Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wrong reference in "Channels window" but not in "EPG guide"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
after some time of watching LiveTV and doing some channel changes the "Live TV channels window" [h] shows EPG infos of a previous show for the current channel
but the full EPG guide "Live TV EPG/TV guide" [e] points to the correct entry.
E.g. the Channels-Window shows "The Big Bang Theory - 16:30-17:00" but the current time is "18:16".

Image    Image

In my opinion the problem is the timeshift handling, here is an example with log and screenshots:
- Reboot and clean old logs, enable debug logging
- Initial start Live-TV on Channel-1
- Watch channel for ~1min
- Hit button "Info" and current times are ok (no timeshift)
- Change to Channel-2
- Hit button "Info" and now we have a timeshift time of -00:45 (!?)
- Watch channel for ~1min
- Change to Channel-3
- Hit button "Info" and now we have a timeshift time of -01:45 (!?)

Image   Image

Log: kodi.log

If this is done more often or for longer durations the timeshift time grows to higher values which will result to show EPG infos of a previous show in the channel window for the current TV channel.

This issue can be reproduced with:
- LibreELEC 9.0.0 and 9.0.1
- Kodi 18.1 on Windows 10
- Kodi 18.1 on Android
- MediaPortal TV-Server 1.20, 1.21 and 2.2
- MediaPortal PVR Client 3.5.17

This issue has also been discussed and confirmed by other users in a german forum: Link
Same behaviour here
Same behaviour here
It seems the mp addon is not resetting stream time data on channel switch (GetStreamTimes API function bug).
So it seems that no MediaPortal plugin developer is active reading here... no future for this plugin?
(2019-04-02, 12:43)zunixnuz Wrote: [ -> ]So it seems that no MediaPortal plugin developer is active reading here... no future for this plugin?

Take it easy! There is one developer and he isn't always here. He's allowed a life!
Hello,

any chance to get this issue solved? Kind regards.
Markus
(2019-05-06, 19:49)Freuli Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

any chance to get this issue solved? Kind regards.
Markus

It is still on my todo list. I was working on an offshore vessel without access to TV channels and with limited (satellite) Internet, so I had no real opportunities to dive into this issue.
(2019-03-18, 08:50)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the mp addon is not resetting stream time data on channel switch (GetStreamTimes API function bug).

I've implemented this now in v3.5.18 (Leia) / v4.0.1 (Matrix). Hope that this fixes this issue.
Hi, Quick check showed nö issue any more.
Big thanks!

Markus
(2019-05-17, 19:47)margro Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-18, 08:50)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the mp addon is not resetting stream time data on channel switch (GetStreamTimes API function bug).

I've implemented this now in v3.5.18 (Leia) / v4.0.1 (Matrix). Hope that this fixes this issue. 
Big thanks!!!!
issue fixed.