Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SNES games - playing issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

When I play some SNES games, of the available emulators (cores I think they're called), about half don't work (I just get a black screen), most of the others play too slow with the sound broken up and only one plays well :SNES / Famicom (Snex9x) Nintendo 1.58.0.5.112, it does have some sound issues though.

But it has a slight problem, it randomly stops and goes back to the Kodi menu. Simply enough to restart, but its a little annoying.

Is there anything I can do about this, is this a Kodi issue or a problem with the emulator? If so is it possible to get more emulators perhaps?

I'm using LibreElec on a Raspberry Pi3.

Thanks.
Ok, I think I've worked out the problem - the Raspberry Pi3 is not powerful enough... When I try the same games on Kodi on my Windows 10 PC they play flawlessly.

Is there anything I can do to improve the Raspberry Pi 3 - overclock it perhaps?
You can disable rewind in game settings. That will have a positive affect on performance.
an rpi is powerful enough just look at emulationstations it all has to do with optimization.