Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDR NOT AUTO SWITCHING ON - SHIELD -BRAVIA X900F
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Playing 4k remuxes with HDR in kodi on shield. Refresh rate switch to Always. All res whitelisted. Mediacodec surface disabled. Mediacodec enabled. Tv set to auto for hdmi (tried limited), auto hdr, auto colorspace.
Tried switchin from yuv 4.2.2 12-bit 2020 to 4.2.0 10-bit 2020. Refresh rate 59.4 in nvidia settings. Tried enabling auto colorimetry in dev options/restarted shield.
Anyone have any idea why content isnt being detected and switching automatically? Any options youd suggest me changing? Any help greatly appreciated im pullin my hair out over here trying to get this to work.
Also, if i just enable hdr on tv (bravia x900f) am i getting true hdr or is it just tricking me into thinking i am? Does it need to auto switch to display true hdr?

Oh i also saw a post where someone said the picture mode Standard allowed them to see changes automatically. I was jsing vivid but changing to standard and making sure options were on auto also did nothing. Supposedly picture mode shouldnt restrict this as long as options are on auto but that one person found it to be an issue. Just wanted to add I tried that as well!
This is Kodi 18.1 by the way. I didn't see an edit option for my original post
SOLVED

it was mediacodec SURFACE that NEEDED to be enabled!

Do i still want to have mediacode (non surface one) enabled as well? or leave it disabled?