Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-04-02, 06:50)spudstuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-02, 03:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]1. There is only one view available, Icons.  I am not planning on adding any other views to this (design is not my strong suite).

Global search looks great @bsoriano !

I thought just a slight transparency would be nice though, like a lot of the other Amber views, like this:

Versus current:

Just adding a colordiffuse to the background images:

xml:

<control type="image" description="Left Menu background">
    <colordiffuse>dfcebe9e</colordiffuse>
    <left>60</left>
    <top>60</top>
    <width>412</width>
    <height>980</height>
    <texture border="45">dialogs/TinyDialog.png</texture>
</control>
<control type="image" description="2/2 Right Menu">
    <left>462</left>
    <top>60</top>
    <width>1459</width>
    <height>980</height>
</control>

What do you think?

@spudstuff, thank you! It looks much better with the transparency! I will update today.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-02, 12:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-02, 06:50)spudstuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-02, 03:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]1. There is only one view available, Icons.  I am not planning on adding any other views to this (design is not my strong suite).

Global search looks great @bsoriano !

I thought just a slight transparency would be nice though, like a lot of the other Amber views, like this:

Versus current:

Just adding a colordiffuse to the background images:

xml:

<control type="image" description="Left Menu background">
    <left>60</left>
    <top>60</top>
    <width>412</width>
    <height>980</height>
</control>
<control type="image" description="2/2 Right Menu">
    <left>462</left>
    <top>60</top>
    <width>1459</width>
    <height>980</height>
</control>

What do you think? 

@spudstuff, thank you! It looks much better with the transparency! I will update today.

Regards,

Bart 

@spudstuff , added on Git.  Thanks again! Please feel free to point out any and all design improvements you can see, as this is the area I need the most help in Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-19, 22:49)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - I just have 2 suggestions which would be great to see implemented in this skin.

1 - Choose the Startup window that you want from the skin settings.
2 - Extendedinfo script.

Cheers!

Shedrock
@shedrock , I have added ExtendedInfo integration for Movies and TV Shows.  It is now on Git.  There is a new setting in Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced to Enable ExtendedInfo.  Please set that to Yes.

In the Movie and TV Show info dialog: 
  • You now have a new button "Extended Info" that shows up if you have enabled the option in skin settings.  If you click it, you'll get extended info for the movie or tv show.
  • For each cast member, if you click (press Enter) on the cast member, you'll get the standard Kodi functionality of looking for that person in the Kodi video database; if you press Down, you'll get extended info for that cast member
  • For the Director and Writer, if you click (press Enter) on the name, you will get extended info on the person.

Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  I have not implemented ExtendedInfo integration yet for Music.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-02, 13:12)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@spudstuff , added on Git.  Thanks again! Please feel free to point out any and all design improvements you can see, as this is the area I need the most help in Smile

Regards,

Bart 

Looks great mate. Thanks very much!
(2019-04-03, 01:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-19, 22:49)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - I just have 2 suggestions which would be great to see implemented in this skin.

2 - Extendedinfo script.

Cheers!

Shedrock
@shedrock , I have added ExtendedInfo integration for Movies and TV Shows.  It is now on Git.  There is a new setting in Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced to Enable ExtendedInfo.  Please set that to Yes.

• You now have a new button "Extended Info" that shows up if you have enabled the option in skin settings.  If you click it, you'll get extended info for the movie or tv show.
  • For each cast member, if you click (press Enter) on the cast member, you'll get the standard Kodi functionality of looking for that person in the Kodi video database; if you press Down, you'll get extended info for that cast member
  • For the Director and Writer, if you click (press Enter) on the name, you will get extended info on the person.

Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  I have not implemented ExtendedInfo integration yet for Music.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
This is awesome. I just tested it and it works great. Two things though. People may now know that they have to use the down arrow (button) to access the Actor ext. info. I guess it is standard in all other skins to bring up the actor image, then you have to select the highlighted username. You can check it in Aeon MQ and other skins. Either way doesn't matter to me though. Also, there is a small black dot or image present in the Bio box of the actor. Other than that, it is awesome!

Shedrock
(2019-03-28, 22:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-25, 00:50)Variable! Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly let me add my thanks for reviving this skin and making it useful again.  Secondly, I want to let you know that while running the 3.0.10 version from github.com/spudstuff, I tried to update it to your newest version from git on two Windows 7 machines, one running Leia 18.0, and the other one running Leia 18.1.  The update worked perfectly on the 18.0 machine, but it crashes whenever I try to install the update on the 18.1 machine, not sure why.

