Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-12-07, 18:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-07, 18:04)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]Liking the new options in the skin, great stuff!

A suggestion, would it be doable to have the option of displaying clear art or CD art where the clear logo is?

@Filmbuff , thank you for your kind words.  Yes, it is doable.  I will add this to my To-Do.

Regards,

Bart

Excellent, thank you Smile
(2020-12-07, 18:18)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-07, 18:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-07, 18:04)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]Liking the new options in the skin, great stuff!

A suggestion, would it be doable to have the option of displaying clear art or CD art where the clear logo is?

@Filmbuff , thank you for your kind words.  Yes, it is doable.  I will add this to my To-Do.

Regards,

Bart

@Filmbuff , if you are using Leia and are able to update and test from GitHub, I already made the changes.  I was able to complete this faster than I expected.  If you do test from GitHub, you will find a new setting in the Media Views section of the Skin Settings:

When you select that, you get a dialog with the choices.  The choices are: None, Clear Logo, Clear Art, Disc Art and Character Art.

This is what it looks like, in Low List with Disc Art:

And with Clear Art:

This works across all media types, with fallbacks for artwork that is not present.  For example, if you select Character Art (which is only available for tv shows), the fallbacks work as follows: Character Art -> Clear Art -> Logo -> None.

Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-08, 16:44)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-07, 18:18)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-07, 18:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Filmbuff , thank you for your kind words.  Yes, it is doable.  I will add this to my To-Do.

Regards,

Bart

@Filmbuff , if you are using Leia and are able to update and test from GitHub, I already made the changes.  I was able to complete this faster than I expected.  If you do test from GitHub, you will find a new setting in the Media Views section of the Skin Settings:

When you select that, you get a dialog with the choices.  The choices are: None, Clear Logo, Clear Art, Disc Art and Character Art.

This is what it looks like, in Low List with Disc Art:

And with Clear Art:

This works across all media types, with fallbacks for artwork that is not present.  For example, if you select Character Art (which is only available for tv shows), the fallbacks work as follows: Character Art -> Clear Art -> Logo -> None.

Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Looks great, just what I was after Smile

Oddly enough, when I quickly tried to check it out, downloaded the zip file and installed, movie folder and add on menu are black screened. Only way to get it working again is to swap skins and from there "update" Amber to 113 from the repo.

I may have done something in the settings or so, will investigate later today.
(2020-12-08, 18:25)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]Oddly enough, when I quickly tried to check it out, downloaded the zip file and installed, movie folder and add on menu are black screened. Only way to get it working again is to swap skins and from there "update" Amber to 113 from the repo.

Hi @Filmbuff , my screen also went black for 5-10 seconds (LibreElec Matrix install) after installing the Amber update, but then everything reappeared; possibly it was updating something in the background.
(2020-12-08, 20:18)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-08, 18:25)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]Oddly enough, when I quickly tried to check it out, downloaded the zip file and installed, movie folder and add on menu are black screened. Only way to get it working again is to swap skins and from there "update" Amber to 113 from the repo.

Hi @Filmbuff , my screen also went black for 5-10 seconds (LibreElec Matrix install) after installing the Amber update, but then everything reappeared; possibly it was updating something in the background.

Good shout, tried that, screen goes black as soon as the update starts, 5 seconds later I get the update successful message, then just all black until I hit the back button. Main menu and everything builds fine, just movies and tv shows menus are inaccessible, as is anything to do with add-on menu, all settings are left as they are from a working 113.
This happens on Android/Shield and UWP 10, Kodi 18.9.
Hi @bsoriano, thanks for all the recent updates.

This is more an FYI for anyone else on Matrix who might want to adjust colours.

I started looking into some of my missing dependencies... Maybe it's just my setup, but I think it's just part of the general Matrix testing we are doing.
Colorpicker was always showing as Enabled, but would never work, so I downloaded a version from the repo, and installed that. After I installed, it started to work perfectly, but still shows the same version number as before. (link to Matrix repo directory script.skin.helper.colorpicker)

From what I gather, it is linked to the service.skin.helper addon package. There seems to be a few issues installing that on Matrix right now, so it is not updating parts of the package. Parts are still pointing towards an older version of beautifulsoup3, which will not work with Matrix. We are able to download the newer script.module.beautifulsoup4 and install it, but there are still a couple items from the skin.helper package that will not install.

