Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No visualization plugins at all for Leia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've got a dumb question about visualization plugins on Leia:

I cannot select any in the options menu, and reading through articles on how to install some, I realize that I cannot even see the "Visualization" plugin category.

So are audio visualization plugins entirely gone on v18 then?  Huh
Install the Visualisations through here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Music#Playback section 2.3
(2019-02-22, 20:41)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Install the Visualisations through here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Music#Playback section 2.3
 I'm sorry I don't get it... The page you are referring to only describes where to choose from the currently installed visualizations.

It is currently set to "None" and if I select the entry the list to choose from is empty.
You need to install them from the addon repo.
(2019-02-23, 11:36)lynix47 Wrote: [ -> ]It is currently set to "None" and if I select the entry the list to choose from is empty.
And you don't have a Get More button?
(2019-02-23, 11:51)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]You need to install them from the addon repo.
 I know but I don't have the "Visualization" category of addons. There's Music, Video and so on but no Visualizations.
Quote:And you don't have a Get More button?
No there isn't  Sad

I'll take screenshots to show you...
You should have as shown in the images. If you don't then maybe you are not connected to the internet.

So that's interesting. Here's how the selection dialog looks for me:

(Sorry for the crappy quality... I don't have a keyboard attached and didn't figure out quickly how to take framebuffer grabs)
And here's the category view of the addon repository:

No one has asked about what platform is being used. What is it?
I have a memory that on some platforms the viz have to come precompiled  and be installed with Kodi. But I could be talking bollocks, not my area of knowledge.  Someone that knows what they are talking about wade in here please.
I'm running on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ on Arch Linux ARM. Didn't know the platform could matter, sorry.
No problem.
Viz are also often platform or OS specific - they often use low level graphic capabilities etc. - so it could be there are not yet any Leia viz for  Arch Linux ARM. I don't know but I will ask the guys that create these pretty things
Ah Linux then that accounts for it, Visualisations should be supplied by the distro package manager you get the main Kodi package from.
Ah thanks, that was helpful!  Smile

I'll port the RPi2 package (kodi-rbp-addon-visualization-spectrum) over to RPi3, should only be a matter of slightly changed CFLAGS to take advantage of the architectural differences.
(2019-02-24, 18:01)lynix47 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah thanks, that was helpful!  Smile

I'll port the RPi2 package (kodi-rbp-addon-visualization-spectrum) over to RPi3, should only be a matter of slightly changed CFLAGS to take advantage of the architectural differences.
I could not believe so less people use kodi with a TV to listen music with visuals, could you explain how I could use the visualization? I use raspian...
Pages: 1 2