Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-12-05, 20:42)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh, that's exactly what I mean. Big Grin

Maybe the code in Aeon MQ7 may help?

Shedrock

@shedrock , I found a way.  It turned out to be easier than I thought.  The only side effect will be that the widgets always hide when starting Now Playing.  I should be able to solve this soon.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @shedrock , I think I have it now.  Please test the latest from GitHub and let me know.  Thanks.
(2020-12-05, 21:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: @shedrock , I think I have it now.  Please test the latest from GitHub and let me know.  Thanks.
Hi Bart,

This seems to be working great now. Thank you so much for this.

Shedrock
Can't get video preview to show up on my shield, such a shame.. :/

Or is it because my movies are on pc and on nas drive, which im connected through lan?
@bsoriano - I forgot to mention that I don't see any options in the Now Playing area. I've attached an image to show you. It works in Windows, but not in LibreELEC.

Shedrock
(2020-12-05, 22:33)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - I forgot to mention that I don't see any options in the Now Playing area. I've attached an image to show you. It works in Windows, but not in LibreELEC.

Shedrock
@shedrock , I will look into this.  I need to redo those images anyway.  Thanks for reporting.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-05, 21:51)G0mez Wrote: [ -> ]Can't get video preview to show up on my shield, such a shame.. :/

Or is it because my movies are on pc and on nas drive, which im connected through lan?
@G0mez , are you using Kodi Leia or Matrix? This functionality is only in the Leia GitHub version of the skin right now.  It is not in the Amber repos or in Matrix GitHub yet.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-05, 21:50)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-05, 21:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: @shedrock , I think I have it now.  Please test the latest from GitHub and let me know.  Thanks.
Hi Bart,

Shedrock
@shedrock , I am glad it's working.  We are solwly but surely getting to full functionality Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-05, 21:50)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi Bart,

Shedrock
@shedrock , how critical for you are the player controls when the larger video preview window is visible? I ask because I am trying to figure out how the navigation would work if the controls are there.  What I mean is this: I can display the controls when the preview window is visible, but when you press Up, for example, when you are viewing the preview, then the widgets, if present, should show, so how would you get to the player controls with a keyboard/remote?

I know that MQ7 does not show the player controls when the large preview window is visible, they show them when the smaller preview is shown, and the widgets are shown as well.  This works for that skin, since they only have one row of widgets.  This would not work in Amber, since we have two row and even three row widgets, so there would be no room for the player controls in those scenarios.  Any ideas?

If the controls are not that critical, then I can just show the large preview window with the progress bar, and the title of what's playing on top.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-05, 22:49)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , how critical for you are the player controls when the larger video preview window is visible?
Not critical at all. I would not bother about that if I were you. I am quite content with the way it looks, and hopefully you will be able to add an option to turn off the text as I previously suggested.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-12-05, 22:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , I will look into this.  I need to redo those images anyway.  Thanks for reporting.
Nevermind Bart. The issue was ME. I forgot to update the media folder. Sorry about Sad
(2020-12-05, 22:35)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-05, 21:51)G0mez Wrote: [ -> ]Can't get video preview to show up on my shield, such a shame.. :/

@G0mez , are you using Kodi Leia or Matrix? This functionality is only in the Leia GitHub version of the skin right now.  It is not in the Amber repos or in Matrix GitHub yet.

Regards,

Bart

Im using leia and installed github version. Wonder if I need to turn some option on to be able to see that video preview window ?
(2020-12-05, 23:01)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-05, 22:49)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , how critical for you are the player controls when the larger video preview window is visible?
Not critical at all. I would not bother about that if I were you. I am quite content with the way it looks, and hopefully you will be able to add an option to turn off the text as I previously suggested.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , thanks, that's great.  Could you please try the latest from GitHub and let me know if now we are ready for primetime? Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-05, 23:25)G0mez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-05, 22:35)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

Im using leia and installed github version. Wonder if I need to turn some option on to be able to see that video preview window ?
@G0mez , yes you do.  I have not made a full post about this yet, since it is in testing mode.  This is how the settings would need to look to have video preview for all video types:

Please let me know if now you have the video preview ( and the rest of the Now Playing info).  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hey again @bsarino

So sorry to be a pain, I can’t find the skin variables file you said to use, can you help me.. I looked on the first post but I’m not sure which is which

Ben
(2020-12-06, 02:18)Bbam Wrote: [ -> ]Hey again @bsarino

So sorry to be a pain, I can’t find the skin variables file you said to use, can you help me.. I looked on the first post but I’m not sure which is which

Ben

@Bbam, no worries. Here's the link for Jurialmunkey's Matrix repo: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...matrix.zip. Please install that and update skinvariables. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart