Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-06-01, 23:58)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]In the movies selection, I have Resently Added Movies on Top and Random Movies underneath. Not all the tiles are filling in the Random Movies. If I select one of them it gives me the title and length like they all do. What configuration am I missing to get them all to fill in.

Thanks

@timmins  Do you have a screenshot to show us better or examples of the movies that having problems?  I have a few movies in my library that are blank, but show the correct title. They are either in a set or a bit obscure, and therefore there isn't any artwork. Have you tried changing the artwork? The image file could also no longer be available or corrupt. I also had images no longer available issues when I refreshed my library, part of the reason I upgraded to 18.7 from 17.6 and added Artwork Beef to handle images.
(2020-06-01, 22:55)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-01, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-01, 21:57)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano, I just noticed one thing using the Tvheadend PVR.

During the recording of a TV program, a red circle is displayed on the logo of the TV channel in the shelves.
Until then it's normal.

By displaying the marks at the bottom right of the TV channel's logo, the red circle is the right size.

On the other hand, by displaying the marks at the top right of the logo of the TV channel, the red circle is larger.

Would it be possible to have the smaller red circle, the same size as when it is at the bottom right ?

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting this.  Since I do not have a true top right image for when a channel is recording, and since channel logos can vary in size, I will leave the recording image in the same position even when you have enabled to show marks in top right.  I will include this change in the next update.

Regards,

Bart  
Which means that the red circle indicating a recording in progress will always be at the bottom right ? Even having activated the display of marks in top right ?
If that's it, that's fine with me.

Thank you @bsoriano.

@Cyberdom, that is correct.

Regards,

Bart
Sorry for the vague title, but there isn't enough space to fit it in. I was having issues with Kodi lately, so I cleared data and started fresh. I noticed after installing Amber addon, and trying to add the video folders from my hard drive to favorites, that the said folders, when clicked on, show up as a root directory. Do I need to delete my favorites and try again? Or is there a setting in the Amber skin I need to adjust?
Thanks in advance,
Nick
Edit:Oops! I went back into my favorites, deleted them, then after having set the hard drive folders  as media, recreated them. Now they work!
Carry on!
Hello all,

I just uploaded versions 3.2.87 (Leia) and 3.3.87 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

Main changes:

1. Fixes to three shelves together and 3 row shelves.  Now the size for 3 row shelves and three shelves together is the same for vertical menu and horizontal menu.  I understand that there is more screen space available when using the vertical menu, but the coding turned out to be too difficult for me to properly show one size for vertical and a different one for horizontal.  This looks like this now for vertical menu:

2. Changed the select dialog to show bigger images when appropriate.  This type of select dialog looks like this now:

As you can see from the above, now a larger image is shown on the left and the list is in the middle.

3. New option to shift the focus of Fanart view to the right.  This is so that for poster icons (think movies, tv shows, sets, etc.), when you enter the view, the focused item is closer to the center of the screen instead of to the left.  You can find the new option here:

When the setting is on, Fanart view with posters will look like this:

As opposed to this, when the setting is off:

4. New option for an alphabet strip which is more friendly for mouse/touch input.  This alphabet strip option requires the addon script.embuary.helper.  The big difference with the current alphabet strip is that in the new one, you have to press/click a letter in the alphabet strip for the list to move to the first item that starts with that letter.  You can find the option here:

And it looks like this:

There are other miscellaneous fixes as well.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-31, 20:24)crazyhands911 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I don't know if this is an issue with Amber @bsoriano  or Artwork Beef @rmrector 

For the images below, I'm in my Anime smartplaylist with Fanart view. I right-click on a show and select the AB: Select Artwork option.
I then choose poster, as I now need to go thru and change my artwork for everything since I finally got my libraries recreated in 18.7 and have AB setup.

My issue is that the images in the AB Selector are so tiny. You can barely see the images, let alone see the actual quality of the images (especially fanart). For my girlfriend's anime collection in particular, the small poster images are problematic. I typically try to go thru and find a poster image of some kind that has the title of the show on and in English because I know I don't have a clue what a show is from just he artwork and for sure not from the japanese characters, lol. So the first screen shot shows you the size of the images in the Selector.

