Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi android installer app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
      When you go to Programs in Kodi, then go into the (Kodi android installer app),, I tryed to upgrade to Kodi 18, It did download the file of Kodi 18 but when done it gave a message some thing like,, the install is impaired due to  an AI (or some thing like those letters) change. Please go to your download file, theres more to the statement, that I can't understand. Allso it may be temporary. That Kodi android installer app was great when it worked, what happened and how to fix it, or will it be fixed? Anyway, I ended up,, getting the upgrade from *BLEEP* mod edit
Apparently you haven't fully understood the current situation on the Kodi Android installer.
It cannot do the full installation because of current Android limitations. But it does download the correct Kodi installer file. The only thing you need to do is to activate/install that downloaded APK file via your own File Manager, and the installation/upgrade of Kodi will be started.

What you shouldn't do is advertise your choice of where to alternatively download your Kodi package, because we do not take kindly to piracy-infested Kodi installer files, repositories or add-ons. So don't mention, use or present them here, otherwise there will be trouble.
(2019-02-09, 20:49)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently you haven't fully understood the current situation on the Kodi Android installer.
It cannot do the full installation because of current Android limitations. But it does download the correct Kodi installer file. The only thing you need to do is to activate/install that downloaded APK file via your own File Manager, and the installation/upgrade of Kodi will be started.

What you shouldn't do is advertise your choice of where to alternatively download your Kodi package, because we do not take kindly to piracy-infested Kodi installer files, repositories or add-ons. So don't mention, use or present them here, otherwise there will be trouble.
re: "The only thing you need to do is to activate/install that downloaded APK file via your own File Manager"
Lovely statement, however I would ask for two minor bits of information.
1) Where did the android installer app put the file?
2) When you say "your own File Manager" are you talking about the "File Manager" in the Kodi System menu or some external file manager that exists somewhere in the Android universe that I have downloaded

The "Use this on that" isn't as helpful as it might be is this and that are undisclosed
1) In the default download folder of Android
2) The user's File Manager of choice in Android

Eehh... But why are you reacting to a 10 month old & clearly outdated forum topic?