Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Many instances of "WARNING: Process directory does not exist" in kodi.log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings.  I was recently reviewing my KODI 17.6 kodi.log files, and have found multiple instances of "WARNING: Process directory does not exist".  This is not indicating a problem, as I have deleted the folders since shows were cancelled/ended.  Shouldn't a Cleanup of the database remove these entries from the database, and cause the application to no longer scan for them?  I am seeing entries for folders for TV Shows that were deleted 2 years ago.
Are you using a MySQL database?

Also be aware, that Kodi 17.6 is outdated because we have released Kodi 18 already. So I would recommend to give Kodi 18 a shot and maybe the problems are already solved then

If you don't want to upgrade, then I would suggest to take a look at the database directly to verify the entries are still there or not.
(2019-02-15, 17:22)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a MySQL database?
No.  This is the internal KODI database.
(2019-02-15, 17:22)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]Also be aware, that Kodi 17.6 is outdated because we have released Kodi 18 already. So I would recommend to give Kodi 18 a shot and maybe the problems are already solved then
I am aware that version 18 is available.  I am currently waiting for the HDHomeRun app to be fixed, as it currently has some issues in version 18.
(2019-02-15, 17:22)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't want to upgrade, then I would suggest to take a look at the database directly to verify the entries are still there or not.
How do I review the database entries?
For some reason, unless you delete the media file from the database before you delete the file and clean the library, this issue happens. I had the same issue. This is apparently a limitation of Kodi, but I have no idea why. The add-on Database Pre-Wash Scrub, however, will fix this issue.

Note that this issue causes no adverse effects other than these log entries though. Although perhaps it makes scanning the library ever-so-slightly slower by searching for these orphaned paths. If there were a lot of them, it might become noticeable.

To prevent the issue from happening in the future, always remove the media file from the database first, before running a clean library command after you have deleted the file.
(2019-02-16, 11:41)desepticon Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, unless you delete the media file from the database before you delete the file and clean the library, this issue happens. I had the same issue. This is apparently a limitation of Kodi, but I have no idea why. The add-on Database Pre-Wash Scrub, however, will fix this issue.
 Awesome.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll check it out.