Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Plugins won't play too many consecutive failed items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've installed several plugins and none of the video or TV shows will play I keep getting too many consecutive failed items message I have Movies on demand, DivVin, movie alien, TV shack and nothing will play what am I doing wrong? Confused
my suspicion would be that you haven't installed and run the latest version of veohproxy (1.3).

So....step 1

Update XBMC to the latest version using T3CH Upgrader.

Download the veohproxy script from http://code.google.com/p/veohproxy/ (the .zip one on the right).

Place that file in:

XMC\scripts\

Then run it from your xbox (you'll need to do this every time you reboot else place an entry in autoexec.py for it).

Finally try and run the episode.

all the plugins you've listed are currently working so it is likely to be something like this.

If this doesn't work let us know and we'll figure out what's going on Wink
I reloaded the update from t3ch and all went well no more error messages when i click on one of the titles i want to watch is says opening file but the nothing happens and I'm back to to the screen where i pick the movie i want to watch
help again? Oo
I downloaded the veohproxy-1.3 and stuck it in my scripts folder and I run it before i try a video.
you have to actually run the script before you run the video.
if you navigate to your scripts folder, it will say "VeohProxy (Running)" if it is already running. If it isn't, click it and wait for the (Running) part to come up.
I wait until the vogh is running and then try and watch a movie but still no go. I can't figure out what is going wrong
It would be helpful if you could provide an error log. To quote Unbehagen in the Ninja Video thread:
"After the stream kicks you out, open the contents of Q:\xbmc.log in an editor and copy&paste it to http://pastebin.ca . That would surely help."

Just FTP Q:\xbmc.log to your PC and open it with Notepad or an equivalent and copy and paste it into that website and post the link here. You could also upload it via the bottom of http://pastebin.ca/upload.php.
This will provide everyone with more information to help in solving your issue.
I will take your advice and try that. Another issue came to mind. some time when i connect the xbox to my router there is a stream at the bottom of my xbmc home page from the server with news and other blurbs. I noticed when i was trying to access the movie server I was doing it when i didn't have that stream at the bottom of my home page. But like many other people i can ftp and I can get the movie directories to load. Its just the movies that won't load. So I am begining to think it is a network problem in my setting that needs to be changed. I wish someone would make a good tutiorial for xbmc, the ones i have seen are not the helpful. because they are not made for xbmc dash board. It may take me a while to get the log up on the internet because I'm back on dial up for a few day in the booniesConfused
If you are not getting the rss feed across the skin then you don`t have a network connection via xbmc.

You will always get the menu`s in my plugins as they are hard coded and independant of a connection.
How can I check and see if I'm getting the RSS feed and what should my settings be in mt network I have looked for a tutorial on this but haven't had much luck. Would the menus in the plugins and the list of movie to watch come up? Because they do. It acts like it is loading the file but nothing happens. I appericate your help
Voinage Wrote:If you are not getting the rss feed across the skin then you don`t have a network connection via xbmc.

You will always get the menu`s in my plugins as they are hard coded and independant of a connection.

Yes the menus show even without an internet connection. you'll know if you're getting the RSS feed on your start screen because you'll see it scrolling. If you don't see it scrolling, the you're not online.

you could check the weather script and see if it's working. that would show if you're online or not.

Are you connected to your network? Can you FTP and stream content from your computer or did you get the plugins to your box some other way?

If you aren't online, then you can go to Settings>Network and see how your network is setup. I've got mine set to Default (Dashboard) and it's working for me. Try Automatic (DHCP) and see if that works. If it doesn't then on your computer go to Start>Run and type cmd. in the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all
either keep the window open, or write down the IP Address, Netmask, Default Gateway, and DNS Server.

On your Xbox, copy everything exact EXCEPT for the IP Address. Change the last digit to something between 1 and 255 that isn't taken by something else on the network.

For instance, if your computer's ip address is 192.168.0.2 change your Xbox to 192.168.0.87 or change the 87 to any number that isn't your computer's ip address, the default gateway, or the dns server.

After doing this, make you change your settings on your FTP program because it will change the ip address of your box.

Check to see if the RSS feed scrolls or if you can check the weather from the Weather tab. It definitely sounds like you're having internet issues. There are no problems with the plugins or scripts. To make it really clear *you WILL see the categories for the movies even without an internet connection because they are included in the plugins*
I hope some day I understand enough to help others thanks for your support. I do have access to my network as I am able to ftp from my computer. So maybe i just have something screwie. I'll try what you recomended and see if this works. I was using the DHCP auto and that wasn't working but I'll bet is has something to do with the setting that I will check later today.
TheBoxMan Wrote:Then run it from your xbox (you'll need to do this every time you reboot else place an entry in autoexec.py for it).

I think I need to do this as well. How does one make an "entry" in autoexec.py?