Maybe other Amber/Matrix users will find this helpful Smile

(2020-12-08, 20:44)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-08, 20:18)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: [ -> ]

Good shout, tried that, screen goes black as soon as the update starts, 5 seconds later I get the update successful message, then just all black until I hit the back button. Main menu and everything builds fine, just movies and tv shows menus are inaccessible, as is anything to do with add-on menu, all settings are left as they are from a working 113.
For some reason a couple of the dependencies had fallen over, all working again.

@bart, top work man, exactly what I was hoping for!
(2020-12-07, 00:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.114 (Leia) and 3.4.5 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.
Hi @bsoriano. I am using Kodi 18.9 with the Amber repository 1.0.1.

I would like to install this update but the Amber repository does not offer it to me. It only offers me version 3.2.113.
Is there a problem with the Amber repository ?

Thank you for the list of terms to translate into French. I haven't had time yet but I will do it as soon as I can.
(2020-12-08, 23:03)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-08, 20:44)Filmbuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-08, 20:18)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @Filmbuff , my screen also went black for 5-10 seconds (LibreElec Matrix install) after installing the Amber update, but then everything reappeared; possibly it was updating something in the background.

For some reason a couple of the dependencies had fallen over, all working again.

@bart, top work man, exactly what I was hoping for!
@Filmbuff , I am glad you like it Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-08, 23:18)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]

I have uploaded versions 3.2.114 (Leia) and 3.4.5 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

I would like to install this update but the Amber repository does not offer it to me. It only offers me version 3.2.113.

Thank you for the list of terms to translate into French. I haven't had time yet but I will do it as soon as I can.
@Cyberdom , there should not be a problem with the Amber repository.  Can you please do "check for updates" on the Amber repository addon itself?  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-08, 23:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

@Cyberdom , there should not be a problem with the Amber repository.  Can you please do "check for updates" on the Amber repository addon itself?  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Ok, I will try.

It's weird because until now, the updates were done correctly.
(2020-12-08, 21:12)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bsoriano, thanks for all the recent updates.

This is more an FYI for anyone else on Matrix who might want to adjust colours.

I started looking into some of my missing dependencies... Maybe it's just my setup, but I think it's just part of the general Matrix testing we are doing.
Colorpicker was always showing as Enabled, but would never work, so I downloaded a version from the repo, and installed that. After I installed, it started to work perfectly, but still shows the same version number as before. (link to Matrix repo directory script.skin.helper.colorpicker)

From what I gather, it is linked to the service.skin.helper addon package. There seems to be a few issues installing that on Matrix right now, so it is not updating parts of the package. Parts are still pointing towards an older version of beautifulsoup3, which will not work with Matrix. We are able to download the newer script.module.beautifulsoup4 and install it, but there are still a couple items from the skin.helper package that will not install.

Maybe other Amber/Matrix users will find this helpful Smile

@TheRealDeadMan , thanks for the info, most useful.  I am planning on looking into ways of doing the color settings without using the colorpicker script, and I will replace the use of skinbackup addon with the xbmc backup addon, which is working well for Matrix.  After that, Amber will not depend on any skin helper service items anymore.

Regards,

Bart

Regards,

Bart
I just tried and I still have the Amber repository version 1.0.1 and the Amber version 3.2.113.
Amber version 3.2.114 is not offered to me.
(2020-12-08, 23:57)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-08, 23:18)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bsoriano. I am using Kodi 18.9 with the Amber repository 1.0.1.

Regards,

Bart
I just tried and I still have the Amber repository version 1.0.1 and the Amber version 3.2.113.
Amber version 3.2.114 is not offered to me.
@Cyberdom , I will check to see if there is anything wrong with the repo.  Thanks for reporting.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

In my previous post when I mentioned that I had uploaded versions 3.2.114 and 3.4.5, I did the uploads to GitHub, but missed completing them to the Amber repos.  I have corrected that mistake now, so version 3.2.114 is in the Amber repo for Leia, and version 3.4.5 is in the Amber repo for Matrix.  My apologies for the incorrect information before.

Regards,

Bart