Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-11-15, 13:17)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-15, 10:38)Stocks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-15, 10:33)Stocks Wrote: [ -> ]How come there isn't any option to browse for subtitle on the OSD when playing a video?
I really, really want this. Love the skin otherwise, tried a whole bunch of others but always come back to Amber after a few minutes. Best skin ever!  So clean, easy to navigate and easy on system resources.
Especially love the snow during winter time Big Grin

Is there some way to make it possible or code it in to the skin on my own?

Kodi v. 18.7 on Raspberry Pi 3b'

Thanks a lot for a great skin!
(couldn't find any edit button, sorry if there is one =/
Amber version is latest in Kodi Add-On repository, 3.2.23. Last updated today.

@Stocks, thanks for your kind words! In more recent versions of Amber (latest is 3.2.109) there is a skin setting that allows you to open the subtitle settings window when you click on the subtitles button on the video OSD. That window has the browse for subtitles option.

You can install the Amber repo for Leia, so that you can keep Amber up to date. You can find the repo here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip

Regards,

Bart
That's really great! Thanks a lot for the quick reply as well =)

Another problem now, I'm trying to install the repository, file manager - add source, pasting link, addons- install from zip . your link but it only leads me to a blank list.
What am I doing wrong?
(2020-11-15, 18:00)Stocks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-15, 13:17)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-15, 10:38)Stocks Wrote: [ -> ](couldn't find any edit button, sorry if there is one =/
Amber version is latest in Kodi Add-On repository, 3.2.23. Last updated today.

@Stocks, thanks for your kind words! In more recent versions of Amber (latest is 3.2.109) there is a skin setting that allows you to open the subtitle settings window when you click on the subtitles button on the video OSD. That window has the browse for subtitles option.

You can install the Amber repo for Leia, so that you can keep Amber up to date. You can find the repo here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip

Regards,

Bart
That's really great! Thanks a lot for the quick reply as well =)

Another problem now, I'm trying to install the repository, file manager - add source, pasting link, addons- install from zip . your link but it only leads me to a blank list.
What am I doing wrong?
@Stocks , you should go to Settings, Addons, Install from zip file, and look for where you put the zip file that you downloaded, and select it.  This will install the repo as an addon.  Like this:

Then, you can go to Settings, Addons, Install from Repository, and select the Amber repository, and look for the skin.  Most likely, once you install the repo, Amber will update itself to the latest version, if you have automatic updates for addons enabled in your setup.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have just uploaded versions 3.2.110 (Leia) and 3.4.1 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The highlight of this version is:

- Add new view Triple for TV Shows and Artists.  Thanks to @manfeed , who let me adapt his code from the Aeon Tajo skin, I have added a new view called Triple, just for tv shows and artists at this time.  This view allows you to see on the same screen seasons and episodes for tv shows, and albums and tracks for an artist.  The view looks like this for tv shows:

You press Right to move from the tv shows panel to the seasons panel, and you press Right to move from the seasons panel to the episodes panel.  Within each panel, you navigate using Up and Down.  To get to the scrollbar, you press Left from the tv shows panel.  If you have enabled the mouse/touch-firendly alphabet strip, and you are sorting by title, you get to the alphabet strip by pressing Left from the tv shows panel, or by hovering with your mouse on the left edge of the screen.  Please note that the other alphabet strip is not enabled for this view.

When you are on the episodes panel, after two seconds (not configurable), the item will open up and provide further info for the episode.  It looks like this:

The view looks like this for artists:

Navigation for artists is the same as for tv shows, except there is no further information shown for each track.

You can select this new view from the classic view selector:

And from the new view selector:

And, of course, you can disable it if you wish:

Please download/update, test, and let me know what you think and if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
My apologies, I just realized that the unwatched episode count and the darkening texture when you move away from the tvshow panel in Triple view are not positioned correctly. I will fix that tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-11-16, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I have just uploaded versions 3.2.110 (Leia) and 3.4.1 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The highlight of this version is:

- Add new view Triple for TV Shows and Artists.  Thanks to @manfeed , who let me adapt his code from the Aeon Tajo skin, I have added a new view called Triple, just for tv shows and artists at this time.  This view allows you to see on the same screen seasons and episodes for tv shows, and albums and tracks for an artist.  The view looks like this for tv shows:

You press Right to move from the tv shows panel to the seasons panel, and you press Right to move from the seasons panel to the episodes panel.  Within each panel, you navigate using Up and Down.  To get to the scrollbar, you press Left from the tv shows panel.  If you have enabled the mouse/touch-firendly alphabet strip, and you are sorting by title, you get to the alphabet strip by pressing Left from the tv shows panel, or by hovering with your mouse on the left edge of the screen.  Please note that the other alphabet strip is not enabled for this view.

When you are on the episodes panel, after two seconds (not configurable), the item will open up and provide further info for the episode.  It looks like this:

The view looks like this for artists:

Navigation for artists is the same as for tv shows, except there is no further information shown for each track.

You can select this new view from the classic view selector:

And from the new view selector:

And, of course, you can disable it if you wish:

Please download/update, test, and let me know what you think and if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Looks great, thanks again
Hello all,

Versions 3.2.111 (Leia) and 3.4.2 (Matrix) are up in GitHub and the Amber repos.  This version fixes the poistioning issues for the overlay in tv shows in Triple view.

Please test and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-11-17, 16:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Versions 3.2.111 (Leia) and 3.4.2 (Matrix) are up in GitHub and the Amber repos.  This version fixes the poistioning issues for the overlay in tv shows in Triple view.

So far so good on Matrix. Nice job on the triple-view. Thank you.

