Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-09-13, 10:17)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-12, 09:54)bym007 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't know the device can't Goto sleep. Any particular reason why? 

N2 goes to sleep (it's called Suspend) just fine. Wakes from suspend with any command from IR remote or wifi keyboard/mouse.
Besides that you can configure what ports (Ethernet and USB) will be powered down or not during suspend/sleep. 

N2 also wakes from Suspend with HDMI-CEC.
I use my LG Magic Remote to control the N2.

Since both the Red and Blue LED turned off during Suspend, I use my HUB/Router light to see if it's still connected, thus in Suspend state.
But I think I'm gonna turn the ports off too.. How do you turn off the Ethernet and USB ports during Suspend?
(2019-09-13, 10:46)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-12, 09:48)mombasa123 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine runs at 55C and probably due to the very active Titan MOD screen. The heatsink is hot to the touch - not just warm. 

There are about a thousand N2 SBCs running CoreElec and you are first to report hot heatsink. 
My N2 can run Neflix at 1080p with subtitles, software decoded (which puts much load to the CPU) whole day and the heatsink is then only lukewarm. The CPU temp never goes over 45°C... 

It's due to the heavyweight Titan Skin which I stated in the CoreElec N2 forums. PS N2 temp is fine when playing video etc. Just gets hot when the skin is active which is reasonable. The post was more about why Suspend was not working.

In any case, suspend issue resolved. Due to having an EGreat audio/video splitter in between (dunno why but the Egreat is a bit problematic - time to switch to HDFury Integral). Posted the same in CE forum
(2019-09-13, 12:03)vlix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-13, 10:17)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-12, 09:54)bym007 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't know the device can't Goto sleep. Any particular reason why? 

N2 goes to sleep (it's called Suspend) just fine. Wakes from suspend with any command from IR remote or wifi keyboard/mouse.
Besides that you can configure what ports (Ethernet and USB) will be powered down or not during suspend/sleep.    

Since both the Red and Blue LED turned off during Suspend, I use my HUB/Router light to see if it's still connected, thus in Suspend state.
But I think I'm gonna turn the ports off too.. How do you turn off the Ethernet and USB ports during Suspend?   

For Ethernet port you have to edit your "config.ini" file (find it in root of uSD card) with any text editor. Set "Wake on Lan" option to 0 (wol=0).
You can also turn off blue LED flashing, if it annoys you, removing # character in front of "heartbeat" option and set heartbeat=0
How to turn off USB I don't know, never used it because I need USB power on all the time. Best ask in CoreElec forum if possible in CE as in Android
(2019-08-20, 05:15)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]It gets even smoother and snappier if you disable Kodi's Dirty Regions by using advancedsettings.xml

Kodi's Dirty Regions - ARM GPU Tech - improving Kodi rendering performance (click)

DR really is redundant on modern ARM GPU's that also have proper chipset cooling.

Then there is also the CPU Mhz Freq to tickle in config.ini file (remove the #):
Code:
max_freq_a73='2004'
max_freq_a53='1992'

W. 
Did the dirty regions change but when I try to change config.ini in /flash, it says read-only filesystem?
(2019-09-13, 17:26)mombasa123 Wrote: [ -> ]Did the dirty regions change but when I try to change config.ini in /flash, it says read-only filesystem? 

from ssh session:

Code:

mount -o remount,rw /flash
nano /flash/config.ini
(2019-09-13, 16:04)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-13, 12:03)vlix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-13, 10:17)Sholander Wrote: [ -> ]N2 goes to sleep (it's called Suspend) just fine. Wakes from suspend with any command from IR remote or wifi keyboard/mouse.

For Ethernet port you have to edit your "config.ini" file (find it in root of uSD card) with any text editor. Set "Wake on Lan" option to 0 (wol=0).
You can also turn off blue LED flashing, if it annoys you, removing # character in front of "heartbeat" option and set heartbeat=0
How to turn off USB I don't know, never used it because I need USB power on all the time. Best ask in CoreElec forum if possible in CE as in Android

Nice, will do, Thanks!

