Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
yes, i got it. I dont think can easily be done in Python.
Not sure how to communicate with a Stalker server.

Unless you can find some HTTP API endpoint that generates a playlist?

Have you tried below?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Stalker_Client
(2022-03-05, 02:44)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]yes, i got it. I dont think can easily be done in Python.
Not sure how to communicate with a Stalker server.

Unless you can find some HTTP API endpoint that generates a playlist?

Have you tried below?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Stalker_Client

Yeah just seen it Wink do you reckon you could integrate it with iptv merge?
No sorry. It's it own Pvr client so not possible. Kodi should allow both IPTV simple and that pvr addon at same time tho
(2022-03-04, 18:37)MB1968 Wrote: [ -> ]I have it set to 24hrs but that does not fix my issue. One of my devices has a dual boot system, Android and CoreElec. The mru4u.com website already banned me twice, because I did not notice that the merge procedure on CoreElec followed to short after the merge procedure on Android. Therefore I would like to see the option to execute the merge procedure on a constant time.
I've decided to execute the merge procedure for the playlist and epg manually. It's the only reliable option to avoid being banned by m3u4u.com.
Hi, thanks for this great Addon. can someone please point me into right direction . I will like Run merge automatically at a particular time of the day but couldn’t find a way to do this. I was using Xmltv meld by Primaeval which have this functionality but it is not as powerful as Iptv Merge and also not compatible with Kodi 19.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks 
SJ
I could look into that

Tell me what the desired behavior is.
What happens if your not in Kodi at that time... Does it skip that merge? Or do it as soon as possible after the set time?

Also if you have multiple devices on the network, you can just point all the other IPTV simple clients to the http:// web address of IPTV merge on the single device. So only one device does the merging. All the rest just use those files

@MB1968
As above
@matthuisman, thanks for your quick reply,  I think just setting it to a particular time is just enough because currently you can have the merge run automatically on Kodi start up so if you are not in kodi it runs at the background as soon as you go to kodi if that option is ticked.

Secondly, that was how I was using the xmltv meld. I have a box that runs the xmltv at 3am and write it to a dropbox url and all other Kodi boxes just point to that url.

Correct me if I am wrong, currently we cant write to a url from Iptv merge can we?

Many Thanks

SJ
If your not in Kodi, it can't run. If Kodi isnt running, IPTV merge isn't.

So what happens if you have set to run at 1pm. But you don't start Kodi until 3pmHuh?
(2022-03-12, 01:29)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]If your not in Kodi, it can't run. If Kodi isnt running, IPTV merge isn't.

So what happens if you have set to run at 1pm. But you don't start Kodi until 3pmHuh?

May be we can have it Run as soon as possible if the set time is missed.

Many thanks
Yup. Thats what I was thinking.
Deleted
Hello, your addon is really great. I have one problem. When the lists are merged, the IPTV Simple Client is reloaded afterwards. If channel groups change, they are taken over but the sorting is not. I must then always again under Settings >> PVR & TV >> general, delete the data manually.

After that, the channel groups are loaded correctly sorted.

Can this be fixed?
cant be fixed on my end unfortunately Sad
I tried to automate that reloading - but it was messy and hacky.
Maybe open an issue on Kodis github? I can't imagine it would be much of a priority though
(2022-03-12, 00:08)samueljones Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thanks for this great Addon. can someone please point me into right direction . I will like Run merge automatically at a particular time of the day but couldn’t find a way to do this. I was using Xmltv meld by Primaeval which have this functionality but it is not as powerful as Iptv Merge and also not compatible with Kodi 19.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks 
SJ
     @matthuisman , just  a little reminder about my request .

Many thanks for all you do
@samueljones 

sorry for the delay - finally got around to adding that feature in v0.22.3

Its called "Merge at Hour" (Merge every X hours needs to be disabled)
Then a setting for what hour you want will show 24h. 0 = midnight, 23 = 11pm

It will wait and run as soon after that hour hits as possible.
Then it will wait until that hour on the next day.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47