This image shows you the size of the artwork on the fanart view for the playlist. As you can see, you can't read the text in the above image, but it is clearly read in the below image.

I'm really just trying to avoid selecting and deselecting a ton of images to get the one that would work. I plan to go thru my entire media collection, so the faster the better. I have AB setup to download the selected art and delete art that is unselected, so I can at least keep things clean in my files. I originally had AB download all art, but that was overboard and just cluttered my files. I had the issue too where I grabbed a couple of fanarts that looked cool in the small image, but once it loaded, the image was pixelated at fullscale.  Is there a setting or view I need to change in order to see these image previews larger?

I also wondered why AB context items showed up in both the general right-click options, as well as showing up twice if you first select "Manage" on the first set of options. I see no difference between any of the 3 AB: Select Artwork options.

Also Bart, thanks for pointing me in the direction of that mini keyboard. I did a ton of research and came across this iPazzPort with IR Learning. It was about the only one with a similar design that I found that had IR learning so I can hopefully control my Tv and my AV receiver to some degree.
@crazyhands911 , please check out Amber 3.2.87.  I think you will like the change to the select dialog.  Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-29, 15:46)crazyhands911 Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano I just upgraded to 18.7 from 17.6 and I've been testing out different skins to find something with similar functionality as the Titan skin I was using. I've really liked the clean layout and functionality of the Amber skin. I was looking for a skin with custom home features for my smart playlists and a fanart view primarily, so this works great. However, I'm currently running into an issue with the alphabet scroll, which I don't know if it is the functionality or I'm missing a setting to select, but I'm currently unable to click on any of the letters to jump to that letter. The alphabet appear when I scroll and if I move the mouse down they stay up, but I can't click on any letters. For my build, I navigate exclusively with just a mouse, no keyboard interactions. So, is it possible to jump to a letter using only a mouse? Is there a setting to keep the alphabet showing without the need to scroll first? 

I had a couple of other questions of terminology I was hoping somebody could clear up for me as well please.
I wasn't sure what the "press down for gallery" option was for in the sideblade, but it didn't seem to change anything related to that.
The term shelves and what that is actually relating to. I hadn't noticed that term being used in the other skins I've used or played around with.

Is there a particular reason that the video selector is offset to the left vs being centered?  The Titan skin had the center video highlighted to be selected, but all of the newer skins I've been testing out have that left offset, which just seems weird to me. I assume there isn't any option to change that, but thought I'd check. Thanks.
@crazyhands911 , please check out Amber 3.2.87.  I added an option for a more mouse-freiendly alphabet strip.  While you can't get to it just using a mouse, you can press right to get to it and then with the mouse you can click on a letter to jump to that letter.

Also, I have added an option for the fanart view focus to be more centered, starting in the fifth position for posters (this does not apply for music or other square icon items).

Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-05, 00:40)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@crazyhands911 , please check out Amber 3.2.87.  I added an option for a more mouse-freiendly alphabet strip.  While you can't get to it just using a mouse, you can press right to get to it and then with the mouse you can click on a letter to jump to that letter.

Also, I have added an option for the fanart view focus to be more centered, starting in the fifth position for posters (this does not apply for music or other square icon items).

Regards,

Bart
All hail @bsoriano !!!

I ask about a few tweaks and less than a week he has solid fixes for in place. Amazing work Bart!

First, I was surprised that it didn't auto-update. I'm new to the repository stuff. I assumed that by getting the repository from github and having auto-update checked, the skin would update whenever you put out new updates or I could at least force it to update somehow from within Kodi. I just went back to the source and downloaded the zip file for the update and installed from zip. If I should do something differently there, please let me know.

The shift to the right for the Fanart View is perfect after making the change, I had already forgot I was supposed to be testing that, because it just felt so natural to me for it be in that position. So mark that little guy resolved.

Next, the enlarged Artwork selector. This is amazing and exactly what I needed to better assist me with selecting some of those pesky anime poster that have hard to read text to ensure I'm getting an English translated version or even the correct title and not just some other text.  From my quick 5 minute test of the new build, I did notice that some artwork appeared very crisp in the enlarged view, while some artwork seemed very fuzzy, both fanart and posters alike.

I did select a few of the very fuzzy items to see what they looked like after I selected them, and in the Fanart view, they looked fine.

