Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-10-28, 00:05)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-27, 23:00)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-27, 15:16)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting this.  Could you please post a screenshot of the issue? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Here is a screenshot where the background color is missing at the bottom of the image.
@Cyberdom , thanks for the screenshot.  I found the issue and the fix will be included in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano for your speed.
@pengipete , how does the following screenshot look to you? Would this suit you, or would you need a smaller font due to your filenames being even longer than what is shown here? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for this great skin. I have been trying to make my own Plex/Emby/Jellyfin Kodi build for more than a year now and this is the first skin that is sufficiently configurable to let me do it the way I want to while also being light enough for my 11 year old laptop.
(2020-10-29, 04:12)Marieah Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for this great skin. I have been trying to make my own Plex/Emby/Jellyfin Kodi build for more than a year now and this is the first skin that is sufficiently configurable to let me do it the way I want to while also being light enough for my 11 year old laptop.

@Marieah, thank you for your kind words! I am really glad that you are finding it useful 😊.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.107 (Leia) and 3.3.107 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main changes are:

1. Add 8K, HDR/SDR, video bit dpeth, Atmos, DTS-X flags and complete video source flags (webdl, hdtv,sdtv).  Thanks to @newbii for creating the flags.  With the exception of Atmos, which Kodi will pick up correctly from your NFO or the video files themselves, for all of these new flags to show up, you need to name your files accordingly.  Amber will look for the following in order to show the flags:

a. You need to include 8k in the name of the file for the 8K flag to show up.
b. You need to include hdr n the name of the file for the HDR flag to show up. 
c. You need to include sdr n the name of the file for the SDR flag to show up. Please note that this was done this way since the majority of the files are most likely sdr, and most people would want an indication of HDR, not of SDR.  If you do want the SDR flag to show up, include sdr in the file name.
d. You need to include 8bit or 8-bit in the file name for the 8-bit flag to show up.  Again, like SDR, most files have an 8-bit video bit depth.  It will not be shown by default. 
e. You need to include 10bit or 10-bit in the file name for the 10-bit flag to show up.
f. You need to include 12bit or 12-bit in the file name for the 12-bit flag to show up.
g. You can include atmos in the file name for the Dolby Atmos flag to show up.
h. You need to include dtsx or dts-x in the file name for the DTS-X flag to show up.
i. You need to include webdl or web-dl or webrip in the file name for the WebDL flag to show up.
j. You nedd to include pdtv, sdtv or sd-tv in the file name for the SDTV flag to show up.
k. You need to include hdtv or hd-tv in the file name for the HDTV flag to show up.
l. a. You can include 4k in the name of the file for the 4K flag to show up.

The HDR/SDR and video bit depth flags are not shown by default.  You need to activate a new skin setting for them to show up.  You can find the skin setting here:

Some examples that show the file naming and how the flags show up:

- File name is back to the future part iii (1990).hdr.10bit.mkv

Please note that in the example above, neither 4k nor atmos are included in the file name.  Kodi picks these up automatically and shows the correct flag.  You can include them in the file name if you want to make sure that they appear.

- File name is despicable me 3 (2017).dtsx.hdr.10bit.mkv

- File name is 20000 leagues under the sea (1955).webdl.mkv

2. Add option to show the file name instead of the title in the Icons view.  You can enable this option in any Icons view by going to the sideblade and activating it from there, as shown here:

And it looks like this:

3. Fix for transparent background being shown in the music OSD

4. Fix for not being able to close the lyrics dialog.

As usual, please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks @bsoriano 

All good here.
(2020-10-30, 22:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.107 (Leia) and 3.3.107 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main changes are:

1. Add 8K, HDR/SDR, video bit dpeth, Atmos, DTS-X flags and complete video source flags (webdl, hdtv,sdtv).  Thanks to @newbii for creating the flags.  With the exception of Atmos, which Kodi will pick up correctly from your NFO or the video files themselves, for all of these new flags to show up, you need to name your files accordingly.  Amber will look for the following in order to show the flags:

The HDR/SDR and video bit depth flags are not shown by default.  You need to activate a new skin setting for them to show up.  You can find the skin setting here:

I just updated but there are still some bugs.
First of all in the skin settings, the text of the new function "Show HDR / SDR and bit depth flags" is not displayed. The line is empty, I can just choose Yes / No at the end of the line.
I don't know if it's related to the French display but here is the French translation : "Afficher les drapeaux HDR/SDR et de profondeur de bits"

(2020-10-30, 22:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]2. Add option to show the file name instead of the title in the Icons view.  You can enable this option in any Icons view by going to the sideblade and activating it from there, as shown here:

When I choose the "Icons" view type, it's the same for the line to display the name of the files instead of the titles. The text on this line "File name instead of title" is not displayed. I can just enable or disable the function.
Here is the French translation : "Nom du fichier au lieu du titre"

(2020-10-30, 22:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]3. Fix for transparent background being shown in the music OSD
As for the music player OSD background, it is always transparent.

I have uploaded versions 3.2.107 (Leia) and 3.3.107 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  

Bart

Awesome! Amber 3.3.107 Matrix installed and looking mighty good with all the changes.

Thanks for all the updates Smile
(2020-10-31, 12:10)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]

First of all in the skin settings, the text of the new function "Show HDR / SDR and bit depth flags" is not displayed. The line is empty, I can just choose Yes / No at the end of the line.
I don't know if it's related to the French display but here is the French translation : "Afficher les drapeaux HDR/SDR et de profondeur de bits"

(2020-10-30, 22:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]2. Add option to show the file name instead of the title in the Icons view.  You can enable this option in any Icons view by going to the sideblade and activating it from there, as shown here:

When I choose the "Icons" view type, it's the same for the line to display the name of the files instead of the titles. The text on this line "File name instead of title" is not displayed. I can just enable or disable the function.

(2020-10-30, 22:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]3. Fix for transparent background being shown in the music OSD
@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting this.  Please try version 3.2.108, it should have the missing strings (with the correct French translation), and the real fix for the transparent background in the music OSD (I missed a file before).  Please let me know if indeed these issues are fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-31, 17:05)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: [ -> ]

I have uploaded versions 3.2.107 (Leia) and 3.3.107 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  

Bart

Awesome! Amber 3.3.107 Matrix installed and looking mighty good with all the changes.

Thanks for all the updates Smile
@TheRealDeadMan , thank you!

Regards,

Bart
Well done, man.  Best skin I've ever used.
(2020-11-01, 00:40)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-10-31, 12:10)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]

@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting this.  Please try version 3.2.108, it should have the missing strings (with the correct French translation), and the real fix for the transparent background in the music OSD (I missed a file before).  Please let me know if indeed these issues are fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano, the bugs are fixed.

The text of the new functions is displayed well in French and the background of the music OSD is back.
Hi @bsoriano, just installed the Matrix 3.3.108 version from your repo, and something seems to be broken.  
The 4k/8k icons are not showing for some reason now.

There is also another oddity I noticed; Some movies or tv episodes will not have any icons showing at all. It seems totally random as 1 season of TV might have half the episodes showing all the tags, while the rest do not show. Or it could be mixed results within a  season, regardless of them being 8/10/12bit, mkv, avi or anything. A couple that show a Web-DL tag, when there is nothing in the file name with that or in the metadata.

I tried the Information/Refresh on some TV shows - this worked only once to get the tags back, but that was it.
I also tried to toggle the Show 10/12 bit button off/on in Options a couple times, and rebooted the system, but no luck.

I'm fairly strict on my file naming schemes; probably 99% of my entire collection will show all my tags in the names, like "2160p.4k.hdr", "1080p.DD5.1", "720p.DTS", etc.

Thank you.
Regarding the flags, I noticed a difference in display between the OSD and the info button while playing a video.

With the OSD, here are the flags that are displayed :

With the same video, when I press the info button, this is not the same flags are displayed :

Would it be possible to display the same flags on both displays ?

When we press the info button, the ideal would be to have the same flags as on the OSD.
(2020-11-03, 17:52)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the flags, I noticed a difference in display between the OSD and the info button while playing a video.

With the OSD, here are the flags that are displayed :

With the same video, when I press the info button, this is not the same flags are displayed :

Would it be possible to display the same flags on both displays ?

When we press the info button, the ideal would be to have the same flags as on the OSD.
@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting this.  I will investigate why this is happening.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Cyberdom , I have found the issue.  I had forgotten about just pressing Info when viewing a video.  The fix will be in the next skin update.