Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: W10 K18.1 can't timeshift active recording. solution:( update TVServerKodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I just went to Kodi 18 (18.1).

On Kodi 17.6 when I watched a recording in progress I could seek 5, 10, 20min when I was at the end of the timeline, until it reached the same level as the live stream.

With kodi 18 I can not do that anymore, if I am at the end of the timeline and I press on the right to seek there is no more time added to the timeline.
Could you restore this function please?

Edit1: I noticed that on any videos on kodi 18, I can not added more time with "seek" if the video is 40min I can no longer seek to add 2h of time. What seems to be a good thing because it seems to me that if we exceeded too much the timeline in kodi 17.6 the video was considered as unwatched.
But this "function" seems to me useful for an inprogess recording to be able to go until the live.

Edit2: I do not know if what I said was very clear. So I made 2 videos to show my words:
KODI 18.1
Here the video recording is 12:09 I let the video advance 2min, I can not add 2min at the end.
KODI 17.6
Here the video recording is done 20:12 I let the video forward 2min, I can add 2min at the end.

(the quality of the image has nothing to do with kodi or the pvr, a construction site disturbed the signal.)
You need to post this in the sub-forum dedicated to the addon you actually use.

Martin
@emveepee I posted this here because I do not think it comes from the MediaPortal addon, but I may be wrong.
I think this because in kodi 17.6 if I added the "recorded tv" folder as a file source, then I started playing the recording in progress, with the .ts file. I could do what I say in the first message, whatever the addon pvr used.
I hesitated to put it in video support.
edit: I put this post in the first post.
I have a similar issus on the Vbox tv gateway Device but only with Live Tv. Recordings are fine.

I don't get any time-shifting at all in live TV anymore.
I can pause but rewind and skip forward don,t work.  
If i install kodi 17.6 it works fine again but on any version of 18 (have used many many nightly's) i don,t get any rewind or skip forward.

And if you look at the play bar on 17 they are revers and forward arrows indicating that rewind and fast forward is available but in 18 you dont.

If anyone needs any logs ext let me know.

Have also posted this in the add on section.

Cheers All
@dhallam I do not think it's the same thing. But you say that the recordings are good for you? You can add time with seek in a recording in kodi 18 (in a nightly maybe) as I show in the video of kodi 17.6?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gh8foU...N4OlGHjZ-v

For your problem I think it comes from the pvr addon you used.
And of your skin, which does not display the reverse and forward arrows.
In any case I'm on kodi 18.1 with the skin titan-mod and I can reverse and forward on the live and the reverse and forward arrows are displayed.
Hi I’m assuming your right it’s the pvr addon which is why I’ve posted in the vbox section already. I’m not using any them apart from the default estuary skin.
I do get forward and back in recordings just not the live tv.
We have also got a vbox unit at work and are running the latest Kodi 17 and it fine.
But at home have to run Kodi 18 and I run nvidia shields, and they no longer work with Kodi 17 :-(
@dhallam I can also forward and back in recordings, which I can not do is shown in the videos I posted above.
I do not have nvidia shields, I can not help you sorry.
Timeshift works perfectly here with TVheadend so the problem must be with your PVR addon.
@Leatherface This is not the timeshift, which also works for me in the MediaPortal addon.
The function I tried to explain is not a function of the PVR addon, but videos in general. I showed it in the videos in my first post.

On any video, can you add more time than it does with seek (right arrow on the keyboard), on kodi 18.1? As I do in the video kodi 17.6 at 2:25 .
In-progress recordings are tricky for PVR addons but as I wrote above it is a problem for your addon.   If you have a second problem with Video library playback of in-progress files that is a different issue and not 100% related to PVR functionality.

Martin
@emveepee I know that the PVR addon provided the recordings. I tested directly with the video without going through the addon PVR the function is not there anyway. This function is only useful for going live on a recording, I think. That's why I put it here.
I added some indication to my first post. If you can do what I'm doing on KODI 17.6 with your KODI 18.1 and your pvr addon, then my KODI 18.1 is broken or the addon needs an update actually.
I would like to know if this function has disappeared or has been removed, before requesting a request for example
I don't know your skin so I can't compare or understand what you want me to compare but here is pvr.nextpvr with an in-progress recording https://youtu.be/5DB2TR2y4h8 it keeps on going without having to do anything although if I get too close to the end of the file there are artifacts so I do have to rewind a little.  I find I need just over 20 seconds gap.

I do get part of what your are saying in v17 I did have to trick Kodi by seeking to reculated the end of file, or it would stop playback but I don't have to do that any longer.

Martin
@emveepee Thank you for taking the time to do this. But you should have let the video advance before navigating the timeline.
I can not really see if you could add the time you've been waiting for.

I made a video with KODI 18.1 Estuary
On the video I wait 2min, I will be able to add these 2min at the end of the video but it does not add. Maybe the addons have to add this function in addition, I don't know?
If you try to seek past the end of file that can cause a stop, is that what you mean?

Martin
Pages: 1 2