Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Channel numbering in Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I have upgraded to the latest version of Kodi (Leia) I have noticed that the channel numbering in between Groups doesn't start with channel number 1, were it did at least in version 17.6.

Is there a specific setting that I haven't found so far?

My Settings / PVR & Live TV:
  1. Preselect playing channel in lists --> off
  2. Synchronise channel groups with backend(s) --> off
  3. Use the channel order from the backend(s) --> off
  4. Use channel numbers form backend --> off
I have experimented with setting 2 & 3 without result.

Anyone an idea?

Regards,
This is intended change in behavior. Channel numbers are now 1:1. A channel has exactly one number, regardless in which channel group (s) it resides. Kodi now behaves like most if not all STB/TV out there. This makes it for instance possible to switch to a channel not even in the currently active group by just entering it's number.

BTW: What's the functional benefit in having different channel numbers for the same channel in different groups? I cannot see any.
(2019-02-20, 18:40)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]This is intended change in behavior. Channel numbers are now 1:1. A channel has exactly one number, regardless in which channel group (s) it resides. Kodi now behaves like most if not all STB/TV out there. This makes it for instance possible to switch to a channel not even in the currently active group by just entering it's number.

BTW: What's the functional benefit in having different channel numbers for the same channel in different groups? I cannot see any.
 In my opinion a radiobutton could do the trick, it's a users choice I would suggest.
(2019-03-11, 12:21)unitv Wrote: [ -> ] In my opinion a radiobutton could do the trick, it's a users choice I would suggest. 
Maybe it's just me, but I have no clue what you mean.  Do what trickHuh