Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rebuilding the image cache lasts 1, 2 hours?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rebuilding the image cache
lasts 1, 2 hours or so with me, even if one only has added / scraped for a single movie.

Is there a method to shorten it, without impacting the display of the images?
if you just add one movie, the cache should be built automatically - there is no need to rebuild the whole cache!
as the action indicates - it rebuilds everything! processing/scaling several thousands of images depending on the size of your library
just tested this in v3 - if the image cache has been built up once, update data sources is fast since there is nothing to do...
Quote:if you just add one movie, the cache should be built automatically - there is no need to rebuild the whole cache!
Sorry, I am not quite sure to understand, I do not initiate a rebuild, TMM does it automatically after movies have been added and / or scraped or am I missing anything?

Quote: as the action indicates - it rebuilds everything! processing/scaling several thousands of images depending on the size of your library
Yes, obviously, so how could I make TMM to not to do this?

Quote: just tested this in v3 - if the image cache has been built up once, update data sources is fast since there is nothing to do...
Sorry, I do not have TMM 3 but 2xx, the latest stable one, so what does that help for my version? Or is there a stable 3?