Oddly, if I go back into the artwork selector, the previously fuzzy image that is now set as Current Art looks just fine, but the remote image still looks fuzzy if I go back down the list to the image that I selected.

Oddly, if I go back into the artwork selector, the previously fuzzy image that is now set as Current Art looks just fine, but the remote image still looks fuzzy if I go back down to the image that I selected.

While I can certainly make due, knowing that the image likely is better than previewed, there might be some bugs to be worked out on how they rendered in some instances. Again, not all artwork is fuzzy, only some. Many are perfectly clear and crisp to start with.

Mouse friendly alphabet strip. It gained some functionality, but also lost some. I could previously take my mouse to the bottom of the screen and the alphabet strip would come up and I could hover over the different letters, just not click on any of them. With the tweak you made, I can click on the letter and it will jump there now, but the strip won't appear by simply hovering my mouse at the bottom of the screen. I do have to use a keyboard for the down key for the strip to appear and then I can click on a letter, just like you described in the update notes. Hopefully this won't be much of an issue once I get my iPazzPort keyboard controller with integrated track pad and IR learning in the mail. I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival, as it will greatly assist in navigating Kodi, as well as hopefully removing the need for my TV and AV receiver remotes, if the IR learning function actually works as described.

These will be some great additions to the skin and I really appreciate your openness to look into ideas and try to find ways to improve the skin. Again, let me know if I should be doing something other than watching this thread to get all of the great future updates, or if I'm missing something in the way I installed stuff to get them automatically.
(2020-06-05, 00:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I just uploaded versions 3.2.87 (Leia) and 3.3.87 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.
@bsoriano, I just updated 3.2.87 but I haven't tried everything yet.

In the Fanart view, when we go down to display the gallery, would it be possible to widen a little in the direction of the height the space allocated to the summary of a movie, a TV show, an album or an artist ?

At the moment, there are only 2 lines. It would be nice to have 1 more line.
The ideal would be to have an option to choose what you want to display in this area.
(2020-06-05, 15:36)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]

In the Fanart view, when we go down to display the gallery, would it be possible to widen a little in the direction of the height the space allocated to the summary of a movie, a TV show, an album or an artist ?

The ideal would be to have an option to choose what you want to display in this area. 
@Cyberdom , thanks for your feedback.  I will look into providing more space for the plot.  What were your thoughts in terms of the user choosing what to display there? What would be good options for you?

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-05, 02:12)crazyhands911 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-05, 00:40)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@crazyhands911 , please check out Amber 3.2.87.  I added an option for a more mouse-freiendly alphabet strip.  While you can't get to it just using a mouse, you can press right to get to it and then with the mouse you can click on a letter to jump to that letter.

Regards,

Bart
All hail @bsoriano !!!

I ask about a few tweaks and less than a week he has solid fixes for in place. Amazing work Bart!

First, I was surprised that it didn't auto-update. I'm new to the repository stuff. I assumed that by getting the repository from github and having auto-update checked, the skin would update whenever you put out new updates or I could at least force it to update somehow from within Kodi. I just went back to the source and downloaded the zip file for the update and installed from zip. If I should do something differently there, please let me know.

The shift to the right for the Fanart View is perfect after making the change, I had already forgot I was supposed to be testing that, because it just felt so natural to me for it be in that position. So mark that little guy resolved.

Next, the enlarged Artwork selector. This is amazing and exactly what I needed to better assist me with selecting some of those pesky anime poster that have hard to read text to ensure I'm getting an English translated version or even the correct title and not just some other text.  From my quick 5 minute test of the new build, I did notice that some artwork appeared very crisp in the enlarged view, while some artwork seemed very fuzzy, both fanart and posters alike.

I did select a few of the very fuzzy items to see what they looked like after I selected them, and in the Fanart view, they looked fine.

Oddly, if I go back into the artwork selector, the previously fuzzy image that is now set as Current Art looks just fine, but the remote image still looks fuzzy if I go back down the list to the image that I selected.

Oddly, if I go back into the artwork selector, the previously fuzzy image that is now set as Current Art looks just fine, but the remote image still looks fuzzy if I go back down to the image that I selected.

