Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-06-13, 00:05)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I hope all is well with you. I just noticed my YouTube widgets are no longer square, but are now poster size. Is there a way to get it back to the square images, like the music widget? It would be great if it was poster size for the music vids like I suggested, but it looks odd with the YT channel widgets.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thank you for pointing this out! I removed something I should not have removed.  Could you please download and test the latest from GitHub, Leia branch? And please confirm that it is indeed fixed? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-13, 00:31)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-13, 00:05)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Shedrock
@shedrock , thank you for pointing this out! I removed something I should not have removed.  Could you please download and test the latest from GitHub, Leia branch? And please confirm that it is indeed fixed? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
It seems to be working as it should. However, it seems like the following issue has returned with the very small posters using the 3 shelves option.

Regards,

Shedrock
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.92 for Leia and 3.3.92 for Matrix, to GitHub and the Amber repos.

First of all, please accept my apologies if you were auto-updated to versions 3.2.89, 3.2.90 or 3.2.91 and then you found out that the Addon Browser did not work, it just showed the background and the top bar.  I missed a file I needed to include.  I have included it in version 3.2.92.  Thanks.

Now for the main changes in this new version:

1. New View Selector/Configurator.  Thanks to @jurialmunkey  and his new addon script.skinvariables, there is a new option in Amber to use a new media views selector/configurator.  This is very powerful, as it allows you to set which view you want to have for each type of content for the library, and for addons.  This will effectively "lock" that view for that content type.  It also allows for specifying that you want a specific view for a particular type of content in a specific addon.

You can find the setting here:

If you enable the setting, then you will have the option of configuring the views, which looks like this:

As you can see from the above, you can choose what viewtype will be used for which content.  The currently selected view is what is in parenthesis.  So, if you wanted to change what viewtype you always (until the next time you change it) want to view episodes in the library, and you press enter on that (as shown in the screenshot), you now get a very nice, graphical viewtype selector:

Again, you can set the view for each content type, both for the library, and for addons.  You can also set it for a specific addon and content type.  For example, if you wanted to have videos from the YouTube addon always use the Icons viewtype, you can, in the view configuration list, go to Add Plugin View:

Select YouTube from the list of plugins:

And then select the content type you want to set the view for:

And then select the viewtype you want:

The result would be this:

And it would stay that way until you choose to change the viewtype.  The new selector/configurator also supports resetting all views for the library and for all addons.

IMPORTANT: Amber version 3.2.92 includes a pre-defined view configuration in which all viewtypes are allowed for all content types, and the default is List View.

You need the addon script.skinvariables for this new functionality.  You can download it from jurialmunkey's GitHub: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/script.skinvariables.  As far as I know, the addon is not in the Kodi repo yet.

This new functionality is optional, you do not have to use it.  If you would like to use it, please install the addon first, enable it, and then activate the Amber setting to use the new view selector.

Given the flexibility and power of this addon, the functionality to set a default view in Amber has been removed.  I would rather not maintain functionality that is already available (and better!) through the addon.

2. Three-Row Shelves and Three Shelves Together with Larger Icons for Vertical Menu.  Now there is a new option, for the vertical menu, to show three-row shelves and three shelves together with larger icons.  You can find the setting here:

Please not the following:

a. This does not require enabling "three shelves together" for it to work.  You can have a single shelf which is a triple row shelf with the larger icons.

b. This only works with the vertical menu, there is just not enough screen space in the horizontal menu.  If you enable this, and then switch to the horizontal menu, the shelf will not look good, parts of it will not be visible. Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to automatically adjust the size if you change to the horizontal menu, so please disablee this setting before switching to the horizontal menu.

c. This only works if you do not have statistics line enabled, or if you have the statitstics line on the shelves.

The result, for 3 shelves together, and larger icons, looks like this:

As you can see, there are three labels at the top, which correspond to the three shelves being shown: The leftmost label corresponds to the top shelf (shelf 3), the miiddle label corresponds to the middle shelf (shelf 2) and the rightmost label corresponds to the bottom shelf (shelf 1).  Navigation is the same, you press Up to move from shelf 1 to shelf 2, etc.

