Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Roku IP control emu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like many, I use Harmony hubs to control Kodi installs around the house. I stumbled on a Roku IP control emulator script a bit ago they I edited a bit and have running on a computer in my network that will restart Kodi in a button press in that Roku emulator. This Roku emulator can be seen and controlled from the Harmony hub, as it sees the emulator running as a roku4. Since that seems to work, I was wondering if there was any sort of Roku IP control emulator built for Kodi that I'm not seeing. I use Bluetooth generally but one of my boxes Bluetooth gets flakey at times requiring a reboot. My solution currently works too fix that as I can send a command from my Harmony remote through the running Roku instance a reboot command, however I was wondering if it may be more elegant to just have an add-on that gives Roku IP control for the Harmony hub. Any thoughts or opinions? The Roku 4 emu is a simple python script so I thought maybe with a bit of work it could be a sort of service script.
I'm using also harmony hub to control kodi over bluetooth. But, like you, I have to reboot sometimes my htpc cause of bluetooth connection issues.
I would like to control kodi over IP with my Harmony. But this will not happened. As workaround, I will look for Roku emu which can be used as gateway.
Would like to see a native Roku Remote Addon for Kodi
(2019-03-16, 21:38)cookerrr Wrote: [ -> ]Like many, I use Harmony hubs to control Kodi installs around the house. I stumbled on a Roku IP control emulator script a bit ago they I edited a bit and have running on a computer in my network that will restart Kodi in a button press in that Roku emulator. This Roku emulator can be seen and controlled from the Harmony hub, as it sees the emulator running as a roku4. Since that seems to work, I was wondering if there was any sort of Roku IP control emulator built for Kodi that I'm not seeing. I use Bluetooth generally but one of my boxes Bluetooth gets flakey at times requiring a reboot. My solution currently works too fix that as I can send a command from my Harmony remote through the running Roku instance a reboot command, however I was wondering if it may be more elegant to just have an add-on that gives Roku IP control for the Harmony hub. Any thoughts or opinions? The Roku 4 emu is a simple python script so I thought maybe with a bit of work it could be a sort of service script.

Did you found a good approach to control Kodi over Roku emulator?
(2020-04-18, 23:44)davincino Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-16, 21:38)cookerrr Wrote: [ -> ]Like many, I use Harmony hubs to control Kodi installs around the house. I stumbled on a Roku IP control emulator script a bit ago they I edited a bit and have running on a computer in my network that will restart Kodi in a button press in that Roku emulator. This Roku emulator can be seen and controlled from the Harmony hub, as it sees the emulator running as a roku4. Since that seems to work, I was wondering if there was any sort of Roku IP control emulator built for Kodi that I'm not seeing. I use Bluetooth generally but one of my boxes Bluetooth gets flakey at times requiring a reboot. My solution currently works too fix that as I can send a command from my Harmony remote through the running Roku instance a reboot command, however I was wondering if it may be more elegant to just have an add-on that gives Roku IP control for the Harmony hub. Any thoughts or opinions? The Roku 4 emu is a simple python script so I thought maybe with a bit of work it could be a sort of service script.

Did you found a good approach to control Kodi over Roku emulator?

I posted this a while ago, but since then nothing has changed for me, Bluetooth control with kodi is very stable, but the Roku emulator I have running is still going also, so that once a month or so when kodi freezes I have a long press button assigned to restart kodi with the Roku emu, and it's always worked. In theory you could edit the script to emulate all the Roku buttons and send http api calls to kodi, though I'm not sure if the latency from button press to the command getting through.