Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-05-16, 14:46)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-16, 00:18)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-12, 21:57)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]I did the update but the translations and the duplicates are not corrected.

OK, thanks for these notes. I now understand better how this parameter works.

Thank you.      

@Cyberdom , please check out version 3.2.80.  The language fixes should be there now.  I have not added the play count for music yet.  It will come in a future update.

Regards,

Bart      
Thank you @bsoriano for the language fixes.

I noticed other things :
- In Settings -> Home layout:
Why is there 2 times the line "Ligne de statistiques" ?

- In Settings -> Backgrounds :
The first line displays the name of the background in the home window.
What does the 4th line "Afficher le nom de l'arrière-plan dans la fenêtre d'accueil" correspond to ?

For the line "Utiliser l'arrière-plan par défaut pour l'accueil window" : Put "Utiliser l'arrière-plan par défaut pour la fenêtre d'accueil". 
@Cyberdom , the second line is, I guess, an incorrect automatic translation by POEdit.  The setting is "Show Statistics Line on Shelf".  What is the translation for that?

In Backgrounds, the fourth line is also an incorrect automatic translation.  The setting is "Show Logo in Home Window".  What is the translation for that?

Once you let me know about those translations, I will update all three that you have mentioned.  Please consider doing the complete translation for French.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

For some time now, the integration with Transifex for translations has not been working.  Thus, for the time being, I will only be including in the skin the languages that people are actually using Amber with.  The ones I know for sure at this time are:

- English
- French
- German
- Spanish
- Portuguese

Are there any others you are using Amber with? Please let me know so I can keep those as well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano 

im still working on translation. Did you include my last version?

In addition to that ... i need your help.
In some settings i have no idea what they changed (after test it). It is not purposeful to make 1:1 translation.

I would be great, if i tell you the settings and you give me a screenshot for this setting.

Thanks
When I try to install Amber 3.3.80 on the latest Matix build, it fails with the error: ‘Dependency on Script.skin.helper.widgets could not be satisfied’.
Is there a work round for this please?
Thanks
(2020-05-17, 10:43)Johnny1982fd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bsoriano 

im still working on translation. Did you include my last version?

In addition to that ... i need your help.
In some settings i have no idea what they changed (after test it). It is not purposeful to make 1:1 translation.

I would be great, if i tell you the settings and you give me a screenshot for this setting.

Thanks

@Johnny1982fd, yes, I included it. And, of course, tell me which settings and I will post screenshots of each.

Thank you for continuing to work on the translation!

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-17, 13:09)Vitruvius3 Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to install Amber 3.3.80 on the latest Matix build, it fails with the error: ‘Dependency on Script.skin.helper.widgets could not be satisfied’.
Is there a work round for this please?
Thanks

@Vitruvius3,

Thank you for reporting this. I will remove that dependency in the Matrix version. I will push an updated version to the Amber repo for Matrix in a couple of hours.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-17, 13:09)Vitruvius3 Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to install Amber 3.3.80 on the latest Matix build, it fails with the error: ‘Dependency on Script.skin.helper.widgets could not be satisfied’.Is there a work round for this please?Thanks

@Vitruvius3 , please try with version 3.3.81.  It is already on GitHub (master branch) and the Amber repo for Matrix.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

As of today, the Matrix and Leia versions of Amber are not interchangeable any more.  This means that the Master branch on GitHub for Amber will not work on Leia.  The Amber repo for Matrix now has Amber version 3.3.81.  The version for Leia remains at 3.2.80.

To recapitulate, if you download from GitHub and use Kodi Leia, please download the Leia branch.  If you use Kodi Matrix, please download the Master branch.

If you download from the Amber repo, then you do not need to do anything different.  There are separate repos for Leia and Matrix.  Please ensure that you are using the one that corresponds to your Kodi version.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-17, 02:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-16, 14:46)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-16, 00:18)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom , please check out version 3.2.80.  The language fixes should be there now.  I have not added the play count for music yet.  It will come in a future update.

Regards,

Bart      
Thank you @bsoriano for the language fixes.

I noticed other things :

What does the 4th line "Afficher le nom de l'arrière-plan dans la fenêtre d'accueil" correspond to ?

For the line "Utiliser l'arrière-plan par défaut pour l'accueil window" : Put "Utiliser l'arrière-plan par défaut pour la fenêtre d'accueil".                   
@Cyberdom , the second line is, I guess, an incorrect automatic translation by POEdit.  The setting is "Show Statistics Line on Shelf".  What is the translation for that?                 
Indeed, the second line corresponds to the display of the statistics line on the shelves.
The French translation to put is : "Ligne de statistiques sur les étagères"
For statistics line of film and TV shows, can you correct "Non vu" by putting "Non vu(s)" ?

In the details of a TV show where we see the number of episodes, the date of addition, the number of views and the date of the last episode watched, it should be replaced "Non vu" by "Non vu(s)".

When we choose a line of statistics, in statistics lines list, the last 2 lines correspond to the albums and songs statistics.
Here are the French translations:
"Ligne de statistiques" to replace with "Statistiques des albums".
"Statistiques des films et séries TV" to replace with "Statistiques des chansons".

(2020-05-17, 02:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]In Backgrounds, the fourth line is also an incorrect automatic translation.  The setting is "Show Logo in Home Window".  What is the translation for that?
What is the logo on the home window ? What does it correspond to ?
(2020-05-17, 18:43)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-17, 02:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-16, 14:46)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you @bsoriano for the language fixes.

I noticed other things :

Indeed, the second line corresponds to the display of the statistics line on the shelves.
For statistics line of film and TV shows, can you correct "Non vu" by putting "Non vu(s)" ?

