/the.toys.that.made.us.s01e01.720p.web.x264-strife[ettv].mkv
(Line 1438)

for examples, which seems to indicate that it's finding stuff and matching it? That said quite why there's all the regex stuff in the first two I don't know.

There also seems to be a mix of themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com being used, which possibly won't help. Are you using two different scrapers for a reason? 
the two info providers was an attempt to fix the issue.  I can change them back, but it doesn't fix anything.  I have no idea where the regex stuff came from.
Might I suggest, when you download TV shows, that you rename them (so you don't obviously look like a Pirate), that would fix your issues in Kodi.

Examples (from your posts)...

the.toys.that.made.us.s01e01.720p.web.x264-strife[ettv].mkv

should be...

the.toys.that.made.us.s01e01.
(2019-02-06, 01:51)Powerhouse Wrote: [ -> ]Might I suggest, when you download TV shows, that you rename them (so you don't obviously look like a Pirate), that would fix your issues in Kodi.

Examples (from your posts)...

the.toys.that.made.us.s01e01.720p.web.x264-strife[ettv].mkv

should be...

the.toys.that.made.us.s01e01.
good advice.
(2019-02-05, 23:36)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. I see in the log:
Code:
12:20:17.344 T:13269 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/Seinfeld/Seinfeld.S01E01.The.Seinfeld.Chronicles.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DD2.0.x264-NTb.mkv (s1e1) [s([0-9]+)[ ._x-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
(Line 922)
Code:
12:20:17.439 T:13269 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/Travelers/Travelers.2016.S01E01.Travelers.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-BTN[rarbg]/Travelers.2016.S01E01.Travelers.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-TRV.mkv (s1e1) [s([0-9]+)[ ._x-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
(Line 989)
Code:
12:20:19.488 T:13269 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshows:sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/The.Toys.That.Made.Us/The.Toys.That.Made.Us.S01E01.720p.WEB.x264-STRiFE[ettv]/the.toys.that.made.us.s01e01.720p.web.x264-strife[ettv].mkv
(Line 1438)

Darren, thanks for your help with this.  Will you trash/delete this thread for me please?  I've got some good leads on how to track down my solution.  Thanks.
(2019-02-06, 05:56)utnuc Wrote: [ -> ]Will you trash/delete this thread for me please
Sorry, no.
Just to give everyone an update:

I'm reasonably certain that my Kodi's problem is that it's somehow interpreting the source folder itself (../shows/) as a show, matching this folder to the closest thing it can find in the info database (Alex Agnew Shows and The Armando Iannucci Shows). It seems to do this regardless of if I have the "contains a Single TV show" option unchecked in the source setup.  It seems to do this irrespective of my scraper library provider. 

I've just tried adding an exclusion in my advancedsettings.xml

xml:

<video>
  <excludetvshowsfromscan>
    <regexp>shows</regexp>
  </excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>

But no luck: this excludes the source and all its folders altogether. I've considered just renaming my source folder, but this won't fix the underlying behavior of Kodi using the source folder as a show. I've been through setting up the source multiple times using the online wiki as a guide, but I fail to see what I could be doing wrong.  Is this a bug?  I've used this exact method with Kodi v17 without issue.
In this address...
sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/Black.Mirror/

Which folder have you set as the Source?
(2019-02-06, 22:05)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]In this address...
sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows/Black.Mirror/

Which folder have you set as the Source?
 sftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:24//home/ben/kodi/shows is the source for all shows.
You set the Source on /Shows/?

Your log has expired, so I can't check anything.
Pages: 1 2