@Variable! Sorry I had not answered this message.  Were you able to solve it? I only use Kodi on Windows 10, and I am using always the latest nightly (which I guess is Leia 18.2).  The skin works fine on both of my Windows 10 machines.  Perhaps try removing the skin completely and re-installing? if you do that, even though you'll lose any previous configuration of the skin, do not forget to also remove the skin folder from the \userdata\addon_data folder.

Regards,

Bart 

While running Kodi 18.1 (compiled on 17FEB2019, according to the System Info screen), I had been trying to install your Amber skin from a .zip file downloaded from git on March 23rd, while running Spudstuff's amber as the active skin.  This caused Kodi to crash to a black screen and would stay frozen until closing Kodi via alt-F4, and when restarting Kodi, would open back up to Spudstuff's version of Amber which functioned normally as before.  I then tried switching to Estuary as the active skin and installing the Amber zip file, and instead of crashing, I got a "Failed to install" notification pop-up in Estuary.  I then repeated this process with a newer version of your Amber skin from git downloaded on April 3rd with the exact same results.

I then re-downloaded/reinstalled Kodi 18.1 from kodi.tv (which shows the exact same compile date in System Info) and ran through the installer in Windows, as if I were updating to a newer version (even though it was ostensibly the same one) and then, while running Estuary, once again tried to install your April 3rd .zip file, and the update worked successfully.  Not sure where the issue was, but I figured I'd post my experience so perhaps if someone else runs into similar issues, they can see what I did.   Thanks!
(2019-04-03, 02:43)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-03, 01:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

2 - Extendedinfo script.

Cheers!

Shedrock

Regards,

Bart  
This is awesome. I just tested it and it works great. Two things though. People may now know that they have to use the down arrow (button) to access the Actor ext. info. I guess it is standard in all other skins to bring up the actor image, then you have to select the highlighted username. You can check it in Aeon MQ and other skins. Either way doesn't matter to me though. Also, there is a small black dot or image present in the Bio box of the actor. Other than that, it is awesome!

Shedrock 
@shedrock , thanks for the feedback.  The black dot (it can be a dash depending on the font) is there in the dialog from the ExtendedInfo addon.  I could skin that dialog, but it's a big undertaking that I would rather not take right now.

In terms of the navigation with the actors, what I have found by looking at multiple skins (Estuary, Aeon MQ 8, Aura, Arctic Zephyr 2, Embuary, others) is that they either have one key other than pressing enter (clicking) on the actor image to bring up ExtendedInfo (this is what Estuary does, and what I am doing right now), or they do a lot of code to alter completely the functionality of the cast list and show you a dialog allowing you to choose to search the local library or show Extended Info.  This is because you cannot modify the behavior of onclick for the default cast list in DialogVideoInfo.

I like the approach of showing a dialog, but it's been a little hard for me to follow the code on other skins that can get me there.  I will try some more today, but if it continues to prove difficult (for my skill level), I will leave it as it is now. 

Just wanted you to be aware of the rationale for the design choices I made.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-03, 20:31)Variable! Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-28, 22:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-25, 00:50)Variable! Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly let me add my thanks for reviving this skin and making it useful again.  Secondly, I want to let you know that while running the 3.0.10 version from github.com/spudstuff, I tried to update it to your newest version from git on two Windows 7 machines, one running Leia 18.0, and the other one running Leia 18.1.  The update worked perfectly on the 18.0 machine, but it crashes whenever I try to install the update on the 18.1 machine, not sure why.

@Variable! Sorry I had not answered this message.  Were you able to solve it? I only use Kodi on Windows 10, and I am using always the latest nightly (which I guess is Leia 18.2).  The skin works fine on both of my Windows 10 machines.  Perhaps try removing the skin completely and re-installing? if you do that, even though you'll lose any previous configuration of the skin, do not forget to also remove the skin folder from the \userdata\addon_data folder.

Regards,

Bart  

While running Kodi 18.1 (compiled on 17FEB2019, according to the System Info screen), I had been trying to install your Amber skin from a .zip file downloaded from git on March 23rd, while running Spudstuff's amber as the active skin.  This caused Kodi to crash to a black screen and would stay frozen until closing Kodi via alt-F4, and when restarting Kodi, would open back up to Spudstuff's version of Amber which functioned normally as before.  I then tried switching to Estuary as the active skin and installing the Amber zip file, and instead of crashing, I got a "Failed to install" notification pop-up in Estuary.  I then repeated this process with a newer version of your Amber skin from git downloaded on April 3rd with the exact same results.

