Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-05-18, 14:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Bart

EDIT: @shedrock, could you replace the Home.xml in your skin's 1080i folder with this one: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFiPYLHS6f...w?e=cS1YzI  and the MyVideoNav.xml with this one: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFiPYKuVoY...g?e=rzdhfT

And let me know if this makes any difference.  Please replace the files while Kodi is not running.  Thanks. 
Hi Bart,

Whatever you did made it much faster.

Thanks you!

Shedrock
(2020-05-18, 16:25)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-18, 14:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Bart

EDIT: @shedrock, could you replace the Home.xml in your skin's 1080i folder with this one: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFiPYLHS6f...w?e=cS1YzI  and the MyVideoNav.xml with this one: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFiPYKuVoY...g?e=rzdhfT

And let me know if this makes any difference.  Please replace the files while Kodi is not running.  Thanks. 
Hi Bart,

Whatever you did made it much faster.

Thanks you!

Shedrock 
@shedrock, thanks for the additional feedback.  Is it now on par with the older version you were comparing it to? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-18, 16:50)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, thanks for the additional feedback.  Is it now on par with the older version you were comparing it to? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Yes, it appears to be responding the same way. I will double check later on this morning and report back to you.

UPDATE: Sorry Bart, but it appears that the older version is still a bit faster upon entering Movies, TV Shows and Addons, at least those are the 3 main ones I focused on.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-05-18, 16:57)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-18, 16:50)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, thanks for the additional feedback.  Is it now on par with the older version you were comparing it to? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Yes, it appears to be responding the same way. I will double check later on this morning and report back to you.

UPDATE:Sorry Bart, but it appears that the older version is still a bit faster upon entering Movies, TV Shows and Addons, at least those are the 3 main ones I focused on.

Regards,

Shedrock 
@shedrock, thanks.  I will implement options which will allow the user to enable/disable the items I think can contribute to this.  I still do not know exactly what is contributing to the slowdown, since I cannot replicate it.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-18, 18:17)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, thanks.  I will implement options which will allow the user to enable/disable the items I think can contribute to this.  I still do not know exactly what is contributing to the slowdown, since I cannot replicate it.

Regards,

Bart 
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.Sad I have also tried it on Windows and it has that same lag on it as well, but not with the older version.
(2020-05-18, 13:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-18, 06:53)cartucho Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I have a problem with Amber...
The Movies and Series shelves are empty (No movie/serie poster only a forbidden sign)

ImageImage

Log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/qogatuxono.kodi

Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks!

@cartucho, from what I see in the log, please redo your shelves configuration. The skin provided playlists that form the basis of most of the shelves you are using changed location. Just go in and reselect what you want for each shelf. That should solve the issue. Please confirm that it indeed does. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  

Thanks!
That works!!!!!

...only a minor problem...
In Series I had a shelve with option "Next Episodes" what listed the next episode to view...
...I can't find that option anymore in Default Shelves --> Episodes
...Only Recently Added Episodes, Recently Played Episodes, Random Episodes, In Progress Episodes, Top Rated Episodes, Unwatched Episodes, are the options.

Thanks again
(2020-05-18, 19:50)cartucho Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-18, 13:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-18, 06:53)cartucho Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I have a problem with Amber...
The Movies and Series shelves are empty (No movie/serie poster only a forbidden sign)

ImageImage

Log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/qogatuxono.kodi

Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks!

@cartucho, from what I see in the log, please redo your shelves configuration. The skin provided playlists that form the basis of most of the shelves you are using changed location. Just go in and reselect what you want for each shelf. That should solve the issue. Please confirm that it indeed does. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  

Thanks!
That works!!!!!

...only a minor problem...
In Series I had a shelve with option "Next Episodes" what listed the next episode to view...
...I can't find that option anymore in Default Shelves --> Episodes
...Only Recently Added Episodes, Recently Played Episodes, Random Episodes, In Progress Episodes, Top Rated Episodes, Unwatched Episodes, are the options.

Thanks again

@cartucho, as far as I recall that is a shelf from Embuary Helper or Skin Helper Widgets. Instead of Default Shelves, look in Embuary Helper Shelves, or look in Addons, Video Addons, Skin Helper Widgets.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-17, 16:11)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-17, 13:09)Vitruvius3 Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to install Amber 3.3.80 on the latest Matix build, it fails with the error: ‘Dependency on Script.skin.helper.widgets could not be satisfied’.Is there a work round for this please?Thanks

@Vitruvius3 , please try with version 3.3.81.  It is already on GitHub (master branch) and the Amber repo for Matrix.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks very much Bart
I’ve installed 3.3.81 in the latest matrix nightly build.  Amber is now OK until loading Embuary Helper, which comes up as ‘Error’, although as far as I can see, it is working OK.

