Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amiga ROMs help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys how are you?

I fell in love with this addon it is just EPIC! Loovee it!!

I was trying to emulate some AMIGA roms because it's my childhood computer, but when i launch one retroplayer simply doesn't do anything.

I installed the P-UAE core.

I created system folder and placed Amiga kickroms in there...

Was anyone able to make it work?

Thanks in advance
no I haven't.... atleast not yet....but I can't really say I've played around with it too much as of yet.likely causes of problems are kickstart roms being named the wrong thing or put in the wrong place.

if I have an opportunity I'll try and play around with it later today and post any updates, should I have any
(2019-02-12, 17:44)raina343 Wrote: [ -> ]no I haven't.... atleast not yet....but I can't really say I've played around with it too much as of yet.likely causes of problems are kickstart roms being named the wrong thing or put in the wrong place.

if I have an opportunity I'll try and play around with it later today and post any updates, should I have any

You should have these BIOS files, and potentially a WHDLoad.hdf file (for hdf support) in:
xml:

...path_to_userdata_folder/addon_data/game.libretro.uae/resources/system
Thanks for jumpin in Zach!

Still no luck with Amiga emulation so far. I have the bios in the right folder with correct name.
I was able to play a couple of roms with uae4all emulator on my android tv box.
I only tried .adf files...could that be the reason why it's not working in retro player?

thanks
I actually got it running after renaming the kickstart roms (I already had them in that folder, but had them named incorrectly.  since I'm on linux, I did copy them so they were named both kick34005.A500 and kick34005.a500 (just to be on the safe side)).
hi!

great to know that u were able to make it work. May i ask you how did you name them at the end?

thanks
(2019-02-14, 13:30)jojjua Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for jumpin in Zach!

Still no luck with Amiga emulation so far. I have the bios in the right folder with correct name.
I was able to play a couple of roms with uae4all emulator on my android tv box.
I only tried .adf files...could that be the reason why it's not working in retro player?

thanks
In the same boat, have you looked over your kodi log file?  When I select a game it downloads and just ends up back at the list.  Looking at my log, each download has something like:
06:36:20.189 T:10136   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Rename - Error renaming file V:\ROMS\Amiga\Loom.Disk1.adf

I'm running Windows 10.  I also have:
kick34005.A500
kick40063.A600
kick40068.A1200
WHDLoad.hdf

In my \Kodi\addons\game.libretro.uae\resources\system folder.
The Kickstart roms are all MD5 checked and the .hdf was modified to include kick34005.A500 and kick40068.A1200, per the instructions of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...wgV-YkXhM4

Maybe I missed a step.
Working for me if I launch the adf file (m3u currently doesn't work, known Kodi issue.  hdf currently crashes for me both in Kodi and in Retroarch). I have the following files in
xml:

...path_to_userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.uae/resources/system/

WHDLoad.hdf
kick40063.A600
kick40068.A1200
kick34005.A500

I'd make sure they match the md5 listed here (just do a google search for the md5) and the filenames are correct.

Yes, my Kickstarter files match the correct names and MD5 checks.  Your setup is working with IAGL and RetroPlay?
i was finally able to start an Amiga Rom but only with Retroarch. I placed the bios files in the system folder and i renamed them kick34005.A500  etc.. leaving out ".rom" extension.

Still unable to play Amiga Roms with Kodi-->Retroplayer.

Zack it seems to me you have a different path in your file system than mine. Is your kodi on a desktop or android device?

i have the game.libretro.uae under "C:\...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons"

On my android box tv i wasnt able to install the amiga emulator. It wasn't on the list and when i tried to donwload the zip and install it from github it failed to install it. 

Gosh it seems so hard to run amiga for some reasons..

Am I doing something wrong?
(2019-02-16, 21:39)jojjua Wrote: [ -> ]Am I doing something wrong?
 Yes. The path should be (for a standard installation, like yours):
C:\...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\game.libretro.uae\resources\system
while for a standalone installation should be
<path-to-kodi-directory>\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\game.libretro.uae\resources\system

Amiga hdf files work for me, both in Kodi and Retroarch (Windows). Remember to set P-UAE to A1200 mode, otherwise hdfs do not work.
(2019-02-17, 19:34)ghizzu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-16, 21:39)jojjua Wrote: [ -> ]Am I doing something wrong?
 Yes. The path should be (for a standard installation, like yours):
C:\...\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\game.libretro.uae\resources\system
while for a standalone installation should be
<path-to-kodi-directory>\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\game.libretro.uae\resources\system

Amiga hdf files work for me, both in Kodi and Retroarch (Windows). Remember to set P-UAE to A1200 mode, otherwise hdfs do not work.  
 Thanks.  I didn't have a userdata\addon\ folder for uae so I created the path and put my Kickstarter & hdf file in there.  I set the mode to 1200 but still no go for launching in IAGL.  What I'm getting in the log:
15:39:43.007 T:5792   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.iagl/game/Amiga_Full_ZachMorris/Loom
15:39:43.015 T:2304   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.iagl/game/Amiga_Full_ZachMorris/Loom) failed
15:39:47.371 T:13756  NOTICE: IAGL:  Gameclient for Retroplayer set to: game.libretro.uae
15:39:47.371 T:13756  NOTICE: IAGL:  Attempting to play the following file through Retroplayer: V:\ROMS\Amiga\Loom\Loom.m3u
Hello to you,
I know this post is old now.
But how did you create a folder into the emulator? I have several Kickstart roms but I don't know how to use them..
Anyhow have you got the Amiga emulator working..
Regards
Generally you add a folder source in the Games window, browse to the rom, and launch it with the Commodore - Amiga (PUAE) emulator. Or you can use the IAGL add-on and launch a rom that way, then choose PUAE.

If you attempt this and it doesn't work, please upload a debug log and I'll try to look into it. But without a debug log, there's not much I can do.