Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Easy to Setup Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys... switching my system out for an Android Box. Had a PC running LibreElec and a FLIRC, which I got the internal mounted version and added to my case, and programmed in Windows before I switched to OpenElec and now LibreElec. Works great. I have a universal Sony remote, power turns on the TV, other power button turns on the PC, remote works great. 

Beelink GT1 Ultimate arrived yesterday, which has a remote, that kinda sucks. Small and slippery.

I am absolutely horrible when it comes to modding files and such, and with LibreElec being put onto the Android box (maybe CoreElec) I don't even know how to mod files since no desktop for the OS and I know squat about Linux.

Basically, just looking for some feedback regarding how hard it would be to get the Sony to work?

or... is there a recommended remote that works with both the box and Kodi pretty much out of the box. I loathe having 2 remotes, especially if one remote's sole purpose is just to turn something on/off and that's it.

On another thread someone recommended the Minix Neo A2, but, looks a bit too basic, not seeing a button that can be programmed for the TV power and Android power. Rii MX6 is the same... which is too bad, I have a Rii mini keyboard and works great.

MX3 Pro is under $20CAD and has a keyboard, iR learning with a power button and a TV button... not sure if can make the TV button power on/off the TV? or just switches the remote's functions, and the power button gets used for both the box and tv?

Looking on Amazon.ca mostly... hoping under $30CAD... hoping for some feedback. I know a few years ago when I had remote issues, my post got 0 response and ended up switching hardware to something else. Hoping to avoid problems. I really like my Sony remote and the looks of the MX3 Pro... but if it weren't for FLIRC or before that EventGhost, I'd never have gotten the remote working. Switching to Android+CoreElec.... I'm expecting some hairpulling. 

Oh also a soundbar. Remote though really just needs to turn the TV on/off and control the volume of the soundbar. 

Thanks for any help you guys can give.
No option to program it to turn on/off the TV.

Few people answered my Amazon question about the MX3 Pro.... Half said worked right out of the box, and half didn't mention Kodi at all just that the remote died after a month.

The ones that said it worked with Kodi said it was good, and some had multiples... So kinda a 50/50 there.

Cheap enough to try though. Just not sure how it powers on the box if plugged into USB.
Yes you can... catch is you need a compatible Fire TV device to set it up initially.