My log is at sijibotobo.kodi (paste)
(2020-05-18, 20:21)Vitruvius3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-17, 16:11)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-17, 13:09)Vitruvius3 Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to install Amber 3.3.80 on the latest Matix build, it fails with the error: ‘Dependency on Script.skin.helper.widgets could not be satisfied’.Is there a work round for this please?Thanks

@Vitruvius3 , please try with version 3.3.81.  It is already on GitHub (master branch) and the Amber repo for Matrix.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
Thanks very much BartI’ve installed 3.3.81 in the latest matrix nightly build.  Amber is now OK until loading Embuary Helper, which comes up as ‘Error’, although as far as I can see, it is working OK. My log is at sijibotobo.kodi (paste) 
@Vitruvius3 , thanks for reporting this.  The error should not be there, since you do not have script.embuary.helper, but the skin is incorrectly looking for it.  I have fixed that in version 3.3.82, which I will be uploading shortly.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have just uploaded versions 3.2.82 (Leia) and 3.3.82 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

The main changes are:

1. I have made optional some settings that might be affecting the performance of the skin, either when showing random backgrounds for a main menu item, or when opening a media view when clicking (pressing Enter) on a menu item.

a. There is a new setting, "Use Embuary Helper for Statistics Line", which is set to No by default.  If you set it to Yes and have Embuary Helper installed, Amber will use it for playlist/node statistics line.  Using Embuary Helper might cause a delay in presenting the statistics line, but it is the only option in Amber right now to show statistics of playlists/nodes.  You can find the new setting here:

b. There is a new setting, "Use Embuary Helper for Backgrounds", which is set to No by default.  If you set it to Yes and have Embuary Helper installed, Amber will use it for random video/movie/tv show/music video/music backgrounds, as well as for playlist/node backgrounds.  Using Embuary Helper might cause a slight delay on first use, but skips over missing fanarts, so no black backgrounds will be shown.  You can find the new setting here:

c. There is a new setting "Show Movie Collection Count" which is set to No by default.  If you set it to Yes, the number of movies in a collection will be shown in the media views.  You can find the setting here:

d. From the screenshot above, you can see there is also a new setting "Show Fanart for Special Content", which is set to No by default.  If you set it to Yes, content-specific fanart will be shown for Genres, Studios, Years, Countries, Actors, Directors and Tags.  That means that if you highlight the Genre "Action", for example, fanart from movies that have that genre will be shown.

2. Added play count information to music items in media views.  Some examples:

ImageImage

3. Some fixes for fanart view, so that the correct image aspect ratio is shown for music items in the Gallery mode.

4. More fixes to the French translation (thanks @cyberdom).

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Everything seems to be running great Bart with this update. Anyway, I am just curious, so please forgive my ignorance. What exactly is the purpose of using Use Embuary Helper for Backgrounds, as oppose to the "normal" method? I know it definitely slows down the scrolling when in the Movie, TV and Music media views, but that's why I assume you have the option to turn it on or off.

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2020-05-18, 22:41)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Everything seems to be running great Bart with this update. Anyway, I am just curious, so please forgive my ignorance. What exactly is the purpose of using Use Embuary Helper for Backgrounds, as oppose to the "normal" method? I know it definitely slows down the scrolling when in the Movie, TV and Music media views, but that's why I assume you have the option to turn it on or off.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock, that is great to hear, thanks!

If you use Embuary Helper for backgrounds, then if a movie or tv show or music video or playlist item in your collection does not have fanart, it will skip over that item and Kodi will not show a black background. 

This is especially useful, for example, for playlists that you are using as a menu item where all of the movies in the playlist do not have fanarts.  If you just use regular method and assign the playlist as background for the menu item, then for each movie in the playlist that does not have fanart, Kodi will show a black background.  With Embuary Helper, this does not happen.

What I ended up doing, and that is why I created the new settings, is putting the hidden lists that make the backgrounds and statistics lines possible in conditional includes.  That way, if you are not using those settings, Embuary Helper will not be called at all when you are in your Home menu.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-18, 22:50)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]If you use Embuary Helper for backgrounds, then if a movie or tv show or music video or playlist item in your collection does not have fanart, it will skip over that item and Kodi will not show a black background. 

This is especially useful, for example, for playlists that you are using as a menu item where all of the movies in the playlist do not have fanarts.  If you just use regular method and assign the playlist as background for the menu item, then for each movie in the playlist that does not have fanart, Kodi will show a black background.  With Embuary Helper, this does not happen.

What I ended up doing, and that is why I created the new settings, is putting the hidden lists that make the backgrounds and statistics lines possible in conditional includes.  That way, if you are not using those settings, Embuary Helper will not be called at all when you are in your Home menu.

Regards,

Bart 
Thank you very much Bart for the detailed explanation. I understand completely.

Shedrock
(2020-05-18, 21:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]c. There is a new setting "Show Movie Collection Count" which is set to No by default.  If you set it to Yes, the number of movies in a collection will be shown in the media views.  You can find the setting here:

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me. I wanted to integrate it into my mod myself a few months ago and spent hours on it, but then I failed. I think it's the same problem/behavior as when I tried. Sad

Please have a look: https://youtu.be/wvptme3FLXE
(2020-05-18, 21:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I have just uploaded versions 3.2.82 (Leia) and 3.3.82 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.
Thank you for update.

(2020-05-18, 21:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]c. There is a new setting "Show Movie Collection Count" which is set to No by default.  If you set it to Yes, the number of movies in a collection will be shown in the media views.  You can find the setting here:

From what I understand, is it to display on the poster of the collection the number of movies ?
I tried but it does not work, nothing is displayed.
I just have the number of movies in the collection information.

(2020-05-18, 21:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]2. Added play count information to music items in media views.  Some examples:

ImageImage
Thank you for this addition.
Is it possible to add the number of plays of a song in the list views ?

(2020-05-18, 21:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]3. Some fixes for fanart view, so that the correct image aspect ratio is shown for music items in the Gallery mode.
It's good, the ratio is correct for album images and artist photos.

(2020-05-18, 21:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]4. More fixes to the French translation (thanks @cyberdom).
Thank you.