Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I have uploaded version 3.2.105 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repo for Leia.

The main change is

1. Add option to show seek bar at the bottom.  Now Amber provides the option to show the seek bar at the bottom instead of the top.  The new option can be found here:

And it looks like this when you are just seeking on a video file:

And like this when you press the menu key while playing a tv show or movie:

It is important to note that if you press i (info) while playing a video file, and you have the option enabled to show the seek bar at the bottom, it will not be shown at the bottom, since it would clash with the information of plot and/or cast being shown.  In this case, the seek bar will still be shown at the top, like here:

As usual, please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-15, 00:39)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

The main change is

1. Add option to show seek bar at the bottom.  Now Amber provides the option to show the seek bar at the bottom instead of the top.  The new option can be found here:

Thank you for this new feature.

Here is the French translation to put in the next update :
"Show seek bar at bottom" : "Afficher la barre temporelle en bas"
(2020-10-16, 15:17)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-15, 00:39)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

The main change is

Thank you for this new feature.

@Cyberdom , thanks! I will include in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Cyberdom , I am missing the French translation for the following strings:

1. Thumb
2. Landscape
3. Clear Logo
4. Clear Art
5. Disc Art
6. Character Art
7. TV Show Status
8. Number of Episodes
9. Number of Watched Episodes
10. Enable Label Scrolling
11. Show Text under artwork

The first 6 are the different widget artwork types.  Number 10 refers to having long labels scroll in widget titles, and number 11 to showing text under the artwork in widgets, for square widgets.
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I meant to mention to you a few days ago that I had found some other issues with the skin. They are as follows.

If I try to install for example a Context Menu addon such as TRAKT - Contextmenu, I see the install button, but nowhere to click on "OK". Now, this does not happen all the time. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. When that happens, I usually have to switch to another skin temporarily in order for it to work. Also, when I get it to work, it does not show up in the Contextmenu. I tested it with Aeon MQ7 and the TRAKT option is visible, even though that appears to be broken, which is a whole other issue. Anyway, please let me know if you understand what I am trying to explain. If not, I will try to make a small video, or take some screen shots.

EDIT: It appears that I can simply install the TRAKT - CONTEXTMENU feature and it does indeed bring up the track menu. However, the attached image shows that there is no background color to the popup box.

Regards,

Shedrock
Dunno if this is amber related issue but rotten tomatoes rating stopped working :/

Okay installed older version of amber and still wont get RT ratings so its not skin related issue.
(2020-10-16, 17:32)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I meant to mention to you a few days ago that I had found some other issues with the skin. They are as follows.

If I try to install for example a Context Menu addon such as TRAKT - Contextmenu, I see the install button, but nowhere to click on "OK". Now, this does not happen all the time. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. When that happens, I usually have to switch to another skin temporarily in order for it to work. Also, when I get it to work, it does not show up in the Contextmenu. I tested it with Aeon MQ7 and the TRAKT option is visible, even though that appears to be broken, which is a whole other issue. Anyway, please let me know if you understand what I am trying to explain. If not, I will try to make a small video, or take some screen shots.

EDIT: It appears that I can simply install the TRAKT - CONTEXTMENU feature and it does indeed bring up the track menu. However, the attached image shows that there is no background color to the popup box.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for reporting this.  I will investigate and test.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @shedrock , I have not been able to reproduce the lack of the "OK" button when installing an addon.  I have seen that before, but cannot pinpoint under what circumstances.  Could you please send me a log of the next time when it happens? That way I can see if there is anything there that might give me a clue.

As to the trakt dialog, it is that way by design (the addon developer's design).  I can skin then ( there are three different ones).  I will add this to my to-do.  I think, for now, what makes it look worse is that the highlight for each option is grey, when it should be red.  This is because I had textrures using the same name as the ones the trakt addon uses.  I changed that, and now it looks OK.  The changes are on GitHub already.  Now it should look like this:

Please download, test, and let me know how it goes for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-17, 22:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: @shedrock , I have not been able to reproduce the lack of the "OK" button when installing an addon.  I have seen that before, but cannot pinpoint under what circumstances.  Could you please send me a log of the next time when it happens? That way I can see if there is anything there that might give me a clue.
I will most certainly do that. I'll try to see if I can reproduce it tomorrow.
(2020-10-17, 22:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Please download, test, and let me know how it goes for you.  Thanks.
No problem. I will test it and report back tomorrow.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-10-16, 15:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-16, 15:17)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for this new feature.

@Cyberdom , thanks! I will include in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano.

