Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to correct movie information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I decided to let Kodi classify my movies by genre.   For some reason I had a bunch of documentaries that I didn't think I had (as I don't have ANY).    The first is "The American Dream" Which Kodi classified "The American" as.   I see How I can edit the title and just put back the original title but it still shows as the American Dream with a poster and info unrelated to a movie about a sniper.
Right click on the entry and select the information option from the context menu.

Then on the next screen scroll the lower list of options to "refresh" and select that. That will give you the option to ignore local information (the wrong info above) and download from the internet. After that you should get a list of possible options that may match your movie - select the correct one and you should get the right data.

The other option is to go to the website that holds the metadata for the scraper you're using and check the name of the movie it should be as listed there, modify your filename accordingly wherever it's stored (often by adding the year to it) and then cleaning the library and scraping again.

The first option is quicker, the second more long-lasting.
Kodi itself does not classify anything, it merely implements the metadata received from scrapers. If your videos get scraped wrongly, then you could refresh them manually and select the correct movie title.

On the other hand, documentaries are not always movies, and hence are not always available in movie scrapers, so wrong assumptions are possible IMO.
Thanks - that is what I was looking for!
Thanks - that is what I was looking for!