While I can certainly make due, knowing that the image likely is better than previewed, there might be some bugs to be worked out on how they rendered in some instances. Again, not all artwork is fuzzy, only some. Many are perfectly clear and crisp to start with.

Mouse friendly alphabet strip. It gained some functionality, but also lost some. I could previously take my mouse to the bottom of the screen and the alphabet strip would come up and I could hover over the different letters, just not click on any of them. With the tweak you made, I can click on the letter and it will jump there now, but the strip won't appear by simply hovering my mouse at the bottom of the screen. I do have to use a keyboard for the down key for the strip to appear and then I can click on a letter, just like you described in the update notes. Hopefully this won't be much of an issue once I get my iPazzPort keyboard controller with integrated track pad and IR learning in the mail. I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival, as it will greatly assist in navigating Kodi, as well as hopefully removing the need for my TV and AV receiver remotes, if the IR learning function actually works as described.

These will be some great additions to the skin and I really appreciate your openness to look into ideas and try to find ways to improve the skin. Again, let me know if I should be doing something other than watching this thread to get all of the great future updates, or if I'm missing something in the way I installed stuff to get them automatically. 
@crazyhands911 , thank you! Smile

The issue with the fuzzy icons seems to be a Kodi one, I verified and it happens in other skins as well.  So there is nothing I can do about that at this time.

I hear you with the new alphabet strip option.  I will see if I can make it appear when you hover with your mouse on the far right or at the bottom.  I am not sure that I can accomplish that, so no promises.

In terms of updates, just make sure that the Amber repo is set to auto-update.  And also set the skin itself to auto-update.  With that, you should be getting updates automatically when I upload them to the Amber repo.  I know that sometimes you have to force-update a repo in order for a change to appear.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-05, 21:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-05, 15:36)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]

@Cyberdom , thanks for your feedback.  I will look into providing more space for the plot.  What were your thoughts in terms of the user choosing what to display there? What would be good options for you?

Regards,

Bart  
@bsoriano, to leave more room for the summary, I thought of an option allowing to choose to display or not:
- The line with duration.
- The line with info on audio tracks and subtitles.
- The line with genres.
- The line with the flags.

Or, enlarge the height of the gallery frame.
(2020-06-05, 22:48)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-05, 21:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-05, 15:36)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano, I just updated 3.2.87 but I haven't tried everything yet.

Regards,

Bart   
@bsoriano, to leave more room for the summary, I thought of an option allowing to choose to display or not:
- The line with duration.
- The line with info on audio tracks and subtitles.
- The line with genres.
- The line with the flags.

Or, enlarge the height of the gallery frame. 
@Cyberdom , thanks.  I will look into this tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart

Regards,

Bart
@crazyhands911 , check out the latest from GitHub (these changes are not in the Amber repo yet).  I think I managed what you were looking for with the new alphabet strip.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-06, 00:16)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart
@crazyhands911 , check out the latest from GitHub (these changes are not in the Amber repo yet).  I think I managed what you were looking for with the new alphabet strip.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano  I'm getting an xbmc.gui version 5.15.0 dependency error and Amber is not updated.
(2020-06-06, 18:08)crazyhands911 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-06, 00:16)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-05, 02:12)crazyhands911 Wrote: [ -> ]Mouse friendly alphabet strip. It gained some functionality, but also lost some. I could previously take my mouse to the bottom of the screen and the alphabet strip would come up and I could hover over the different letters, just not click on any of them. With the tweak you made, I can click on the letter and it will jump there now, but the strip won't appear by simply hovering my mouse at the bottom of the screen. I do have to use a keyboard for the down key for the strip to appear and then I can click on a letter, just like you described in the update notes. Hopefully this won't be much of an issue once I get my iPazzPort keyboard controller with integrated track pad and IR learning in the mail. I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival, as it will greatly assist in navigating Kodi, as well as hopefully removing the need for my TV and AV receiver remotes, if the IR learning function actually works as described.

Regards,

Bart 
@bsoriano  I'm getting an xbmc.gui version 5.15.0 dependency error and Amber is not updated. 
@crazyhands911 , please remember to download from the Leia branch.  Master branch is Matrix only.  Thanks.

If you want, just update the repo.  I just pushed version 3.2.88 to the Amber repo.

Regards,

Bart