Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SlingTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2019-05-21, 18:40)taylormia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-21, 18:23)d21spike Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at your previous post and this one, it seems both times your client is failing to retrieve data from Sling just in different parts of the process. Leading me to believe it may
be a connectivity issue or something else.

Are you able to access this link via your browser?
https://webapp.movetv.com/config/env-lis...sling.json

If you like you can turn on debugging in the addon settings and PM me a log.

I can access the link on a browser the Kodi PC. I did include the pastebin in my post of the kodi.log with the debugging turned on on Kodi and the Slingtv addon settings. Is there another log that you need?
Thanks. 

No you're fine, just bugged out before it was able to spit out much info. I feel you may have have bad cached copy of the link I had you try. Still looking into it though.

(2019-05-23, 00:56)Dylan2k20 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i mentioned these issues ages ago, my vpn was blamed, i was constantly asked to post my log at sites that dont work, this addon is trash, nuke it

That's the nice thing about open source, anyone is welcome to do it better or improve on it.
(2019-05-13, 20:16)eracknaphobia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-21, 19:37)Copper007head Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I am new to the forums and really enjoyed getting it to work seamlessly with Steam and Sling TV. I've recently browsed info on playback quality and bandwidth setting for Kodi on these forums, but unfortunately, it doesn't work with the Sling TV addon. I know in Sling TV browser there is a feature to limit bandwidth, which is very helpful for my data cap from my isp provider. In the Sling TV addon for Kodi, there is settings option, but it only has Enable Debugging, Enter User Email, Enter User P/w and Logout. Is there additional addon or another Sling TV addon for Kodi, to adjust the bandwidth or playback quality? Any info to point me in right direction would be greatly appreciated.

You have a few options, but changes must be made within Inputstream Adaptive's settings (Addons > My Addons > Inputstream Adaptive). 
  1. Set the Max bandwidth 
  2. Set the Max Resolution
  3. Set stream selection to Manual, then select the resolution once playback starts by selecting the gear icon > Video Settings > Video Stream

Thank you for the reply and the information. It's great to see that a community is still very helpful. Again, thanks.
Hi

I just switched from PS Vue to Sling since Sony is raising it's monthly rate again. Got this all set up and am wondering if I can record shows from it within Kodi.

Thanks
@mzup  i have not found a way to record from kodi.
Also Recordings do not show up in kodi.
There is no programming guide in kodi
I use the slingtv app on my phone to view the guide and set recordings.
On the plus side kodi handles fast forward/rewind much better than the Roku/SlingTV App.
Not perfect but nice for most use.
(2019-07-08, 21:53)mxlance Wrote: [ -> ]@mzup  i have not found a way to record from kodi.
Also Recordings do not show up in kodi.
There is no programming guide in kodi
I use the slingtv app on my phone to view the guide and set recordings.
On the plus side kodi handles fast forward/rewind much better than the Roku/SlingTV App.
Not perfect but nice for most use.

Thanks for the reply.
I use TV Guide FullScreen for my guide and map the channels from sling into it. So I am good with that. I assume that once you set a recording on your phone it will show in the kodi slingtv app? I am fine with that as well if that is the case. I don't plan on doing a lot of recording, but there is always a chance the wife will want me to record something.
@mzup
"I use TV Guide FullScreen for my guide and map the channels from sling into it."
How hard was this to do?

"I assume that once you set a recording on your phone it will show in the kodi slingtv app?"
Sorry to say No it will not show in kodi/Sling app
(2019-07-08, 22:29)mxlance Wrote: [ -> ]@mzup
"I use TV Guide FullScreen for my guide and map the channels from sling into it."
How hard was this to do?

"I assume that once you set a recording on your phone it will show in the kodi slingtv app?"
Sorry to say No it will not show in kodi/Sling app
Was very easy to set up TVGFS to use Sling channels. You need to also use xmltv meld to get a channels list most likely.

So then how do you watch the shows you recorded in Sling?
@mzup
we switch to a roku/slingtv app. Not ideal but we do not record a lot and we switch from our kodi box to the roku for other apps also.
I can stay in kodi 80% of the time so not to bad.
The sling TV app has stopped working today.
I will upload a log this evening when i get back home.
thank you
Yep, looks like something has change on sling.tv's side.
https://github.com/Lunatixz/plugin.video...v/issues/9

EDIT: Appears to be an outdated widevine issue. More info on the issue can be found in the github link.
thank you for the reply
if a log is still helpful just let me know.
thanks
Just got home to find an update waiting.
SlingTv is working again .
A Big Thank you
Hello everyone.

I'm running into a eUPG error since last week when I go into the "Guide" menu. Also when I playback any channel from the other menus I get stuttering/buffering issues as well.
I should update to the latest v18. Other than that, I don't know what else to try at this point.

Log

Thank you.
@bucknasty_1 - your log contains banned addons (wiki) and is in violation of the forum rules (wiki) that you agreed to and accepted when you signed up here. Please read the piracy policy (wiki) section in detail, as we cannot offer any support here whilst those addons and repos are present on the device.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
I've removed the addons and their sources.

Here's the updated log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/igedaqasoq
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10