Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-04-05, 23:32)spudstuff Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bsoriano !

I tried out your latest release from Git and found a few minor problems in parts of Kodi I don't normally look at. None of these are showstoppers.

1. When adding a source to the Music Library, this dialog has buttons that overflow the edges of the dialog:

If you need to know, the SETTINGS button opens this dialog:

2. The currently playing song from the music library is not visible within Album Information. For example, I'm currently playing track 09 here. You can move the selection over to track 09 and it will highlight correctly, but the default view when not highlighted isn't visible:

3. The Quit menu isn't honouring the setting for where the Settings menu should display (Home Menu and Quit Menu / Home Menu Only / Quit Menu Only). It always displays on the Quit menu regardless of choice:

ImageImage

I tracked this down to line 130 in DialogButtonMenu.xml:
xml:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(QuitMenu_Hide_Settings) | [Skin.HasSetting(QuitMenu_Hide_Settings) + Skin.HasSetting(SettingsLocation.Quit)]</visible>

Which should read (and works for me):
xml:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(QuitMenu_Hide_Settings) + [Skin.HasSetting(SettingsLocation.All) | Skin.HasSetting(SettingsLocation.Quit)]</visible>

Cheers!
@spudstuff , thanks for your detailed feedback.  I will look into those issues and hopefully fix this weekend!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-05, 18:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-05, 03:44)Draega Wrote: [ -> ]Hi bsoriano. First I want to say again much thanks for all the work you have put into Amber. Much appreciated. This issue seems to have popped up a few updates ago. Sorry I'm not sure exactly after which one. I have noticed what I think is a bug. Using IPTV Simple Client when you hit ok or enter to bring up the I think is called the OSD none of the controls are selectable. So you can't get to the gear icon to go into settings or select any of the buttons. Also using an older version of the skin when you hit info it shows you currently playing and next info from the guide and that is gone as well.  Thanks again for all the work you are doing on this awesome skin!  Blush

@Draega , my apologies, the issues were caused by a silly mistake on my part.  They should all now be fixed on Git.  Please download, test, and let me know if there are any more issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   
Hi Bart,

Thanks for the quick fix. It's all working perfectly now.  Smile
(2019-04-04, 14:17)eljejer Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add volume control in the media playback OSD?
Well, I will answer my own question then Big Grin I managed to have volume control with the Shield TV Remote in Music OSD with the help of the Keymap Editor add-on.
(2019-04-07, 18:38)eljejer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-04, 14:17)eljejer Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add volume control in the media playback OSD?
Well, I will answer my own question then Big Grin I managed to have volume control with the Shield TV Remote in Music OSD with the help of the Keymap Editor add-on.

@eljejer, thank you for posting your solution! Sorry this is something I have not had a chance to look at.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-05, 23:32)spudstuff Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bsoriano !

I tried out your latest release from Git and found a few minor problems in parts of Kodi I don't normally look at. None of these are showstoppers.

1. When adding a source to the Music Library, this dialog has buttons that overflow the edges of the dialog:

If you need to know, the SETTINGS button opens this dialog:

2. The currently playing song from the music library is not visible within Album Information. For example, I'm currently playing track 09 here. You can move the selection over to track 09 and it will highlight correctly, but the default view when not highlighted isn't visible:

3. The Quit menu isn't honouring the setting for where the Settings menu should display (Home Menu and Quit Menu / Home Menu Only / Quit Menu Only). It always displays on the Quit menu regardless of choice:

ImageImage

I tracked this down to line 130 in DialogButtonMenu.xml:
xml:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(QuitMenu_Hide_Settings) | [Skin.HasSetting(QuitMenu_Hide_Settings) + Skin.HasSetting(SettingsLocation.Quit)]</visible>

Which should read (and works for me):
xml:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(QuitMenu_Hide_Settings) + [Skin.HasSetting(SettingsLocation.All) | Skin.HasSetting(SettingsLocation.Quit)]</visible>

Cheers!

@spudstuff , all the issues should be fixed now on Git. Please download, test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-08, 01:39)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@spudstuff , all the issues should be fixed now on Git. Please download, test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

Working perfectly mate, all issues fixed. Thanks very much !
Hello all,

New version on Git.  The main change is that I have started to provide the ability to choose what will be the startup main menu option.  You will find that each one of the standard main menu options (not the custom ones yet) now have an additional setting that can be enabled in Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout.  it looks like this:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFiMN9AGpVyg7Fn1GEZQ

In that screenshot, you can see that for Videos, in the right panel there is an option "Make Startup Menu Option".  When you set it to Yes, in this case, Videos will be the main menu option the skin starts in.  I have tested this with all the standard menu items. 

If you disable a main menu item that was set as the startup menu option, the setting will be cleared.  

There is just one "quirk" to the way I found to implement this.  When you set a main menu item to be the startup menu option, EVERY time that you go back to the home window (main menu), the menu will position itself on that option, not only when Kodi starts or when you reload the skin.  In my opinion, this is a small price to pay for having this functionality.

As I mentioned, this does not work on custom menu items yet.  I wanted you all to have the ability to start testing this functionality and let me know what you think.  As always, I appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Bart

NOTE: Right now, English is the only language that will show the new strings and messages.  I don't think the skin is on Transifex anymore, so I appreciate any of you who wants to provide an updated translation.  You can post the file here and I will upoad to Git.
From a quick test, seems to work as described just fine (although doing it every time you return to the main menu does feel a little awkward).

