Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi goes to sleep while watching video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might sound crazy, but I need to know how to make Kodi sleep while playing videos. My old setup was a couple years old, and I just kept updating, and installing new addons, uninstalling old addons etc. So I went a couple years without doing a fresh install. Along the way I noticed that if a video played for around 90 minutes it would make my devices go to sleep. I used the same data folder on a few different Android devices and an Apple TV 1st generation, and it would make every device I have sleep if a video played for too long. Something I installed caused this, and I cannot figure out what I had installed that caused this. I never installed any sleep addons, never used any screensavers or power saving settings. I am guessing it was some script that got installed as a dependency that was causing this. I have searched for others having the same problem, but none have ever found exactly which addon caused it for them. Can anyone please tell me how I can get this function back? I want to be able to have Kodi go to sleep while video plays. I do not want to have to set a timer or use a screensaver, I just want Kodi to sleep if a video plays for a long time. Also, I have all my Android boxes set to never sleep, and I do not use daydream. I simply installed Kodi fresh on a new box and lost this function.
Isn't there a setting on whatever actual device(s) you have to turn sleep mode off? It should be in the 'power saving' (or similar) menu if there is one.

If you are not 'in' Kodi, using another 'player', does the same thing happen?
How long is the period of time of inactivity when this occurs?