Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Anything after 17.4 doesn't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I have a Wemax One UST and with the help of @spocky12 over on XDA I have installed Android TV 6.0.1 and Kodi 17.4.

I have tried installing 17.6 onwards but they all close just after the Kripton/Leia splash screen.

Just wondering if it should be possible to install the latest version of Kodi?

Happy to supply logs etc.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Here it is (chrome doesn't handle the hastebin very well)

uxixadireh.kodi (paste)

I've got 4 warnings about CSettingsManager but haven't a clue...

Any pointers, as I said before 17.4 works fine, but 17.6 and on wards all crash after the splash screen.
Update couldn't find Edit.

I've cleared cache and data, but had to re-start Kodi to create the file structure to drop the advanced setting.xml file in. Now I only get one warning, which is the same as the last one in the log; csettingsManager: missing version attribute.
So...

Does anyone know what the Warning: csettingsManager: missing version attribute, means and how I can fix it?
Ok so I have been trying some of the other builds around here:

//ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/test-builds/android/arm/

Searched for Amlogic and tried both of them, one is a 17.6 build which works great, but was really hoping to get a working Leia version.

So I was advised to try here:

mirrors.kodi.tv/snapshots/android/arm/

The alpha 2, which is a leia build works well, the only problem that the volume does not work. The volume graphic comes up on the screen but the actual volume does not change. Is there a fix for this or is it because of the Amlogic drivers? (there is a work around to adjust the volume amplification while a movie is playing)

Should I just stick with the 17.6 build?
SPocky over on XDA had a quick look into this:

After some research, and as usual with Amlogic devices, it's changes to audio sink that cause Kodi not to work anymore.
Concerning v18, specifically this commit breaks compatibility with our device. So most Leia versions before July 12th 2018 work, latest one being this one. Unfortunately, even on working versions, the volume is really low (requiring amplification that seems to worsen the sound quality (at least on my yamaha rxv773 : on 7.1 channels, voices quality suffers a lot).
Concerning v17, it's the addition of the "VerifySinkConfiguration()" function that breaks compatibility. So latest working Krypton version should be the one from October 4th 2017.
Unfortunately, have have no system setup for Kodi custom build compilation (and no time to make one), so I won't be able to experiment.

Is this something that can be modified to work with my device or is it down to the AMlogic Drivers again?
(2019-06-05, 10:31)stevevalo Wrote: [ -> ]SPocky over on XDA had a quick look into this:

After some research, and as usual with Amlogic devices, it's changes to audio sink that cause Kodi not to work anymore.
Concerning v18, specifically this commit breaks compatibility with our device. So most Leia versions before July 12th 2018 work, latest one being this one. Unfortunately, even on working versions, the volume is really low (requiring amplification that seems to worsen the sound quality (at least on my yamaha rxv773 : on 7.1 channels, voices quality suffers a lot).
Concerning v17, it's the addition of the "VerifySinkConfiguration()" function that breaks compatibility. So latest working Krypton version should be the one from October 4th 2017.
Unfortunately, have have no system setup for Kodi custom build compilation (and no time to make one), so I won't be able to experiment.

Is this something that can be modified to work with my device or is it down to the AMlogic Drivers again?

Hello
I have same problem on xiaomi wemax A300  laser 4k projector with androidtv 6.0.1
I have the /data/log just after: 
-installing kodi latest 18.x from google play
-starting 2 times kodi which  pops out and window disappear

Please find the log here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/doyetohilu.kodi

I have also been able to install and run the leia version before Jul 12 2018 as mentioned in this thread 

Many thanks !
(2019-12-07, 13:55)regisl Wrote: [ -> ]I have same problem on xiaomi wemax A300  laser 4k projector with androidtv 6.0.1
Putting your own Kodi problem into an older thread that may look identical isn't always the best option. Your Kodi problem may have different causes.
And a 4K projector with only Android 6? That must be one of the earliest 4K Android devices.

(2019-12-07, 13:55)regisl Wrote: [ -> ]Please find the log here:
I'm not sure what log you posted, but it is not a Kodi log file.
Read through the instructions for a debug log (wiki), and have another try.
(2019-12-07, 14:18)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-07, 13:55)regisl Wrote: [ -> ]I have same problem on xiaomi wemax A300  laser 4k projector with androidtv 6.0.1
Putting your own Kodi problem into an older thread that may look identical isn't always the best option. Your Kodi problem may have different causes.
And a 4K projector with only Android 6? That must be one of the earliest 4K Android devices.
Hello
Sorry. I will add log file when i start kodi just after
FYI:
My projector is a xiaomi Wemax A300 (very new) running MIUI TV OS based on AndroidTV 6.0.1 (not the latest unfortunately..) import from hong-kong gearbest: 
https://fr.gearbest.com/projectors/pp_30...35170.html,   processor is Quad Core Amlogic T968 ARM Cortex-A53 , GPU ARM MALI-T830mp2 with 2 Go de RAM, 64 Go Storage, Dual Band WiFi  Bluetooth 4.1.
(2019-12-07, 15:04)regisl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-07, 14:18)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
Hello
Sorry. I will add log file when i start kodi just after
FYI:
My projector is a xiaomi Wemax A300 (very new) running MIUI TV OS based on AndroidTV 6.0.1 (not the latest unfortunately..) import from hong-kong gearbest: 
https://fr.gearbest.com/projectors/pp_30...35170.html,   processor is Quad Core Amlogic T968 ARM Cortex-A53 , GPU ARM MALI-T830mp2 with 2 Go de RAM, 64 Go Storage, Dual Band WiFi  Bluetooth 4.1. 
So here is the log from kodi.log with  advancedsettings.xml set to 3:

https://paste.kodi.tv/oyibanakan.kodi
Can you send it back?
If you can't: plug in a headphone.
(2019-12-07, 16:32)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Can you send it back?

Hello sorry i don't understand your question
What shall I send back ? The log link is in my previous post
(2019-12-07, 20:47)regisl Wrote: [ -> ]Hello sorry i don't understand your question

I think fritsch was referring to the projector. When did you purchase it?
Pages: 1 2 3