Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18.1 on Nvidia Shield (inconsistent search results with Google Assistant)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently got an Nvidia shield, and searching using the google assistant seems to fail to provide Kodi as an option for specific titles (i.e. Star Trek The Next Generation, Terminator 2).  It seems to work with a lot of the titles in my library, but there are some that never seem to provide a kodi option when searching under any circumstances.  I made sure that the metadata for these titles has been correctly scraped into the library, i.e. the title/year/description in the kodi library is correct for these titles.  I'm not sure if there is something I am missing, or if this is a known issue with Google Assistant/Android TV.  Any help or guidance on how to correct this (if possible) is appreciated.  I did enable all the control options under settings>services>control, and the "channels" I setup using smart playlists seem to be working fine, and these titles seem to show up on those.
After playing with it a bit more (I am very new to android tv), it looks like on these particular titles, if I expand to search results for more options, it will have it under the kodi section after scrolling down a ways.  Looks like this can be downgraded to a (very) minor inconvenience.  Weird that it doesn't show the kodi app option in situations where there are only a couple apps that it's available on...