In the details of a TV show where we see the number of episodes, the date of addition, the number of views and the date of the last episode watched, it should be replaced "Non vu" by "Non vu(s)".

When we choose a line of statistics, in statistics lines list, the last 2 lines correspond to the albums and songs statistics.
"Statistiques des films et séries TV" to replace with "Statistiques des chansons".

(2020-05-17, 02:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]In Backgrounds, the fourth line is also an incorrect automatic translation.  The setting is "Show Logo in Home Window".  What is the translation for that?

@Cyberdom, I will make those changes for the next update. The logo on home window will show the movie/TV show/artist logo for the background or the shelf item that is focused.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-17, 19:00)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-17, 18:43)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-17, 02:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom , the second line is, I guess, an incorrect automatic translation by POEdit.  The setting is "Show Statistics Line on Shelf".  What is the translation for that?            

@Cyberdom, I will make those changes for the next update. The logo on home window will show the movie/TV show/artist logo for the background or the shelf item that is focused.

Regards,

Bart    
Thanks, but what is it film/TV show logo or artist logo ? Is it the photo of an artist, the poster of a film or a TV show ?

Another thing, since the recent Amber updates, for music, in the fanart view, when selecting an artist or a film and when we push down to display the info of an artist or album, the image which should be a square is cropped as a rectangle (same format as movie posters).

Is it possible to correct this to no longer crop the images of artists and albums ?
(2020-05-17, 19:08)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-17, 19:00)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-17, 18:43)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, the second line corresponds to the display of the statistics line on the shelves.

Regards,

Bart     
Thanks, but what is it film/TV show logo or artist logo ? Is it the photo of an artist, the poster of a film or a TV show ?

Another thing, since the recent Amber updates, for music, in the fanart view, when selecting an artist or a film and when we push down to display the info of an artist or album, the image which should be a square is cropped as a rectangle (same format as movie posters).

Is it possible to correct this to no longer crop the images of artists and albums ? 
@Cyberdom, in the following screenshots you will see on the top right the logo (also known as clearlogo) that I am referring to:

ImageImageImageImage

I will fix the aspect ratio of art for music in fanart view in the next update as well, thank you for reporting this.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I spent quite a while today testing out the last version of the skin, at least since you made all the changes when you got rid of skinhelper, or maybe it was after. Anyway, I have to admit that the skin seems a bit sluggish now. I know this because I took a backed up version of my Amber skin from April 18, 2020 and renamed it so there is obviously no conflict. I configured it exactly as I did the latest version, but I find when I enter the Movies, TV Shows etc. from the main menu, there is a delay before all the contents are displayed. On the renamed (older version) of this skin, this is not so. It is immediate and zero delay. I have also tested it with Aeon Nox Solvo skin and it works fast. I tested this over and over. as well as on Windows & LibreELEC.

Also, there are no errors in the logs, so I have nothing to backup my claim, but there is definitely without a shadow of a doubt a delay. I will try and see if I can record it and upload it to YT or similar platform.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-05-17, 19:41)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I spent quite a while today testing out the last version of the skin, at least since you made all the changes when you got rid of skinhelper, or maybe it was after. Anyway, I have to admit that the skin seems a bit sluggish now. I know this because I took a backed up version of my Amber skin from April 18, 2020 and renamed it so there is obviously no conflict. I configured it exactly as I did the latest version, but I find when I enter the Movies, TV Shows etc. from the main menu, there is a delay before all the contents are displayed. On the renamed (older version) of this skin, this is not so. It is immediate and zero delay. I have also tested it with Aeon Nox Solvo skin and it works fast. I tested this over and over. as well as on Windows & LibreELEC.

Also, there are no errors in the logs, so I have nothing to backup my claim, but there is definitely without a shadow of a doubt a delay. I will try and see if I can record it and upload it to YT or similar platform.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock, thanks for reporting this.  I would really appreciate if you can upload a video, since that is something I cannot replicate on my end.  Just some questions on things that might affect performance:

1. Are you using random movie/tv show/music/video fanart as background for any of your menu items? I added options that only use Kodi for those (they have Kodi at the end of the name):

Using the Kodi only options will show the backgrounds faster, but will not skip over items that have no fanart, so black backgrounds might be shown.

2. Does it happen after you click on a menu item and before the media view is shown? (that is, you click on Movies, and there is a delay before the list of movies is shown?) Is there a delay before anyhting is shown? Does it happen also for Music?

If anything, the removal of skin helper as dependency should have increased performance.  

Could you test by disabling embuary helper and tmdb helper and seeing if you are still experiencing the delays? Please restart Kodi after you disable the addons so that the service components of them do not start when Kodi starts.

Also, could you please turn on debug logging, restart Kodi and post a link to your debug log from when you experience the delay? Maybe there is something in the debug log that might show what is going on.

Thanks for looking further into this, I most certainly want to ensure the skin remains fast.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-17, 19:20)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-17, 19:08)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-17, 19:00)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom, I will make those changes for the next update. The logo on home window will show the movie/TV show/artist logo for the background or the shelf item that is focused.

Regards,

Bart     

@Cyberdom, in the following screenshots you will see on the top right the logo (also known as clearlogo) that I am referring to:

ImageImageImageImage

I will fix the aspect ratio of art for music in fanart view in the next update as well, thank you for reporting this.

Regards,

Bart      
Thanks for the examples. I understand better now what it corresponds to.
I do not use logos, this is where in the settings to activate them ?
You can therefore translate the 4th line by "Afficher le logo dans la fenêtre d'accueil".
I forgot, you can also translate the 2nd line by "Afficher le nom de l'arrière-plan dans la barre du haut".