Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
I have a problem with your add-on.
For one of the TV add-ons I'm using, your add-on has stopped importing EPGs.
Until version 17.2, it worked without problems, but since version 17.3 it no longer works.
I searched for what it was and found the cause.
The author of the add-on does not use the tvg-id attribute.
The IPTV Simple client add-on takes this into account - see the documentation:

tvg-id
    Corresponds to 'channel-id' field in the EPG xml file.
    If missing from the M3U file, the addon will use the 'tvg-name' tag to map the channel to the EPG.

I suggest an adjustment to your add-on. In the models.py script, change line 621 as follows:
instead of epg_id     = attribs.pop('tvg-id', None),
use           epg_id     = attribs.pop('tvg-id', name),

I tried it and it works.
@posluchac
thank you.
Just pushed v0.17.9 (https://github.com/matthuisman/slyguy.ad...29df06f1c0) that should fix that

The reason it happened was the last version introduced a check where it removed any EPG elements that were not linked to a playlist.
Before that, IPTV Simple try to match epg elements based on name as a fallback. But now those elements are removed to stop that.
This can actually be turned off in settings, its called "Remove EPG Orphans"
But with latest changes - you shouldn't need to do that
@matthuisman
Thank you for your extraordinary support!
Any chance for a Xumo addon that works with IPTV Merge? The project works great, this is just on my wishlist.
Is it not possible to use the IPTV Simple / Kodi Channel Manager to rearrange the Channel Order if using IPTV Merge?

It seems that while I can actually still do this, every time that IPTV Merge runs it resets the order back to the Playlist / EPG order.

Is the only solution to go to Manage TV > All Channels > and add Custom Channel Numbers to every channel via the Context Menu?

What happens when a new Channel is added to the EPG? Does it get added to the top, the bottom?

Thanks Smile
try kodi 19.
think the channel re-order stuff in kodi 18 was a bit broken

also, you will need to disable "Use channel numbers from backend" (expert setting in kodi > pvr)
I'm using Kodi 19. I have the latest version of all the addons I believe.
did you disable "Use channel numbers from backend" (expert setting in kodi > pvr)?
seems you can't re-order channels without that enabled
(2021-07-02, 09:41)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]did you disable "Use channel numbers from backend" (expert setting in kodi > pvr)?
seems you can't re-order channels without that enabled

Yes I did. As I mentioned, I am able to reorder the channels via Kodi > PVR. The problem is that my custom order is reset when IPTV Merge is run.

How does everyone else create their channel order when using IPTV Merge?

Does everyone create custom channel numbers via Manage TV > All Channels > ?

Maybe that's the more reliable solution? (if not the most user friendly).
oh, looking at the kodi db, it tracks channels via "iUniqueID"
This id is provided by IPTV Simple Client.
It must be changing so Kodi loses track of the channel

looking at the IPTV Simple code, it seems uniqueid is generated from the channel name and channel url:
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimp...ls.cpp#L95

So as long as the channel name or url doesnt change the id should remain the same.
Hmm... actually, this problem happens even with IPTV Merge DISABLED.

So it's not really occuring when IPTV Merge runs as such, but when Kodi PVR imports the Guide from the EPG (and running IPTV Merge was of course forcing that).

To check I made some tests with with IPTV Merge disabled and restarted Kodi and after the Guide imports from the EPG after boot the channel order is definitely reset.

I guess something is borked with IPTV Simple and or the Kodi PVR side of things then.

But... does nobody else have this probelm?

(2021-07-02, 10:39)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]How does everyone else create their channel order when using IPTV Merge?

Does everyone create custom channel numbers via Manage TV > All Channels > ?

Maybe that's the more reliable solution? (if not the most user friendly).

Confused... Huh
see my comment above yours...
are you channel names or urls changing?
Try with a static playlist on your HDD so you know it isn't changing.
I'm using your addons: IPTV NZ, IPTV AU, and Samsung TV.

I can make the problem occur repeatedly just by restarting Kodi, even with IPTV Merge disabled.

I assume that the channel names and urls aren't changing from one minute to the next in this case?
Ok, so I decided to try using IPTV Merge's custom channel numbers instead to set my channel order. It's still a work in progress but maybe it will be better than using the Kodi PVR Channel Manager which has always been flakey. But I did notice a couple of points so far:

1: It's possible to add the same channel number to more than one channel. I thought that adding a particular channel number would cause all of the other channels to be renumbered accordingly, but that doesn't seem to be the case? So inserting a new channel in the right order means having to manually renumber all of the other channels?

2: Also just from a UI point of view, what do you thinking about having all of the enabled channels appear at the top of the All Channels list? Obviously this happens anyway if using custom channel numbers, but it would be nice for initial setup.

THANKS Smile
Hi Matt,

I have everything working quite well now. Possibly it's just easier to use IPTV Merge for all configuration and not mess with Kodi PVR and IPTV Simple too much.

I do have one more question though - have I missed a setting somewhere that controls how many days of EPG data are imported?
(I checked kodi > PVR > Guide > Future Days to display and it's set to 7 days)

I only seem to be getting about 8 hours of EPG data and then 'No Information'.

I'm using IPTV NZ, IPTV AU, and Samsung TV Plus (GB Region).

THANKS Smile

EDIT: actually it only seems to be my Samsung TV Plus channel listings that have limited EPG info.
That addon was updated today, is there a bug there maybe?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47