Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Loading/lags when watching movies on the local network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening. Faced the problem of watching movies through Kodi. When watching movies (Android TV 40PFT5501/60) on a local network, buffering occurs in some movies. A circle appears, and somewhere within 3-8 seconds it is filled to 100%, after which 15-30 seconds of the film pass and the same begins. I have a computer running windows 10, and a shared folder (SMB). Connection by cable.

I tried different versions of kodi, it did not solve the problem. decided to stop at version 17.6. All my films in .mkv. If you look through the local network in the VLC player, then there are no problems at all. Everything is very fast, and without delay. So it's definitely not a cable, I checked it. Disabled and enabled hardware acceleration, but that didn't help either.

I managed to find out that many movies of my video library are subject to excessive loading of HDD, and probably in connection with this the transmission speed through the cable begins to fall.

This is what happens on my computer when buffering occurs on my TV. (I did not find the spoiler function here, sorry)

And here the movie is going well, there is no buffering / loading. Usually, loading no more than 2-3% just here a movie weighing 28gb.

I'm sure the problem in Kodi, since VLC reproduces these files without problem.
If you have any questions, ask. I will try to provide all possible data. I hope for help.
Forgot to add. I thought that the problem was with my TV, so I decided to put the Kodi on my android smartphone. But there is a similar situation.
Kodi's SMB support on android is not good. If you can use another sharing method.
I started using NFS. Now all problems are solved!