Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Odd issue using SMB source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a frustrating problem using an SMB source.

I have a Windows computer acting as my media server. I have two network shares, both with the exact same NTFS permissions and the exact same sharing permissions. I am using one local administrator account to authenticate to both of the network shares in the source configuration inside Kodi. One of the sources scans content and plays fine. On the other, I can see the files when browsing in Video -> Files -> source, but when attempting to scan the content or play anything, it doesn't work. The debug log says permission denied, but I have other devices using the same credentials that work without any problems. I even attempted creating a new administrator account and using it in the source configuration, but it still doesn't work only on that one source. I have unshared/reshared the folder. I have removed and re-added the source multiple times ensuring the username and password are correct, and I cannot for the life of me get it to work with only one of the two sources.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind. I made a backup of the userdata on a working device and restored it to the non-working one. Seems to be working now.
Thread marked solved.