Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Just with addon.setSetting. I looked at kodis addon code and python legacy api and seems we don't accept an instance Id. So I suspect be awhile until that's updated / released
(2023-02-14, 09:34)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]pushed update to IPTV Merge to revert to old reload behaviour for newer versions of IPTV Simple.
Also to give warning about needing to manually setup IPTV Simple etc

With the latest update is working now as intended however sometimes randomly I end up with No PVR addon enabled dialog info.

Simple Client has been updated to 20.8.1

when does that show? after a merge runs?
Or is that shown when you try to into TV?
Hey, sorry to pile on -- this might be on me, but normally on a new setup I just add iptvsimple/iptvmerge and point it at my playlist (smb://.../whatever.m3u) and everything gets going.

I just added the addon to a new installation, setup iptvsimple, added a playlist, ran merge, and nothing.  Here is a log if it helps: https://pastebin.com/MGRg2STV.

For comparison, I manually set the iptvsimple addon and it works fine.
(2023-02-15, 01:15)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]when does that show? after a merge runs?
Or is that shown when you try to into TV?

While/after merging? Not really sure but definitely without trying to get into TV.

IPTV simple is active after the merging process, it's just random information pops up in the dialog when merging.
are you in the TV or EPG or recording view when it shows?

The old way is to disable the PVR addon and then re-enable it.
Im suspecting if your in a tv view and it gets disabled - it shows this message
@phunkyfish would you be willing to remove multi-instance support from PVR Simple Client until Kodis python API is updated to support it?
(2023-02-15, 03:26)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]@phunkyfish would you be willing to remove multi-instance support from PVR Simple Client until Kodis python API is updated to support it?

I’d rather not. Can we not just add the Python API support?
we can, but i doubt it will go into Nexus...?
Do you know another way we could get PVR simple to refresh its playlist?
I guess user just uses the "refresh interval" in PVR and that allows reloading every 10mins?
Once that API change is in master I’m sure we can come up with an interim solution for Nexus if that change is not allowed as a fix there.

Or as you say set it to a 10min refresh.
So is the "Setup IPTV Simple client" goig to work now? Since the settings.xml file has been removed from simple client?? Because I deleted the entire IPTV Simple addon_data folder to attempt to go back tyo IPTV merge and run the Setup IPTV merge option again but the option does not show anymore. This was a quote from the IPTV thread.. Thanks all. The path types issue is now fixed in 20.8.1. Note that if you already upgraded you will will to update the value manually as migration won't run a second time unless you delete the instance-settings file.

Also note the the settings.xml is no longer used, only instance-settings-*.xml are used. This will mean that any add-ons that modify settings.xml will no longer have any effect, in fact they will likely have adverse side effects.
@jdig4240 can you have a read over post 484 - does this sound like what you're hitting? I think there is a problem with fresh installs of iptvmerge on iptvsimple 20.8.1
** you now have to manually setup IPTV Simple Client to point to IPTV Merge's output files **
No automation is possible Sad 
so i expect a lot of users needing help.

ill try do a blog post tonight on how to manually setup latest IPTV Simple

@phunkyfish I assume Kodis official IPTV Managers "setup automatically" would also now be broken?
https://github.com/add-ons/service.iptv....ptv-simple
https://github.com/add-ons/service.iptv....ple.py#L32
Maybe that would now be a stronger case for reverting until we can at least set the instance settings?
Or at least moving it to Omega and leaving Nexus as single instance. We should have python API to do instance settings in Omega

My plan (once python api allows) would be 
  1. loop through iptv simple instance settings checking for an instance named "IPTV Merge"
  2. if not found - create it?
  3. set the instance settings to IPTV Merge required settings
This would affect new set ups? My iptv simple client still merges find after the update.
New setups affected and setups that migrated when the migration wasnt working fully. So you got lucky ☺️
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47