Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
@matthuisman 
Can you clarify please exactly when "Run Merge on boot" performs a merge?

I have Kodi v19.5 with Merge etc installed on our Sony Android TV, which is put into "Standby" when not in use rather than completely powered off - (like most people I think?). So the TV very rarely "boots" its Android operating system.
Merge is set to "merge" every 12 hours, (default?), and at Boot.

Is "Run Merge on boot" on my TV operating each time the TV is brought out of Standby, each time Kodi is opened, (booted?), or only when the TV is powered on after being off at the wall socket? (We "Exit" from Kodi when we have finished using it: does that completely stop it running: ie a new "boot" of Kodi?).
(2023-03-22, 08:59)atharmian Wrote: [ -> ]@matthuisman 

What is the complete IPTV Merge playlist.m3u8 path: special:// ...../.kodi/addons/.. ?

@atharmian 

What device and Operating System have you got Kodi installed on?

I think that the exact path depends upon to OS?

For example, on my Sony Android TV, it is in:  Main Storage > Android > data > org.xbmc.kodi > files > .kodi > userdata > addon_data > plugin.program.iptv.merge > playlist.m3u8
(2023-03-23, 09:51)Paul608085 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-22, 08:59)atharmian Wrote: [ -> ]@matthuisman 

What is the complete IPTV Merge playlist.m3u8 path: special:// ...../.kodi/addons/.. ?

@atharmian 

What device and Operating System have you got Kodi installed on?

I think that the exact path depends upon to OS?

For example, on my Sony Android TV, it is in:  Main Storage > Android > data > org.xbmc.kodi > files > .kodi > userdata > addon_data > plugin.program.iptv.merge > playlist.m3u8
My system is AlexElec, a fork of CoreElec, which is a restricted Linux OS. 
From an online IPTV Merge comment, it is: special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iptv.merge/playlist.m3u8

So part of the mystery resolved ... Devil
@Paul608085
Booted is when Kodi boots (starts)
It simply runs a merge when the addons service starts
(2023-03-23, 10:12)atharmian Wrote: [ -> ]The path as I stated is special://....
@atharmian 

That is exactly what it says in IPTV Merge's Configuration on my Sony Android TV - but the actual file on mine is located at the path I stated above.
(2023-03-23, 10:15)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]@Paul608085
Booted is when Kodi boots (starts)
It simply runs a merge when the addons service starts
@matthuisman 

Thanks.

Do you know if Kodi on Android completely closes when "exited", or keeps running in the background - and therefore doesn't actually restart, (and cause Merge to run)?

Or, is this a question that I should be asking in another forum - eg General Support ?
(2023-03-23, 10:12)atharmian Wrote: [ -> ]From an online IPTV Merge comment, it is: special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iptv.merge/playlist.m3u8

@atharmian 

Does that path actually exist on your system though?

I mean can you actually navigate to it with a File Manager?

I can't on mine - "special://" needs to be replaced with "Main Storage/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/" to get to Merge's playlist.
(2023-03-23, 10:27)Paul608085 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-23, 10:12)atharmian Wrote: [ -> ]From an online IPTV Merge comment, it is: special://userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iptv.merge/playlist.m3u8

@atharmian 

Does that path actually exist on your system though?

I mean can you actually navigate to it with a File Manager?

I can't on mine - "special://" needs to be replaced with "Main Storage/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/" to get to Merge's playlist.
From my defauly settings that worked, yes, this path is recognized.
@matthuisman

I actually point my playlist and EPG to an external path (downloads/Kodi PVR is the basic idea) and everything is set up and works great with IPTV simple.

However, I notice that playlist.m3u and epg.xml also exists in the default path (special://...) and I have tried deleting that from the addons_data iptv.merge folder, but it keeps coming back.

Is this normal to have these files duplicate in the default path?

I just don't want to bog my system down with additional files if it's no longer needed.

Thank you for all your help as well!
IPTV Merge takes all its setup inputs and merges them to single files by default in its own addon data directory.

You can change that path within IPTV Merge settings.

Sounds like you may not need merge if your entering paths directing into PVR Simple.
In that case, just disable or uninstall IPTV Merge
(2023-03-25, 22:10)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]IPTV Merge takes all its setup inputs and merges them to single files by default in its own addon data directory.

Sounds like you may not need merge if your entering paths directing into PVR Simple.

No I totally have everything running through Merge, but I changed the output path (in the Merge addon) from the default located in the "addons_data/plugin.iptvmerge" to one that exists in my Shield's "KodiDownloads/KodiPVR" path.

I linked everything up in Simple IPTV to look for that info in my Kodi Downloads path, and it all works. (Btw I assumed that you have to sync up the output paths in both Merge and IPTV Simple to get Merge to work, is that not the case?)

However, the same playlist and epg files that are now being used from the Kodi Downloads path, they are also showing up in the default addons_data/plugin.iptvmerge - I have went in and deleted those files, but they will keep adding themselves back.

Essentially I have duplicate files in the default path that shouldn't be generating, since I have pointed everything to an external path.

I believe that's the issue I'm facing, but I figured I would get your insight on the matter 😁
(2023-03-25, 23:41)inihendrix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-03-25, 22:10)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]IPTV Merge takes all its setup inputs and merges them to single files by default in its own addon data directory.

No I totally have everything running through Merge, but I changed the output path (in the Merge addon) from the default located in the "addons_data/plugin.iptvmerge" to one that exists in my Shield's "KodiDownloads/KodiPVR" path.

I linked everything up in Simple IPTV to look for that info in my Kodi Downloads path, and it all works. (Btw I assumed that you have to sync up the output paths in both Merge and IPTV Simple to get Merge to work, is that not the case?)

However, the same playlist and epg files that are now being used from the Kodi Downloads path, they are also showing up in the default addons_data/plugin.iptvmerge - I have went in and deleted those files, but they will keep adding themselves back.

Essentially I have duplicate files in the default path that shouldn't be generating, since I have pointed everything to an external path.

I believe that's the issue I'm facing, but I figured I would get your insight on the matter 😁
Same situation in my case. Both epg and playlist generated into two location - new picked up by myself and old default location addons_data/plugin.program.iptvmerge
@matthuisman 

Please see #19:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3149106

There should be a fix for this.
Now I can run merge on all 3 playlists: external youtube VOD, Plex Live and Pluto, with correct channel numbering !
Your linked comment doesn't make sense...
What do you mean?
Iptv merge stopped pvr simple updating?
There is no option / mechanism for updating pvr simple from in IPTV merge settings either...
(2023-03-30, 17:25)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]Your linked comment doesn't make sense...
What do you mean?
Iptv merge stopped pvr simple updating?
There is no option / mechanism for updating pvr simple from in IPTV merge settings either...

You can go into IPTV Merge Settings and install PVR Simple.

As I painstakingly had explained earlier, I had uninstalled PVR Simple because of IPTV Merge problems. Since then I could not install PVR Simple from LE Repo as usual, until I tried installing from IPTV Merge.

It is pretty clear from many comments, including your own on this thread, that IPTV Merge and multi instance PVR Simple don't like each other ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47