(2019-09-13, 17:26)mombasa123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-08-20, 05:15)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]It gets even smoother and snappier if you disable Kodi's Dirty Regions by using advancedsettings.xml

Kodi's Dirty Regions - ARM GPU Tech - improving Kodi rendering performance (click)

DR really is redundant on modern ARM GPU's that also have proper chipset cooling.

Then there is also the CPU Mhz Freq to tickle in config.ini file (remove the #):
Code:
max_freq_a73='2004'
max_freq_a53='1992'

W. 
Did the dirty regions change but when I try to change config.ini in /flash, it says read-only filesystem?

Maybe try this:

Make /flash writable:
Code:
mount -o rw,remount /flash
Then edit the config.ini with your preferred editor like vi or nano:
Code:
nano /flash/config.ini
After saving type:
Code:
sync && reboot

Source: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how-to-...-code/5282
(2019-09-13, 17:26)mombasa123 Wrote: [ -> ]when I try to change config.ini in /flash, it says read-only filesystem? 

Edit it simply on a PC machine...
Thanks chap, above works!
(2019-09-12, 09:48)mombasa123 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine runs at 55C and probably due to the very active Titan MOD screen. The heatsink is hot to the touch - not just warm. 

There are about a thousand N2 SBCs running CoreElec and you are first to report hot heatsink. 
My N2 can run Neflix at 1080p with subtitles, software decoded (which puts much load to the CPU) whole day and the heatsink is then only lukewarm. The CPU temp never goes over 45°C... 

The current temperature also depends on the external environment temperature. In the hot days, is normal that N2 reach high temperatures.
(2019-09-15, 14:47)joeld Wrote: [ -> ]

The current temperature also depends on the external environment temperature. In the hot days, is normal that N2 reach high temperatures. 
Just for fun, I switched to the Estuary screen and left Kodi at the Home Screen doing nothing. CPU temp rose to 50C - but it is rather hot here in HK ….. even with aircon.
Hi all, I'm really interested in buying the N2 but I absolutely need Dolby Vision. In the first page it's written that it can possibly support Dolby Vision, can someone clarify on that?
Also, my goal is to play directly, without transcoding, HDR10 Bluray Remux and DV Remux in mp4. Will that be possible?

Thanks
(2019-09-19, 03:29)Miele Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I'm really interested in buying the N2 but I absolutely need Dolby Vision. In the first page it's written that it can possibly support Dolby Vision, can someone clarify on that?
Also, my goal is to play directly, without transcoding, HDR10 Bluray Remux

Yes that will work for HDR10

Quote:and DV Remux in mp4. Will that be possible?

Thanks

No there is no software that can playback dual layer DV rips directly on any media player device.

See the HDR10 sticky thread at the top of the forum for details about experimental DV work with Infuse and MrMC Apps on the Apple TV 4K. Follow the links to the various external forums.
(2019-09-19, 03:54)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that will work for HDR10

Sorry I meant directly from NAS, will this still be possibile?

Quote:
No there is no software that can playback dual layer DV rips directly on any media player device.

See the HDR10 sticky thread at the top of the forum for details about experimental DV work with Infuse and MrMC Apps on the Apple TV 4K. Follow the links to the various external forums.

What about single layer DV rips?

I made a bunch with DVDFab and they play correctly on the internal player of my Panasonic GZ950 oled which unfortunately doesn't displays subtitles. For the Apple TV 4K, I actually decided to buy it but then I saw on this forum that for HDR10 it doesn't output correct MaxFALL and MaxCLL using Infuse or MrMc, while DV single layer rips do seem to work fine.
Would the Odroid be capable of scrolling through uncompressed 4K fanart without hiccups? Is it completely smooth?
Already got my answer !!