Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: disable infrared support in kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am currently running Kodi 18 through Xbian.
And I would like to know what is the best way to diable the support of IR in Kodi without disabling the module on the system ?
I would like to use the the IR module to another usage than control Kodi.

Through all discussions and documentation, I can not understand how it all works.
I hope you will help me on that.
I assume you are not using lirc but instead using some remote that the kernel uses natively like a keyboard?  I'm not sure you can block it from Kodi... Perhaps a udev rule that blocks access from the user running Kodi?
Please be more specific when asking questions, you already have at least 2 persons guessing and assuming.

Which kodi version?
Are you talking about lirc?

If it's about lirc I see 2 posibilities:
1) build kodi without lirc support
2) if kodi is 18.x you could trick it to use nonexisting lirc socket by running kodi like this from a terminal
LIRC_SOCKET_PATH=/run/nonexistent kodi
how/where to add this environment variable permanently depends on how you are launching kodi eg. .desktop file vs systemd unit.
Hi, thank you for your answers.
Sorry If I am not clear.
I wrote in the first post, I am running kodi 18.x under Xbian.

My project is to use the IR support through a program that I am writing to control other material than kodi.
So, I need to keep LIRC support through Xbian but not in Kodi.

Thanks for the tip LIRC_SOCKET_PATH. I tried to edit the equivalent (DAEMON_LIRC) but this is not working. Kodi always answer to my IR remote.

Again thank you for your help to understand how all this works.
Where DAEMON_LIRC comes from and why you think it's equivalent?
Kodi knows nothing about DAEMON_LIRC
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...RC.cpp#L47
Try what I said exactly the way I said it.
Ok sorry, I will try what you said.
I tried DAEMON_LIRC because it's the only variable getting closer in the upstart service configuration in the Xbian distribution.

I'll give the result later whan I'll get time to test.

Thank you again for the help.