Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Display Image EXIF Plot/Comment/Description Field instead of Resolution OR ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BLUF: View Picture Images, with the simultanious display of ONE field of information from the EXIF information for that image.

That field is sometimes referred to as "plot/comment/description/other". With Pix Thumbnail view selected for "Pictures", 
the EXIF "Resolution" field is displayed, on screen with the thumbnail.  Can the EXIF "displayed" field be manipulated?  Meaning, is that field
buried in some XML or Skin file, that can be edited?  Attached is a close description of what I would like or settle for.  Another thought I
had was, a scrolling-horizontal text feed, displaying comments, much like an RSS feed, or a mouseover button that could display the information.
I have reviewed lot's of tips, and will share those URL's if permitted, but it appears, I either don't understand how to display the picture information ( without pressing the 
"i" or "c" on keyboard).  Is this a possible limitation of the skin? (Xonfluence).  I'm using K17.6  I have thought about trying to use Flickr 
(which I do not know much about), or hope there is a resolution I have missed.  

My EXIF settings are set IAW https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Pictures#File_lists
Came across this thread today.  It has been a while since I looked at pictures, but I think what you are looking at is the "pictureinfo" dialog which is skinned in DialogPictureInfo.xml.  The xml provides a container (typically a list) id="5" and the content is supplied by Kodi.  I guess what Kodi provides is for each supported EXIF data is a listitem.label and listitem.label2.

Alternatively in the picture window I don't do Xonfluence, but it should provide a specific "view" that is for thumbnails (probably a panel container) and you should be able to add to the <focusedlayout> definition a label for ListItem.PictureCaption or ListItem.PictureComment for example (see https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/modules__...s_ListItem for all the ListItem.Picture* data available).  I'm assuming it works inside a list, if not you could show it anywhere else on the window as a label.

scott s.