Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dolby Audio only is out of sync with 'Adjust display refresh rate'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm having issues with Dolby Audio only being out of sync if I turn on 'Adjust display refresh rate'.
All other audio formats works great and are synced up to the video, but with dolby audio, if the setting is set to Always or on Start/Stop the audio is out of sync.

Any ideas on this...

I don't want to use another app like MrMC. I like Kodi and want the functionality it provides.

FYI, my setup it as follows:

Shield TV -> HDMI -> OLED55C7P -> Optical -> Onkyo TX-SR606

Both the TV and received can support all formats. And the issue only happens when the combination of dolby audio is ON and 'Adjust display refresh rate' is either Always or Start/Stop.

Thanks in advance!
OK, now I'm second guessing myself. I determined all this after deleting all app data and only testing the difference between adjusting the refresh rate being on and off. But now that I have all my settings setup, it seems to be out of sync regardless on Dolby audio only!
All other stuff works great, including 4K HDR with DTS-HD pass through.
OK... some more info.

When I change the shield setting 'Surround Sound' to Off, then the audio is good... however, there it all comes out of the center channel...
OK... looks like it's working. I'm leaving this post here sinc ethis was super frustrating and this could help someone.

If the setting in the Shield for Surround Sound is ever changed, the shield should be rebooted. After setting it back to 'Always' I rebooted and the audio is in sync.