Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shutdown with Power button in Kodi 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi @DaVu 

my log
https://paste.kodi.tv/yowehuyisu.kodi

xml file

<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="61573">back</key></keyboard></global></keymap>
Must we always say, that we will need a Debug Log?

Your log has debugging disabled

and for the note. As long as your remote is not recognized as a keyboard (which I only know of if a Flirc dongle is in use or on some s905 devices), your keymap.xml file is wrong. Because if your remote is recognized as a IR remote (we will see that info from a Debug Log), your xml file has to look like:

Code:

<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote> <- that's important, because currently you change keys for the "keyboard"
      <power>shutdown</power
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

Anyway, I also requested the info of the exact filename of that xml file and its location.

If you refuse to give the info I asked for, then I can't help.
Sorry im not familiar with debug /logs in Kodi

I have a remote(Rii i7 wireless airmouse)  and keyboard(mini keyboard ) connected to the PC  by a small dongle
i used keymap editor to reroute a back button. Strangly the standard back button is not working at kodi in all menus(at kodi 17 and 18) . so thats way this code" <key id="61573">back " and it is working for me

keymap generator makes the xml file .  storred at ...//.kodi/userdata/keymaps

but i cannot reroute the power button  i tried the code
<power>shutdown</power> , but the powerbutton has a different key id ( found out with keymap editor)  <key id="61663">shutdown</key>

so the code works , for the back button on my remote
<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="61573">back</key></keyboard></global></keymap> 

but not working for my powerbutton on my  remote
<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="61663">shutdown</key></keyboard></global></keymap> 

also when i changed <keyboard> into <remote>

So now i did go back to kodi 17, that is still working for me , but i hoped kodi 18 will be better and fixed some issues at kodi 17, but i found only more issues for me in kodi 18
Pages: 1 2