Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 and 18.1 Trying to play Trailers Crashes Kodi 18 and 18.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue with the new Kodi. When I try to play any trailers from any video it crashes Kodi version 18. I reinstalled version 17.6 there is no problems and the trailer plays but on the new Kodi 18 it crashes Kodi. Are the Developers aware of this issue or is there a fix for this problem ?
Did you tried cleaning your userdata folder after reinstalling?
Are you watching trailers from addon ?
Why didn't you include any logs ?
Can I post Kodi log error here on my post ? I thought they don't want you to post log errors here. But I will. But yes I did cleaned User data file and its the Video Addon's  watch Trailer but it happens to all Video Addon's not just one. I believe the trailers are tied to YouTube so it's something to do with YouTube and 18 what I believe... And I assume this is not happening to you ?
No, do not post logs in the forum.

Follow this guide... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2665079
Ok thanks
(2019-02-27, 16:34)Ojib Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue with the new Kodi. When I try to play any trailers from any video it crashes Kodi version 18. I reinstalled version 17.6 there is no problems and the trailer plays but on the new Kodi 18 it crashes Kodi. Are the Developers aware of this issue or is there a fix for this problem ?
I too have been experiencing the crashing when trying to run a trailer in Kodi 18.1. This is what finally worked for me. I noticed that my YouTube add on needed to be updated so I took a chance and updated it. I then checked a trailer in Yoda and I started to receive a check the log error. Which was better than crashing. So I then decided to check YouTube directly to see if a video would play from previous searches and it did. So I went back to Yoda and attempted to watch a trailer and it worked and has been working ever since.  If by chance you already have the latest YouTube add-on installed rollback one and then reinstall the latest one and see if you can play video within it and then try playing a trailer through whichever movie add-on you choose to use. Good luck.
(2019-03-28, 00:00)Kim027 Wrote: [ -> ]I then checked a trailer in Yoda
Please don't mention or discuss problems with banned addons (wiki) here.
Your stay here might be severely shortened if you continue to do so.