Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Creating menu item for Music DVD/Blueray
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone i need a little help

I am running Estuary mod in Kodi 18 and trying to get to grips with adding menu items for specific media but i'm still a little confused. Is it possible for me to create a menu item primarily for my music DVD/Blueray rips .On my server in my video section i have a music folder for primarily storing music DVD/Blueray rips IE gigs, documentaries, movies based on artists/bands. I would like to be able to have a separate menu item like the Movies section but for all of the music rips. Is it possible to do this. I'm still a little confused and a noob when it comes to creating menu items.

Cheers
It depends Wink

If you are capable of, you can do that code wise by modifying the skin-code. But I guess that's not the thing you are after...

If you want to configure the skin in a way that it will have an additional home menu item, then I have to say, that Estuary isn't made for that and you have to look for another skin. Many other skins will have that feature. Estuary Mod for example.

But Estuary itself is a pretty basic skin. If you want "more", you will have to search for something that matches your needs.
(2019-03-04, 19:47)DaVu Wrote: [ -> ]It depends Wink

If you are capable of, you can do that code wise by modifying the skin-code. But I guess that's not the thing you are after...

If you want to configure the skin in a way that it will have an additional home menu item, then I have to say, that Estuary isn't made for that and you have to look for another skin. Many other skins will have that feature. Estuary Mod for example.

But Estuary itself is a pretty basic skin. If you want "more", you will have to search for something that matches your needs.
but if you are willin to put the time in to learn xml estuary theme a few plugins and a bit of xml moding any thing is possible
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338955
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333583
(2019-03-05, 01:24)the_other_guy Wrote: [ -> ]but if you are willin to put the time in to learn xml estuary theme a few plugins and a bit of xml moding any thing is possible

I haven't said that it's not possible. I simply don't assume that everyone will put the time and/or effort into something which the person in question wants to see it "just work". Modifying the skin will for sure add something like that. If you have the time and mood to learn. If not, choose another skin.
Thanks for the replies

I already have the Estuary skin mod installed and using it, i was just confused with the adding a menu item, i have figured it out using the steps below

1. Added a new source called Music on the video section of my server which houses music dvd/blue ray rips IE live gigs, documentaries etc.
2. Opened up the skin and Customize main menu
3. Add new item calling it Music DVD
4. Choose item for menu so video library/Sources/Music(video source)
5. Select Create menu item here and picked files view
6 Came out and waited for the skin to refresh the menu

Seems to have worked, when the Music DVD menu item is highlighted it's blank though and doesn't show anything on the right hand side unlike the movie section which shows recently added movies etc, ill be adding a background to the new menu item but other than this it's blank?. but when i go into it, it shows up the music rips correctly so i got it mostly right. 

I finally edited the movie menu item so it only scans the movies folder and doesn't show the comedy, music etc and just movies.

Cheers for the replies Smile
After editing, adding, renaming, adding categories, widgets etc it's starting to look how i want it BUT i got a problem

The widgets for the new menu item i created called Music Videos is broke i think. When i highlight the menu item i created called Music videos i can see and navigate the categories but the widgets i can only see. I have a couple of widgets based upon play lists so

Random - Shows all music based rips in random
Live - For live Gigs
Movies - Music based movies 

But i can only see Random & half of live which is cut off, i can't navigate widgets, select them, move up and down on them or anything, They are as if it's just a background photo. Is there a solution to my problem??

Everything is looking great other than a problem with clear logos as you can see, i have disabled them in Artwork Beef but they still show up as follows, is there a solution to it?