Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-07-03, 18:34)zorg2000k Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano  thanks for the colour change Bart , looks great now. I'm a big music fan so those wee small tweak's make all the difference to me,

Amazing how quickly you took on board comments and applied.
@zorg2000k , thank you for your kind words.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have just uploaded versions 3.2.97 (Leia) and 3.3.97 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

There are just a few changes in this version:

1. Fix for the menu build issue that was reported yesterday.

2. Fixes for Music in Fanart View.  In the info panel, the textbox for album review/artist bio is a little larger now.  Also, made some color corrections to labels on info panel which make the view more consistent with the rest of the skin.  Thank you @zorg2000k and @treboR2Robert for your requests and suggestions.

Artists look like this now:

And albums look like this:

3. The choices for Shelves Position, Shelf Sort Method, Shelf Sort Order and Shelf Item Limit in the menu configuration dialog have been properly localized.  Thank you @Cyberdom for your requests.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-03, 14:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-03, 05:49)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get the extrafanart to display. What setting am I missing?
@Edworld , Amber does not use addons to show extra fanart, so you need to have the extra fanart (fanart1, fanart2, fanart3, etc.) scraped/loaded into your db.  Amber supports up to 20 fanarts.  Make sure you have these options set to Yes (Show Fanart Background on Sub Windows and Show Extrafanart if available), as in this screenshot:

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for your help, but I wasn't able to make it work. I scrape my movies with MC and the extrafanart folder is created by MC. The fanart is saved as fanart0 all the way up to fanart9. I will continue to try...
(2020-07-04, 01:11)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-03, 14:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-03, 05:49)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get the extrafanart to display. What setting am I missing?
@Edworld , Amber does not use addons to show extra fanart, so you need to have the extra fanart (fanart1, fanart2, fanart3, etc.) scraped/loaded into your db.  Amber supports up to 20 fanarts.  Make sure you have these options set to Yes (Show Fanart Background on Sub Windows and Show Extrafanart if available), as in this screenshot:

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for your help, but I wasn't able to make it work. I scrape my movies with MC and the extrafanart folder is created by MC. The fanart is saved as fanart0 all the way up to fanart9. I will continue to try...

@Edworld, did you look at the advancedsettings.xml info I put in my previous post? I also scrape my movies with MC.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-04, 03:43)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-04, 01:11)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-03, 14:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Edworld , Amber does not use addons to show extra fanart, so you need to have the extra fanart (fanart1, fanart2, fanart3, etc.) scraped/loaded into your db.  Amber supports up to 20 fanarts.  Make sure you have these options set to Yes (Show Fanart Background on Sub Windows and Show Extrafanart if available), as in this screenshot:

Regards,

Bart

@Edworld, did you look at the advancedsettings.xml info I put in my previous post? I also scrape my movies with MC.

Regards,

Bart
I did. I even changed your advanced settings to start with fanart0 and nothing happened. I am having similar issues with arctic horizon...
(2020-07-04, 03:46)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-04, 03:43)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-04, 01:11)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your help, but I wasn't able to make it work. I scrape my movies with MC and the extrafanart folder is created by MC. The fanart is saved as fanart0 all the way up to fanart9. I will continue to try...

Regards,

Bart
I did. I even changed your advanced settings to start with fanart0 and nothing happened. I am having similar issues with arctic horizon...

The only other thing I can think of is that I also use Artwork Beef to keep the art updated and to load the art into Kodi's artwork cache. You can tell AB that the extra fanart is in an extrafanart folder, where MC places it. Do you use AB?
(2020-07-04, 03:49)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-04, 03:46)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-04, 03:43)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Edworld, did you look at the advancedsettings.xml info I put in my previous post? I also scrape my movies with MC.

Regards,

Bart

The only other thing I can think of is that I also use Artwork Beef to keep the art updated and to load the art into Kodi's artwork cache. You can tell AB that the extra fanart is in an extrafanart folder, where MC places it. Do you use AB?
I don't use Artwork Beef but was using artwork helper to get fanart to show in arctic horizon. Artwork helper is no longer available in Rector's repo, so it is possible that by not using Artwork Beef is causing the issue.
@bsoriano - Hey Bart,

I updated to the latest version but I don't know if it is something you missed, or if it was a new feature. Please have a look at the screenshots below and you will see that my Music and Addon widget views are now in "Poster" mode instead of the square thumbnail view.

ImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-07-04, 12:03)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hey Bart,

I updated to the latest version but I don't know if it is something you missed, or if it was a new feature. Please have a look at the screenshots below and you will see that my Music and Addon widget views are now in "Poster" mode instead of the square thumbnail view.

ImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock

The latest update gives a choice either poster or square.
(2020-07-04, 12:06)derrgoo123 Wrote: [ -> ]The latest update gives a choice either poster or square.
I am obviously missing something. Where is this option in the Menu settings?

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2020-07-04, 12:15)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-04, 12:06)derrgoo123 Wrote: [ -> ]The latest update gives a choice either poster or square.
I am obviously missing something. Where is this option in the Menu settings?

Thanks,

Shedrock
version 3.2.97

Click on shelf - Artwork type either square or poster. Also new label on or off as well.
(2020-07-04, 12:18)derrgoo123 Wrote: [ -> ]Click on shelf - Artwork type either square or poster. Also new label on or off as well.
I actually found it. That's in an odd place when you already have your widget shelves setup. I would not have thought to go in to the Menu item > then Shelf. I figured it would have been located in the actual menu setup area. Anyway, it doesn't matter now that I've found it. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction @derrgoo123.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-07-04, 12:29)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-04, 12:18)derrgoo123 Wrote: [ -> ]Click on shelf - Artwork type either square or poster. Also new label on or off as well.
I actually found it. That's in an odd place when you already have your widget shelves setup. I would not have thought to go in to the Menu item > then Shelf. I figured it would have been located in the actual menu setup area. Anyway, it doesn't matter now that I've found it. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction @derrgoo123.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, my apologies for the disruption to your existing widgets. I should have mentioned in my post that the default artwork is Poster. I have no way of knowing beforehand what are the widgets you have already configured, and Amber no longer chooses an artwork type for you for dynamic widgets.

On another note, were you able to switch your music video widgets to poster like you wanted?

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-04, 13:19)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, my apologies for the disruption to your existing widgets. I should have mentioned in my post that the default artwork is Poster. I have no way of knowing beforehand what are the widgets you have already configured, and Amber no longer chooses an artwork type for you for dynamic widgets.

On another note, were you able to switch your music video widgets to poster like you wanted?

Regards,

Bart
No need to apologize Bart. I only had to change a few of them, so it wasn't a big deal. I am just delighted to now be able to have the Poster view for the Music Videos. Big Grin - Thank you once again for your ongoing dedication and hard work to the skin. I really appreciate it. Nod

Regards,

Shedrock
Hello
Amber is the best. Thanks for maintaining it. I have one problem to report: long titles stop scrolling in title bar when media is playing. They just  keep moving slightly as if hitting an invisible wall. They scroll when media is stopped or paused.
Is there a fix for this?
Regards
Jim