These were big changes, so please test thoroughly and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-13, 00:46)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-13, 00:31)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-13, 00:05)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Shedrock

Regards,

Bart
It seems to be working as it should. However, it seems like the following issue has returned with the very small posters using the 3 shelves option.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thank you! The issue I am having is that skin.helper.service.widgets, the addon you are using for the In Progress TV Shows, does not set the content type correctly to TV Shows, it sets it to videos.  So it is difficult to set the correct icon aspect automatically.

The best solution would be for the addon to set the content correctly, but I don't know that it will happen since that addon is not being maintained regularly.  Have you tried using the default shelf for tv shows, in progress shows? Do you see results differently from the ones provided by skin.helper.service.widgets? If you look at this next screenshot, you will see that the results are the same, you just need to sort the default in progress tv shows by lastplayed, descending.

In the screenshot, the top shelf is the one from skin.helper.service.widgets; the middle one is the default in progress tv shows shelf, sorted by lastplayed descending:

Please let me know if using the default shelf would work for you.  If not, I can either put it back to what I had earlier today that showed the YouTube channels as posters (YouTube correctly sets the content type to videos), or you would have to wait until I can figure out another solution.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Ok, I will try that now and report back.

UPDATE: I'll have to try it out tomorrow Bart. I understand what you're saying. It is just hard for me to test on my Windows temp setup because the TV Shows that are in progress don't really line up with what's on my LE setup, and my wife would go nuts if stop to test it now. Big Grin I will report back tomorrow. I've also checked the new features with setting (locking) the views, and it seems fine, a bit overwhelming at first,but I think people will get the hang of it. I'm a slow learner. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock
@bsoriano - I just noticed a minor bug in the Music Videos view options, which you will see in the pic I've attached.

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2020-06-13, 02:15)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - I just noticed a minor bug in the Music Videos view options, which you will see in the pic I've attached.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for pointing this out, I had not noticed.  I fixed it and will include the fix in the next skin update.  Or, you can download the latest from GitHub, Leia branch.  The fix is already on GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-12, 18:50)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-09, 11:31)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-01, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting this.  Since I do not have a true top right image for when a channel is recording, and since channel logos can vary in size, I will leave the recording image in the same position even when you have enabled to show marks in top right.  I will include this change in the next update.

Regards,

Bart    
@bsoriano, it's good, the red circle is the right size again.
In the shelf of TV recordings, it is displayed at the bottom right of a recording in progress.

On the other hand, since the update 3.2.88, I noticed a problem on the shelf of the recordings of TV programs. The "Unwatched", "In progress" and "Watched" marks no longer appear.
Is this normal ?  
@Cyberdom , my apologies for the late reply.  I will fix that.  For Recordings, the marks will appear on the bottom right, just like with the red recording circle, even if the setting to show top marks on the right is active.  I think it looks better this way, since a lot of times tv channel icons have transparent backgrounds, which make the top right marks look bad.  I will include this in the next update to the skin.

Regards,

Bart  
Thank you @bsoriano.

I just gave it a try and the marks are back.
(2020-06-13, 17:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-13, 02:15)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ] 
@shedrock , thanks for pointing this out, I had not noticed.  I fixed it and will include the fix in the next skin update.  Or, you can download the latest from GitHub, Leia branch.  The fix is already on GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you Bart, that fixed the problem. I did notice something though. There are some disadvantages to using the skinvariables. For instance if I set a particular view for TV Shows Icons > Banners. This view is also set for my Videos > Files view, which is normally set to Video > Files (List view). If I change it, then it changes my TV Shows Icons (banner) view as well. I guess these are the limitations of the addon. I like the fact that it locks the view, especially in all my YouTube channels, but I may have to stick to the default Amber views instead Sad