This brings me into a new request about Specials/Extras. Maybe something that can be added in the future is an 'Extras' tag somewhere to display what movies or TV may an have Extras or Specials folder.
I was just reading in pkscouts thread about the updated Extras plugin, and it is mentioned that there are few skins that support this, but I thought it would be pretty cool for us Extras lovers.

Is the plugin.video.specialfeatures option under Dependancies in the Amber settings somewhat related to the old Special features plugin? Its always ghosted and unusable.

(2020-11-09, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-08, 22:22)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-04, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.109 (Leia) and 3.3.109 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

There is no new functionality in this version, just a few bug fixes:

2.  Fix for media flags when pressing info in full screen video.   Before, different media flags were showing when you pressed Info while viewing full screen video, vs the ones that were showing when the OSD was showing.  This has been fixed.
@bsoriano, it's okay, the flags match on the 2 views. There is just the HD flag which is displayed only on the OSD view and the video codec flag (for example H.264) which is displayed only on the info button view.

OSD view :

View of the info button :
(2020-11-05, 17:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

Just a heads-up to all of you, I will not be uploading any new Leia versions of Amber for a while.  I will be concentrating on getting the Matrix version up to date with all of the skinning changes and Matrix new features.

However, if you find a bug, by all means let me know, and I will fix and release an update for Leia.

Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.

Regards,

Bart
OK, it's noted.
@Cyberdom , thanks for the further info on the flags issue.  I have found the problem and will fix in the next skin update.  It will be a few days, though, as I am working right now on the Matrix skinning changes.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano, this problem is fix with the Amber version 3.2.110.

(2020-11-16, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]And, of course, you can disable it if you wish:

Nice this new type of view.
Here is the French translation for "Disable triple view" :
"Désactiver la vue triple"
(2020-11-17, 19:28)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-09, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-08, 22:22)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano, it's okay, the flags match on the 2 views. There is just the HD flag which is displayed only on the OSD view and the video codec flag (for example H.264) which is displayed only on the info button view.

OSD view :

View of the info button :
OK, it's noted.
@Cyberdom , thanks for the further info on the flags issue.  I have found the problem and will fix in the next skin update.  It will be a few days, though, as I am working right now on the Matrix skinning changes.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano, this problem is fix with the Amber version 3.2.110.
(2020-11-16, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]And, of course, you can disable it if you wish:

Nice this new type of view.
Here is the French translation for "Disable triple view" :
"Désactiver la vue triple"
@Cyberdom , thanks for confirming the flag issue is fixed.  Thanks also for the translation, it will be included in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-11-17, 19:18)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-17, 16:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Versions 3.2.111 (Leia) and 3.4.2 (Matrix) are up in GitHub and the Amber repos.  This version fixes the poistioning issues for the overlay in tv shows in Triple view.

So far so good on Matrix. Nice job on the triple-view. Thank you.

This brings me into a new request about Specials/Extras. Maybe something that can be added in the future is an 'Extras' tag somewhere to display what movies or TV may an have Extras or Specials folder.
I was just reading in pkscouts thread about the updated Extras plugin, and it is mentioned that there are few skins that support this, but I thought it would be pretty cool for us Extras lovers.

Is the plugin.video.specialfeatures option under Dependancies in the Amber settings somewhat related to the old Special features plugin? Its always ghosted and unusable.

@TheRealDeadMan , thanks for your feedback, and the mock-up of how an extras flag could look like.  Unfortunately, until @pkscout implements a way for the Extras addon to set a window property or add an art type to the movie/tvshow (that is what the old Special Features plugin did, it added an "sflogo" art type that then a skin could display), there is no way that I am aware of, from the skin, for me to know if a movie or tv show has extras.

I have support for the Special Features plugin in Amber, but this plugin does not work on Matrix.  Even in Leia, with the current Kodi version (18.9), it will not scan correctly for extras in my setup, giving errors when it encounters movies with accented characters in the library.

Regards,

Bart
HI, I'm working my way through updating my personal music collection to include 3d cases and upload them to audiodb website. I was wondering if there was any future plans to use these type of cases in a view going forward. 

(2020-11-19, 05:40)zorg2000k Wrote: [ -> ]HI, I'm working my way through updating my personal music collection to include 3d cases and upload them to audiodb website. I was wondering if there was any future plans to use these type of cases in a view going forward. 

@zorg2000k, great artwork! I currently do not have plans for any 3D type view, but that does not mean that I will not in the future. Is there a skin that makes really good use of those 3D cases that you can point me to as examples of what you would like to see in Amber? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Hey Bart,

I was just curious if it would be hard to implement a feature that Aeon Nox SiLVO uses. When I am watching for example Newsmax on YouTube and I escape from the main view in Aeon Nox I still see what's going on in a small window to the top left. I know in Amber it just shows you the full-screen view providing you have "Show Video Player/Music Visualization enabled". Not sure if you can add an option to have full screen or window. No problem if it's too much work.

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2020-11-19, 21:59)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hey Bart,

I was just curious if it would be hard to implement a feature that Aeon Nox SiLVO uses. When I am watching for example Newsmax on YouTube and I escape from the main view in Aeon Nox I still see what's going on in a small window to the top left. I know in Amber it just shows you the full-screen view providing you have "Show Video Player/Music Visualization enabled". Not sure if you can add an option to have full screen or window. No problem if it's too much work.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , I think that is very useful, yes.  I will look into how it's being done in Aeon Nox SiLVO. I will add to my To-Do list.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-11-19, 22:32)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , I think that is very useful, yes.  I will look into how it's being done in Aeon Nox SiLVO. I will add to my To-Do list.
Thanks Bart. Big Grin