Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: A small problem with Kodi 18 BD/UHD Disc playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everyone.

I have a small issue with Kodi Leia that prevents it from being a pretty much perfect video player to play my Blu-Ray discs on my Android box.
So far, every disc I tried out plays well (including one 4k UHD disc) , but there is a problem when it reaches the BD menu screen. That's when CPU usage jumps up to 100% and it becomes super slow and I can barely move through the menu. Then when I play the movie, everything is fine again and CPU usage goes back to normal.
So far I've tried every official version of Kodi Leia available, including some nightlies, but the problem is still there.

My Android Box is A95X Pro operating on Android 7.1.2.

Interestingly, back on Kodi Krypton on BD Menu CPU usage is nowhere near 100%, but unfortunately the problem there is that once you press okay on something in the menu you have to wait about 10 seconds before it registers the command plus it has some other bugs.
So Leia would be just great for this purpose if it wasn't for this CPU problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.
(2019-03-03, 19:02)OBrien2019 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, everyone.

I have a small issue with Kodi Leia that prevents it from being a pretty much perfect video player to play my Blu-Ray discs on my Android box.
So far, every disc I tried out plays well (including one 4k UHD disc) , but there is a problem when it reaches the BD menu screen. That's when CPU usage jumps up to 100% and it becomes super slow and I can barely move through the menu. Then when I play the movie, everything is fine again and CPU usage goes back to normal.
So far I've tried every official version of Kodi Leia available, including some nightlies, but the problem is still there.

My Android Box is A95X Pro operating on Android 7.1.2.

Interestingly, back on Kodi Krypton on BD Menu CPU usage is nowhere near 100%, but unfortunately the problem there is that once you press okay on something in the menu you have to wait about 10 seconds before it registers the command plus it has some other bugs.
So Leia would be just great for this purpose if it wasn't for this CPU problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Just to add on my original comment: The reason why BD Menu playback is slow is because for some reason Kodi doesn't use Hardware acceleration when it reaches the BD menu.
I press the codec info button as soon as I start BD playback and for the opening credits screens (prior to entering the menu) it says:

Hardware Decoding: Active
Decoder: amc-h264(s), Surface

Then when it reaches the menu screen it says:

Hardware Decoding: Inactive
Decoder: ff-h264, yuv420p

Then I start the movie and it goes back to the first one and everything is normal again.
Is there a fix for this?