One other thing I notice is that the fixed games menu item is last on the list (after quit). It would probably be nicer if it could be moved up the list a bit, at least to before quit and settings. Seems rather lost down there at the bottom.

Also I'm not sure having the "menu disabled/enabled" item in the right hand pane (above where the startup menu option item is) is really needed, as you can enable/disable by selecting in the centre pane anyway? Or is it just belt & braces style?
(2019-04-09, 21:21)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]From a quick test, seems to work as described just fine (although doing it every time you return to the main menu does feel a little awkward).

One other thing I notice is that the fixed games menu item is last on the list (after quit). It would probably be nicer if it could be moved up the list a bit, at least to before quit and settings. Seems rather lost down there at the bottom.

Also I'm not sure having the "menu disabled/enabled" item in the right hand pane (above where the startup menu option item is) is really needed, as you can enable/disable by selecting in the centre pane anyway? Or is it just belt & braces style?
@DarrenHill , thanks for your quick feedback!

You are correct, it is a bit awkward, but with my limited skills this is the one way I found to do this without rewriting the whole menu system, which I don't want to do.  If more of you prefer not to have the functionality implemented this way, I will make the functionality optional (add a setting to enable/disable it).

I will move the Games menu item further up the list.  In fact, since you are the first one to point this out, could you please provide me the order you would like to see the menu items in? I was already thinking of changing the current order, and would appreciate feedback on what makes the most sense.

Finally, you are correct, the "menu disabled/enabled" item on the right panel is not needed.  I just never removed it.  Once I have a final version of this functionality, I will remove it.

Again, thanks for responding so quickly!

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - thanks Smile Personally I would probably shift Games all the way to the top of the list (or at least just below default). Then also maybe move Quit (and maybe settings) right to the bottom, or perhaps with one user configurable one only below it? It's all quite cosmetic, especially as the menu wraps anyway, but that's how I'd do it.

I think having the default startup menu functionality is fine to keep in as it's optional. I'm just sure if it does then new users who do use it will probably report it as a bug (I'm getting to know the mindset of our user base fairly well Wink ). I think this functionality is in some other skins, so maybe another skilled skinner could give you a pointer or two?
(2019-04-09, 21:44)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - thanks Smile Personally I would probably shift Games all the way to the top of the list (or at least just below default). Then also maybe move Quit (and maybe settings) right to the bottom, or perhaps with one user configurable one only below it? It's all quite cosmetic, especially as the menu wraps anyway, but that's how I'd do it.

I think having the default startup menu functionality is fine to keep in as it's optional. I'm just sure if it does then new users who do use it will probably report it as a bug (I'm getting to know the mindset of our user base fairly well Wink ). I think this functionality is in some other skins, so maybe another skilled skinner could give you a pointer or two?
@DarrenHill , thanks again.  I will look into the order you suggest.

If you can point me to a skin that has the functionality I will greatly appreciate it! I have looked, for example, at Xonfluence, and to do it in a similar fashion would involve rewriting the menu system.  Do you recall any others I can look at? All of the ones I have seen that allow you to choose the order and configuration of the menu/submenu (using skinshortcuts) do not allow you to choose in which menu option the skin starts in.

In any case, I will ask in the Skinning thread for pointers as well Smile

Regards,

Bart
It was Xonfluence I was thinking of, so asking in the skinning forum is your best bet
Thanks for making it possible to start kodi on my favorite menu item (music in my case; I mostly use kodi as music player).
Speaking of music, would it be possible to incorporate showing fanart ¨clearlogo.png¨ in playback? I really liked this in another skin.
(2019-04-09, 21:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]There is just one "quirk" to the way I found to implement this.  When you set a main menu item to be the startup menu option, EVERY time that you go back to the home window (main menu), the menu will position itself on that option, not only when Kodi starts or when you reload the skin.  In my opinion, this is a small price to pay for having this functionality.

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the default menu startup option work. I have noticed prior to this Amber would mostly startup on Addons for me, which was annoying because I'd prefer Movies to be the default startup option.

However I think the quirk you mentioned above is significantly more of a problem for anyone using shelf items.

For example, if you're looking at the shelf for Movies and you move "up" from the Movies menu option into the shelf, that is all OK. But when you move from a shelf item "down" back to the Movies menu option, it switches to the startup default option (in my test case Music).

It makes navigation from the shelf items to the main menu for that shelf very cumbersome I'm afraid.

Thanks for the effort to date!
(2019-04-10, 15:51)spudstuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-04-09, 21:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]There is just one "quirk" to the way I found to implement this.  When you set a main menu item to be the startup menu option, EVERY time that you go back to the home window (main menu), the menu will position itself on that option, not only when Kodi starts or when you reload the skin.  In my opinion, this is a small price to pay for having this functionality.

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the default menu startup option work. I have noticed prior to this Amber would mostly startup on Addons for me, which was annoying because I'd prefer Movies to be the default startup option.

However I think the quirk you mentioned above is significantly more of a problem for anyone using shelf items.

For example, if you're looking at the shelf for Movies and you move "up" from the Movies menu option into the shelf, that is all OK. But when you move from a shelf item "down" back to the Movies menu option, it switches to the startup default option (in my test case Music).

It makes navigation from the shelf items to the main menu for that shelf very cumbersome I'm afraid.

Thanks for the effort to date! 
I noticed this as well. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. Big Grin