I then re-downloaded/reinstalled Kodi 18.1 from kodi.tv (which shows the exact same compile date in System Info) and ran through the installer in Windows, as if I were updating to a newer version (even though it was ostensibly the same one) and then, while running Estuary, once again tried to install your April 3rd .zip file, and the update worked successfully.  Not sure where the issue was, but I figured I'd post my experience so perhaps if someone else runs into similar issues, they can see what I did.   Thanks! 
@Variable! , I am not sure what could have caused that behavior, but I am glad you were able to solve it! Thanks for posting the steps you took to do it.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-03, 20:58)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-03, 02:43)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-03, 01:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , I have added ExtendedInfo integration for Movies and TV Shows.  It is now on Git.  There is a new setting in Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced to Enable ExtendedInfo.  Please set that to Yes.

Regards,

Bart   

Shedrock  
@shedrock , thanks for the feedback.  The black dot (it can be a dash depending on the font) is there in the dialog from the ExtendedInfo addon.  I could skin that dialog, but it's a big undertaking that I would rather not take right now.

In terms of the navigation with the actors, what I have found by looking at multiple skins (Estuary, Aeon MQ 8, Aura, Arctic Zephyr 2, Embuary, others) is that they either have one key other than pressing enter (clicking) on the actor image to bring up ExtendedInfo (this is what Estuary does, and what I am doing right now), or they do a lot of code to alter completely the functionality of the cast list and show you a dialog allowing you to choose to search the local library or show Extended Info.  This is because you cannot modify the behavior of onclick for the default cast list in DialogVideoInfo.

I like the approach of showing a dialog, but it's been a little hard for me to follow the code on other skins that can get me there.  I will try some more today, but if it continues to prove difficult (for my skill level), I will leave it as it is now. 

Regards,

Bart 
I appreciate the explanation, but it is not required. I completely understand what you mean. I actually like it the way it is right now, and I really, really look forward to whatever you do next with this great skin.

Shedrock
(2019-04-03, 22:08)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-03, 02:43)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]This is awesome. I just tested it and it works great. Two things though. People may now know that they have to use the down arrow (button) to access the Actor ext. info. I guess it is standard in all other skins to bring up the actor image, then you have to select the highlighted username. You can check it in Aeon MQ and other skins. Either way doesn't matter to me though. Also, there is a small black dot or image present in the Bio box of the actor. Other than that, it is awesome!

Shedrock  

Regards,

Bart  
I appreciate the explanation, but it is not required. I completely understand what you mean. I actually like it the way it is right now, and I really, really look forward to whatever you do next with this great skin.

Shedrock 
Thanks! Smile
(2019-04-03, 02:43)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]This is awesome. I just tested it and it works great. Two things though. People may now know that they have to use the down arrow (button) to access the Actor ext. info. I guess it is standard in all other skins to bring up the actor image, then you have to select the highlighted username. You can check it in Aeon MQ and other skins. Either way doesn't matter to me though. Also, there is a small black dot or image present in the Bio box of the actor. Other than that, it is awesome!

Shedrock  

Regards,

Bart   

Shedrock  
@shedrock , I decided to work on it some more, and I am much happier with the latest version. 

Now you just press Enter (click) on an actor image, and if you have enabled ExtendedInfo in the skin settings, you get a dialog allowing you to choose to search the local library or show extended info.  The same thing happens when you press Enter (click) on the Director name.

Please download from Git, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
The last added date on the right side should be placed somewhere else, because it strips down the series name in many cases and I think the name is more important than the date when the last episode was downloaded.

Original
(2019-04-04, 07:48)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]The last added date on the right side should be placed somewhere else, because it strips down the series name in many cases and I think the name is more important than the date when the last episode was downloaded.

Original

@Merwenus, thanks for your feedback. Do you have your series sorted by added date? When you do, that's when that date appears. Please sort the series by title and let me know if the date is still there. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-03, 23:35)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-03, 20:58)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , thanks for the feedback.  The black dot (it can be a dash depending on the font) is there in the dialog from the ExtendedInfo addon.  I could skin that dialog, but it's a big undertaking that I would rather not take right now.

Regards,

Bart   

Shedrock   
@shedrock , I decided to work on it some more, and I am much happier with the latest version. 

Now you just press Enter (click) on an actor image, and if you have enabled ExtendedInfo in the skin settings, you get a dialog allowing you to choose to search the local library or show extended info.  The same thing happens when you press Enter (click) on the Director name.

Please download from Git, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart 
I tested it and it works great! This method is far better.

Shedrock
I really like your skin!
I have a problem though in the kodi log viewer; I cannot scroll in the window showing the log file entries
Help would be appreciated
Running on Nvidia Shield using 18.2 RC1 GIT:20190403