Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues with live TV Timeshift kodi 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have also posted this here as looks like the same sort of issue = https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=340906

I don't get any time-shifting at all in live TV anymore.
I can pause but rewind and skip forward don,t work.  
If i install kodi 17.6 it works fine again but on any version of 18 (have used many many nightly's) i don,t get any rewind or skip forward.

And if you look at the play bar on 17 they are reverse and forward arrows indicating that rewind and fast forward is available but in 18 you dont.

If anyone needs any logs ext let me know.

Have also posted this in the add on section.

Cheers All
I have also have the same issue with Kodi V 18. Timeshift does not work with Forward and backward winding.
Having exactly the same issue as OP, can pause but no fast forward or rewind functionality
No one with an solution for this issue?
It is disappointing that requests for help go unanswered.  I know some developer arel volunteers and find it hard to devote time to answering all questions but it would be nice if some comment is issued from the developers or super-users to let us know it has been noted and will be looked at.

This is an issue.  I do not use the mouse but my keyboard to control Kodi but the same issue occurs.  In a recorded programme I can go up until I select the timeline and then left and right arrows allow me to go forward and back in the programme.  it is not perfect, flaky at times and (I suspect) dependent on the amount of the recording buffered but it does sometimes work fine.  However, on live TV I can not access and highlight the timeline for the left and right buttons to work.  even on a time shifted programme that I have paused (which is effectively a recording) the controls do not work.

Said my bit.  It's a great and free programme and I like it a lot but sometimes it can be frustrating.

Geoff.
Trying to fix this here: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vbox/issues/216

@GeoffatMM it's great and free but is all maintained by a small team of volunteers, sorry you have a bad user experience but there is only so much we can do in the spare time that we have. The fix will be for live TV, recordings would be another matter, assuming I can get a VBox running I can try and look at that too down the line.
I appreciate your response and actually that was all I was asking for. It is a good program and I understand how difficult it is to find time to maintain it through volunteers. However, in this day and age it is not difficult to at least let the people having problems know that their message has been seen and being dealt with.

Thanks again do doing so.

Geoff
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vbox/issues/216

Looks like its sorted now just got to test on latest Matrix tonight but many thanks to phunkyfish for sorting this for us.... Ill buy you a pint :-)
And I managed to fix the recordings too.