Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video stretched on Phillips TV after update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
The best way to workaround broken firmware is patching the native player instead of fixing the root cause ... that logic makes no sense.
(2019-04-06, 17:10)Stile35 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-06, 15:40)Jerem Wrote: [ -> ]Got the same problem on a 55PUS7503 even with the new firmware .230. However, if I watch a movie with Philips native app it works fine.
So, with .230 in Kodi it is wrong aspect ratio but with native player it is fixed?
I am not sure was it correct on Philips native player also on previous .222 FW.
Now it seems like Kodi should fix something because I doubt that Philips will release new FW if native player is working correctly. 

Sorry to reply so late.
With the previous firmware Philips broke the NTFS support for Kodi, VLC etc. so I was only using the native player which worked fine except that you couldn't watch big 4K Remux files (stutter). They fixed the NTFS in the .230 but now it's the aspect ratio problem. So yes it always worked fine with the native player. I'm not even sure they noticed the aspect ratio is broken.
Is there any resolution to this a few months on?
I just took delivery of my new Philips 49PUS7803/12, which I got to run Kodi at a good price (as it's last year's model) but videos are stretched.
I'm on the latest firmware and on the latest Kodi.

This post is from earlier this year so I'm hoping there's a solution now.

Plex works fine, but I prefer Kodi.
(2019-09-08, 18:48)mmace Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any resolution to this a few months on?
I just took delivery of my new Philips 49PUS7803/12, which I got to run Kodi at a good price (as it's last year's model) but videos are stretched.

No solution till today. Philips didn't fix it in the newest firmware TPM171E_107.1.38.0. I am not hoping it will be ever fixed...
I have a brand new Oled804 with Android 9 and still have the same problem.
Where is this bug located since the native player can handle AR correctly?
(2019-09-08, 18:48)mmace Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any resolution to this a few months on?

Nope. I had a long discussion with their support team, but in the end they said they moved the video sizing to the apps in the update and that it's their job to fix it. That's obviously total bullshit since all apps I tried had the same problem, but they refuse to admit it's their fault. They're not gonna fix it

Never buying a Phillips TV again and that's what I'll tell anyone that asks me for help choosing one.
Same thing here in 70pus7304 (android 9, kodi 18.4) - since above comments suggest that now it's up to application to set the aspect ratio, is this something that Kodi team could feature in for Philips TVs?
What do you guys use as a workaround? Putting each movie to 16:9 with the z button? Or use Minimize Black Bars? Or disable hardware encoding. Or another workaround?

What is the best workaround and what is the worst?
(2019-09-28, 21:51)R2d3 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the best workaround
The workaround that works best for you.
And then save that setting for all videos.
(2019-09-28, 22:15)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-28, 21:51)R2d3 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the best workaround
The workaround that works best for you.
And then save that setting for all videos.

Not sure whichone to use :-), thats why i a m asking. Tonight i used disable hardware, but i read thar with big files this does not work. Pressing z looks to have the same result.
Another one here with the same problem on a 58PUS7304, it's so annoying. I tried uninstalling Kodi and installing it again. I don't know if it has something to do with Kodi or with the TV itself. It'd be great for the Kodi devs to have a look at it Smile
-> bug of the vendor, they don't care to fix it. Return the TV if you can. See: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2887011
(2019-10-05, 21:27)iHomer Wrote: [ -> ]Another one here with the same problem on a 58PUS7304, it's so annoying. I tried uninstalling Kodi and installing it again. I don't know if it has something to do with Kodi or with the TV itself. It'd be great for the Kodi devs to have a look at it Smile
2019 model. Try to return it and get a Sony TV instead if you want an Android TV.
(2019-10-05, 23:16)Tobby Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-05, 21:27)iHomer Wrote: [ -> ]Another one here with the same problem on a 58PUS7304, it's so annoying. I tried uninstalling Kodi and installing it again. I don't know if it has something to do with Kodi or with the TV itself. It'd be great for the Kodi devs to have a look at it Smile
2019 model. Try to return it and get a Sony TV instead if you want an Android TV. 
I like my tv ;-) so no thanks.
Strange thing is that is sometimes when I start a movie it's the correct size. 
But if I resume to movie the next day it's incorrect. I use the Z button workaround now.
(2019-10-05, 23:16)Tobby Wrote: [ -> ]2019 model. Try to return it and get a Sony TV instead if you want an Android TV.
not really a solution is it? Philips is cheaper and has ambilight, plus returning it will not make Philips do anything, they won't even know the reason people return their TVs to the stores.
I've had to move to Plex as that works just fine with all my files, but it's not the solution I wanted.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11