Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Astrometa DVB-T2 SONY cxd2837er not listed in TV Adapters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI,

Astrometa DVB-T2 problem: TVH only shows frontend0 DVB-T Realtek demodulator, but not showing frondtend1 SONY cxd2837er DVB-T2 demodulator.
I used Kaffeine and there I can use frondtend1. TVH has problem.
What could be the reason? Why TVH can't recognized SONY cxd2837er DVB-T2 demodulator on frondtend1? (refer to screenshot#1)

(2019-02-19, 08:14)giorgijag Wrote: [ -> ]HI,

Astrometa DVB-T2 problem: TVH only shows frontend0 DVB-T Realtek demodulator, but not showing frondtend1 SONY cxd2837er DVB-T2 demodulator.
I used Kaffeine and there I can use frondtend1. TVH has problem.
What could be the reason? Why TVH can't recognized SONY cxd2837er DVB-T2 demodulator on frondtend1? (refer to screenshot#1)

Hi,

You are best off asking this question on the boards at http://www.tvheadend.org. This forum is primarily concerned with the Kodi TVH addon, not the main TVH server software.

Are you running a Linux kernel with support for the T2 demod?  Wasn't that added relatively recently - so you'll need a recent kernel?
(2019-02-20, 01:09)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]Are you running a Linux kernel with support for the T2 demod?  Wasn't that added relatively recently - so you'll need a recent kernel?
 Hi,

I'm running ubuntu 18, with 5.0 (beta) Kernel.  On hardware level system recognizes USB stick with 2 frontends: frontend0 for DVB-T and frontend1 for DVB-T2. 

To test it, I used kaffeine software and DVB-T2 is working and showing channels. 

Problem is that TVH can't recognize frontend1 DVB-T2 adapter. Only recognizes DVB-T.

Ps. How can I check if Im running T2 mod kernel to confirm? any terminal command to check?
(2019-02-20, 09:39)giorgijag Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-20, 01:09)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]Are you running a Linux kernel with support for the T2 demod?  Wasn't that added relatively recently - so you'll need a recent kernel?
 Hi,

I'm running ubuntu 18, with 5.0 (beta) Kernel.  On hardware level system recognizes USB stick with 2 frontends: frontend0 for DVB-T and frontend1 for DVB-T2. 

To test it, I used kaffeine software and DVB-T2 is working and showing channels. 

Problem is that TVH can't recognize frontend1 DVB-T2 adapter. Only recognizes DVB-T.

Ps. How can I check if Im running T2 mod kernel to confirm? any terminal command to check? 

Hmm - if you can tune DVB-T2 services in other Linux apps on the same install then something else is amiss.

I don't have an Astrometa - but do have a bunch of other DVB-T2 sticks.  None of them appear as a separate DVB-T and DVB-T2 devices in TV Headend - they appear as combined DVB-T/T2 device (sometimes with a separate option for DVB-C in the same device). This may be because they are based on a single tuner/demod solution (AIUI the Astrometa has a DVB-T tuner/demod device with a separate, Panasonic, DVB-T2 demod added - though that may be an older version?)

I'd ask around on the TV Headend forum for some more assistance. 

Stupid question - but have you tried tuning DVB-T2 services using the single instance that appears in TV Headend?
(2019-02-20, 12:11)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-20, 09:39)giorgijag Wrote: [ -> ]
 Hi,

Hmm - if you can tune DVB-T2 services in other Linux apps on the same install then something else is amiss.

I don't have an Astrometa - but do have a bunch of other DVB-T2 sticks.  None of them appear as a separate DVB-T and DVB-T2 devices in TV Headend - they appear as combined DVB-T/T2 device (sometimes with a separate option for DVB-C in the same device). This may be because they are based on a single tuner/demod solution (AIUI the Astrometa has a DVB-T tuner/demod device with a separate, Panasonic, DVB-T2 demod added - though that may be an older version?)

I'd ask around on the TV Headend forum for some more assistance. 

Stupid question - but have you tried tuning DVB-T2 services using the single instance that appears in TV Headend? 
Dear Noggin,

Yes I tried, and MUX scanning is failed.
SOLVED:   upgraded to Kernel 5 and now is working