(2020-10-16, 15:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: @Cyberdom , I am missing the French translation for the following strings:

1. Thumb
2. Landscape
3. Clear Logo
4. Clear Art
5. Disc Art
6. Character Art
7. TV Show Status
8. Number of Episodes
9. Number of Watched Episodes
10. Enable Label Scrolling
11. Show Text under artwork

The first 6 are the different widget artwork types.  Number 10 refers to having long labels scroll in widget titles, and number 11 to showing text under the artwork in widgets, for square widgets.
Here are the translations in French :

1. Thumb : Vignette
2. Landscape : Paysage
3. Clear Logo : Logo
4. Clear Art : Illustration
5. Disc Art : Illustration de disque
6. Character Art : Illustration de personnage
7. TV Show Status : Statut de la série TV
8. Number of Episodes : Nombre d'épisodes
9. Number of Watched Episodes : Nombre d'épisodes vus
10. Enable Label Scrolling : Activer le défilement des étiquettes
11. Show Text under artwork : Afficher le texte sous l'illustration
As a result of the last few amber updates, I have loss all my movies posters and some TV shows. I'm thinking something failed to update when I took the amber updates. 

I have found that I can get them back if I rescan the the movies into the library but this could take some time when I have allot. Haven't had any luck with the TV shows.

Can you suggest what I might be missing.

Thanks
(2020-10-20, 00:30)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]As a result of the last few amber updates, I have loss all my movies posters and some TV shows. I'm thinking something failed to update when I took the amber updates. 

I have found that I can get them back if I rescan the the movies into the library but this could take some time when I have allot. Haven't had any luck with the TV shows.

Thanks

@timmins, the skin does not change your artwork in any way, so a skin update cannot delete your posters. Are the posters showing if you switch to Estuary or another skin? If so, then I would like to see a debug log of when you browse and the posters are not showing. If they are not showing in Estuary or other skins, then it is not an Amber issue.

If you are running Leia, my recommendation would be to run Artwork Beef and have add missing artwork for all of your movies and TV shows.

Regards,

Bart
There has been some issue with Cloudflare recently, which may be the cause of the problem. There have been a few threads around the place relating to it.

Some work has been done on scrapers for this, and there is still some ongoing work to finally fix everything that this has affected. So it may be due to that rather than Amber itself.
(2020-10-20, 01:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-20, 00:30)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]As a result of the last few amber updates, I have loss all my movies posters and some TV shows. I'm thinking something failed to update when I took the amber updates. 

Thanks

@timmins, the skin does not change your artwork in any way, so a skin update cannot delete your posters. Are the posters showing if you switch to Estuary or another skin? If so, then I would like to see a debug log of when you browse and the posters are not showing. If they are not showing in Estuary or other skins, then it is not an Amber issue.

If you are running Leia, my recommendation would be to run Artwork Beef and have add missing artwork for all of your movies and TV shows.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks, yes I got the same results with Estuary. I'll try rescanning the drives, it seems to bring back the posters. On Kodi startup I get this error, I'm thinking it be might causing this. : Repo Install Error- Invalid Addon.xml. Just have to see which file or addon is causing this.
Hello all,

I have uploaded version 3.2.106 to GitHub (Leia branch) and the Amber repo for Leia.  The main changes are:

1.  Fix for season posters not showing in video info dialog.  I noticed recently that the tv show season posters were not showing in the Seasons custom list in the video info dialog.  The season thumb was showing instead.  I have fixed that.  Now the correct season posters are shown.  I have also fixed the aspect ratio for all posters shown in the custom lists in the video info dialog, so that the posters are not cut off.  You can see the correct season posters shown in the following screenshot:

2. Fixes for music OSD when seek bar is at the bottom.  I have fixed the overlaps that were present in the music osd when the seek bar is at the bottom.  It should now look like this:

3. Make the video osd and music osd popups more mouse-firendly.  The popups that show when you hover (focus) on the settings button and the subtitles button on the video OSD, and the settings button on the music OSD, were not mouse-friendly.  If you were using a mouse and tried to move up from the buttons to get to the popup options, the popup would disappear and you could not choose any of the options.

I have changed the behavior so that you now have to click (press enter) on the buttons for the popup to appear.  You can then move with the mouse to the popup and choose any of the options.  To hide the popup, you just click anywhere below the popup.  For keyboard users, the only difference is that you now need to press Enter for the popup to appear.  You can press Up to go to any of the popup options, and if you press Down from the lowest option, the popup will hide.  The popups I am referring to are the ones shown in the following screenshots:

4. Fix highlight color for trakt dialogs.  The trakt dialogs were not showing the proper highlight color due to a conflict with some of Amber's textures.  This has now been fixed.  For example, the context menu dialog with trakt options should now look like this:

Finally, I have added some missing French translations (thank you @Cyberdom ), and there should be other miscellaneous fixes as well.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I don't see an addon.xml updated file, or for that matter a changelog.txt file as part of the update. I use github desktop and noticed that the addon.xml still says 3.2.105.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-10-26, 00:53)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I don't see an addon.xml updated file, or for that matter a changelog.txt file as part of the update. I use github desktop and noticed that the addon.xml still says 3.2.105.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks for reporting this! Indeed I had forgotten to upload the changed addon.xml and changelog.txt to GitHub.  I just did.  The rest of the code was updated before, just not those two files.

Regards,

Bart