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-06-14, 00:42)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-13, 17:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-13, 02:15)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ] 

Regards,

Bart
Thank you Bart, that fixed the problem. I did notice something though. There are some disadvantages to using the skinvariables. For instance if I set a particular view for TV Shows Icons > Banners. This view is also set for my Videos > Files view, which is normally set to Video > Files (List view). If I change it, then it changes my TV Shows Icons (banner) view as well. I guess these are the limitations of the addon. I like the fact that it locks the view, especially in all my YouTube channels, but I may have to stick to the default Amber views instead Sad

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for confirming that the problem was fixed.  The issue you mention with skinvariables should not happen.  To see if I understood correctly, you will see that in the following screenshots, I configured files and videos in the library to use List view, and TV Shows in the library to use Icons view:

And the results I get are these:

Obviously, I activated the banners option for the Icons view for tv shows.

So, is there something I misunderstood in the issue you mention? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-14, 00:58)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously, I activated the banners option for the Icons view for tv shows.

So, is there something I misunderstood in the issue you mention? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi again Bart,

Please look at the video I made. You will see what I mean step by step.

Link: https://youtu.be/aZVt1Pvg5u8

BTW: I've also noticed recently that there is a lag when the widgets are loading every time I come out of the media views. This wasn't the case a few versions back. I thought it was my library just being large, but even today I did a test installation with LE 9.2.3 and just 40 TV Shows and it was still lagging a bit.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-06-14, 01:25)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-14, 00:58)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously, I activated the banners option for the Icons view for tv shows.

Regards,

Bart

Hi again Bart,

Please look at the video I made. You will see what I mean step by step.

Link: https://youtu.be/aZVt1Pvg5u8

BTW: I've also noticed recently that there is a lag when the widgets are loading every time I come out of the media views. This wasn't the case a few versions back. I thought it was my library just being large, but even today I did a test installation with LE 9.2.3 and just 40 TV Shows and it was still lagging a bit.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, thanks for the video. The behavior is correct; once you enter one of your video folders the content is not files anymore, it is TV shows, so the selected view for TV shows will apply.

About the lag you have noticed, can you also please make a video? Does it happen with all widgets or just specific ones? Two Shelves Together or Three shelves together? Three rows with larger icons? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-14, 01:32)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]About the lag you have noticed, can you also please make a video? Does it happen with all widgets or just specific ones? Two Shelves Together or Three shelves together? Three rows with larger icons? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Quote:The behavior is correct; once you enter one of your video folders the content is not files anymore, it is TV shows, so the selected view for TV shows will apply.

Then it is better for me to just use the default Amber setup because it is confusing to view it the way it is now, after so many years. It would have been great if there was another option. Anyway, I  might try another view mode to see if I am comfortable with it. As for the lag, it is usually on my TV Show Home menu widgets, but I will have to check it later on tonight. I still want to test it to be absolutely sure, rather than to waste your time. Big Grin

Thanks again Bart,

Shedrock
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I think the widget loading issue could be on my side, but when I use just an older version of Amber without all the new changes, it just loads much faster. The thing is though, once I enter into the media views and come back out to the main menu, everything is just there, so there isn't really a delay. However, when I reboot, the widgets do take a few seconds to load, whereas they didn't on older versions. I guess this is to be expected?

I also just wanted to point out to you that the currently selected album is not centered as you can see on the attached image. It is no big deal, but I wanted you to know. I can change it, but I would prefer if the change came from you, rather that I have to keep backing up that file after each update.

Regards,

Shedrock
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart, I haven't been around much lately but the work you have been doing to the skin looks great !!!

There is 1 thing I am struggling with however.

As you know I use Plex Kodi Connect.

When using the default kodi skin ( Estuary ) the actor images take a second or 2 to load the first time they are displayed but after this they display instantly, I assume they get cached.

But when using amber they don't seem to get cached and they always take a second or two to load up even if you looked at them a minute ago.

Is there anything you can do about this.

Thanks in advance.