Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 and SMB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an older android box running Kodi 16.1.........it works fine for me except I use Win 10 and now I can't source my videos/tv shows on the media portion now that there isn't SMB in Windows 10. I've looked at Youtube videos with fixes but mine still will not find my shared drives. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do to fix it. (Yes SMB is turned on in windows features)
Windows 10 has SMB, its the foundation for Windows file sharing and networking, and we are currently at version 3

They've switched off SMB1 by default as its insecure, if you must use it for Kodi <18 have you specifically enabled the SMB 1.0 server in Windows features? (assuming your Win10 box is the server?)

If you can upgrade Kodi 18 does support newer versions of SMB.  Also bear in mind that if you can't browse you might have to enter the path manually e.g. smb://192.168.xxx.xxx/share

Also make sure file sharing isn't blocked by your firewall on your server, ideally try to access the shares from another device to check everything is working