Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-06-15, 13:25)E net Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-15, 10:25)jouster Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a quick search and couldn't find anything that looks similar to my issue

I've been using Kodi since XBMP days and think it is the best possible option for my own needs.... I use it with the MySQL database to give whole home access and synced libraries and watch status and everything works as I like it.

I had been holding back on updating to Leia as I had read that not all add-ons were working and as Krypton was still working finer for me  I wasn't in a hurry to update.  That said I eventually buckled after seeing how good MQ8 was looking for Leia and did clean installs of Leia on three of my machines (All Windows build)   Once I'd changed all of my advanced settings and brought in the MySQL library, everything seemed to be back to normal and I'm loving the latest version and in particular the MQ8 skin.

I have however noticed what seems to be a small glitch.  When I bring up movie information, I see all of the usual data yet when I look at the screen below but none of the cast list names are showing up anywhere.  I'm pretty sure this was a standard thing when on the previous build so either I'm not seeing it for some reason, or it is something I need to add in with another addon...any assistance would be really appreciated as this is the last thing that is needed to make this build complete.  

Thanks

Update

I have noticed if you hit the down arrow when over a face, it then brings up a full screen picture with their name beneath it...so I guess it is possible that this is the only way it works, I'm just sure it wasnt like this on the porevoius build/skin
On Android I highlight the picture without actually selecting the picture and the name comes up as "Tim Roth as Pumpkin" for example. The if I click on the picture I get the "full screen picture with their name beneath it. 
i certainly had the name showing on MQ7 on Kodi Krypton....strange
Is there still not a way to hide watched on the main TV screen when pulling from database?
Hello

I use a box Zidoo x20 Pro with Leia 18.2 and skin MQ8. I have a JVC projector
And when I watch a film in Cinemascope (even if I adjust the subtitles at the foot of the video) it does not work and I have to manually change the subtitle height otherwise I do not see them on my screen 2.35
My question !!
In Kodi, which configuration file (its name) and in this file to her line I should modify to have the subtitles at the right place
Thank you in advance for your help

Mike

P.S. I specify that the problem is only under Android because on my PC Win 10 if I do the adjustment as mentioned above it works
Im aware that the IMDB light add on that refereshed the top 250 movies periodically is also not working with Kodi 18 (Im on 18.2 now).  

Anyone got any tison how I can get this functionality back...maybe with an addon i dont know about 

TIA
This is the most beautiful theme i have ever seen to Kodi but there was one really bad thing. When I have the TV view and move the mouse to scroll the channels. I can barely move the mouse down before it starts to scroll down but it´s a pain if i want to go up in the list. The mouse should respond more in the middle of the screen instead of start moving in the top. Do you understand what i mean? Is it possible to adjust this?

I have tried to change theme but there is only black, the other is greyed out.

I tried to turn of the zoom in effect in windows but the switches doesn´t work.
I updated my LibreElec raspberry pi 3 to kodi 18 and tried to install the skin trough the repo, the download is ok, then the screen turns black for a minute and i get the wircle with the install progress screen. Only nothing happens. I deleted the skin data in the addons and userdata folder and tried again but no change. Anybody knows how to fix it? Thx.Image
Hi @Wanilton

Do you know when Marcos be back to fix few of the issues on mq8?
@the_bo

Marcos is working in a new Ace skin, only will return to MQ8 after he's publish the next version of Ace 2 skin.
This is a great work.
Smooth in my RaspberryPi 2B+
The Main Menu customization is a bit confused... but I will found a way.

Thank you for the great job.
Maybe I am just blind, but is there still a way to change the buttons on the video player controls? I remember one of the old editions had an "edit" button, but I don't see that option anymore. I wanted to remove some unneeded options.
@NavySealsGuy 

The Edit button was removed by Marcos in MQ8.
(2019-06-26, 20:23)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@NavySealsGuy 

The Edit button was removed by Marcos in MQ8.

Ah, bummer. Thanks for the reply!
I'm going nuts. The Skin installs fine. But when I try to edit the Main Menu like I did in MQ 7. It doesn't appear to work for the SUBMENUS. Can't seem to crate my own submenus. Is there a trick? Not the same as MQ 7.
insync44, edit is the same, but have changes in MQ8 in submenus, Marcos explain in this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2841287
(2019-04-01, 17:29)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]Talking about the submenus I'll explain:
The Aeon MQ7 code has a submenu for each menu, there are thousands of submenus and thousands of lines of code that weigh heavily.
It is a powerful feature but few users need.
During the development of MQ8 I created a discussion to evaluate the possibility of unifying some submenus and no user (vip, translator, code collaborator) was against. The change occurred in ALPHA 1 BUILD 0.3.0 - RELEASE DATE 7/16/2017.
About 15k lines of code were eliminated and the result was a faster overall skin.

And what is the unification of the submenus exactly?
All items tagged with MOVIES share the same submenu.
All items tagged TVSHOWS share the same submenu.
All video playlists share the same submenu.
All audio playlists share the same submenu.
All program add-ons share the same submenu.
All video add-ons share the same submenu.
All audio add-ons share the same submenu.
All game add-ons share the same submenu.
All image add-ons share the same submenu.

For most users this does not make any difference, but for some to be a problem, I'm sorry for that.
I'm working on new code for the Aeon MQ9 that can bring all of the thousands of submenus back without it hurting anyone who does not use such a feature.
I'm not sure if you have to bring back the thousands of submenus.

Just break the link for example I can have a main menu items 'TV General' and a 'TV Sports', where I can have different submenus.

Same for TV Shows and Movies, where I could have different sub menus for TV Shows/Movies for Romantic, and TV Shows/Movies for Horror.

What is the point of having two top level Movies options where the submenu options are the same.